D&D 5E Eberron: Rising from the Last War Coming For D&D In November

A new D&D campaign setting has appeared on Amazon -- Eberron: Rising from the Last War. It's slated for November 19th, at $49.99.

A new D&D campaign setting has appeared on Amazon -- Eberron: Rising from the Last War. It's slated for November 19th, at $49.99.

Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 10.28.34.png

Explore the lands of Eberron in this campaign sourcebook for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

This book provides everything players and Dungeon Masters need to play Dungeons & Dragons in Eberron—a war-torn world filled with magic-fueled technology, airships and lightning trains, where noir-inspired mystery meets swashbuckling adventure. Will Eberron enter a prosperous new age or will the shadow of war descend once again?

• Dive straight into your pulp adventures with easy-to-use locations, complete with maps of floating castles, skyscrapers, and more.

• Explore Sharn, a city of skyscrapers, airships, and noirish intrigue and a crossroads for the world’s war-ravaged peoples.

• Include a campaign for characters venturing into the Mournland, a mist-cloaked, corpse-littered land twisted by magic.

• Meld magic and invention to craft objects of wonder as an artificer—the first official class to be released for fifth edition D&D since the Player’s Handbook.

• Flesh out your characters with a new D&D game element called a group patron—a background for your whole party.

• Explore 16 new race/subrace options including dragonmarks, which magically transform certain members of the races in the Player’s Handbook.

• Confront horrific monsters born from the world’s devastating wars.

There is an alternate cover for game stores:

ECWHqFcU4AAvUYP.jpg

WotC's Jeremy Crawford confirmed that "The book incorporates the material in "Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron" and adds a whole lot more."

R_J_K75

Legend
It's fair: I am option rich locally, having two good stores within ten minutes.

Theres one literally a 1 minute drive from my house. Its only been there a few months and Ive been meaning to stop in there just never got around to it. My neighbors younger brother was playing there. Hes maybe 15 and new to the game, and the store was within walking distance for him. They made him feel so unwelcome that he quit and found another game at another store a few miles away. Thats too bad but he made his CON save said he likes the new game alot better.

ClaytonCross

Kinder reader Inflection wanted
All D&D books are DM books: that's one of the main features of the 5E program of releases, and it has worked so far.

The player crunch was touted as a playtest for a potential future product: the fluff was the selling point for the older book, and the newer book seems to focus on adventure material and monsters.

That is some great information!!! Then as someone who is mainly a player and when I GM I generally do homebrew worlds, The new book is the one I REALLY need. Since I will make my fluff but cannon monsters and adventuring material always help. Thanks!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah, but a large chunk of that remaining page count is a deep dive into Sharn, which is also something this new book is promising, so there's still a hefty crossover there. And most of the rest is very basic summarised introductions to the setting's various regions, which would be a pretty glaring omission if they don't include at least something of that nature in the hardcover.

The new book has a Sharn Gazeeter, but it does not necessarily have to be a reprint: I'll be interested to see what they have to say on this.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
That is some great information!!! Then as someone who is mainly a player and when I GM I generally do homebrew worlds, The new book is the one I REALLY need. Since I will make my fluff but cannon monsters and adventuring material always help. Thanks!

For sure, no problem: based on the description, and the analogy to the Ravnica book, this will probably be mostly monsters and adventure material: a full adventure module, various mapped out locations, and adventure generation material similar to what's in the DMG.

Winterthorn

Monster Manager
This is great news! And that alternate cover art looks just beautiful to me! Quite evocative! I think this will be a priority purchase for me, from my FLGS - something to look forward to in dreary November, lol.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So, just as FYI, D&D Beyond has "100%" confirmed that the 320 page Rising from the Last War will not reprint the entirety of the Wayfinders Guide: there is overlap, but it is not total:

Remove ads

Remove ads