D&D 5E Eberron: Rising from the Last War Coming For D&D In November

A new D&D campaign setting has appeared on Amazon -- Eberron: Rising from the Last War. It's slated for November 19th, at $49.99.
A new D&D campaign setting has appeared on Amazon -- Eberron: Rising from the Last War. It's slated for November 19th, at $49.99.

Screenshot 2019-08-19 at 10.28.34.png

Explore the lands of Eberron in this campaign sourcebook for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

This book provides everything players and Dungeon Masters need to play Dungeons & Dragons in Eberron—a war-torn world filled with magic-fueled technology, airships and lightning trains, where noir-inspired mystery meets swashbuckling adventure. Will Eberron enter a prosperous new age or will the shadow of war descend once again?

• Dive straight into your pulp adventures with easy-to-use locations, complete with maps of floating castles, skyscrapers, and more.

• Explore Sharn, a city of skyscrapers, airships, and noirish intrigue and a crossroads for the world’s war-ravaged peoples.

• Include a campaign for characters venturing into the Mournland, a mist-cloaked, corpse-littered land twisted by magic.

• Meld magic and invention to craft objects of wonder as an artificer—the first official class to be released for fifth edition D&D since the Player’s Handbook.

• Flesh out your characters with a new D&D game element called a group patron—a background for your whole party.

• Explore 16 new race/subrace options including dragonmarks, which magically transform certain members of the races in the Player’s Handbook.

• Confront horrific monsters born from the world’s devastating wars.

There is an alternate cover for game stores:

ECWHqFcU4AAvUYP.jpg

WotC's Jeremy Crawford confirmed that "The book incorporates the material in "Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron" and adds a whole lot more."

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Humano-centric means exactly what it says. Centered on humans. It's almost, like, in the words or something. You see the constant references by Gygax (the creator of Greyhawk) in both the GH materials and the other materials he wrote; simply put, this isn't some bizarre construction, but a natural reading of what the setting is, further supported by the demographics and the countries involved.

Which leads to the observation that playing non-humans is a carefully-considered choice. Elves, for example, or gnomes will probably be more welcome in certain areas than others; there would certainly be no issue with a mixed party starting out in Highfolk. It gets problematic when designing adventures for Dragonborn, however, especially given the nature of the setting unless you want to retcon it extensively.
If humanocentric means "humans plus a handful of rare exceptions", then the definition of those rare exceptions really shouldn't matter. Therefore, there's a different property to the setting that is also trying to be preserved which isn't related to humanocentrism. And that property is "containing the handful of races that were part of generic D&D during the OD&D/1E era."

It's not a fear of the new; it's simply- why bother? There are tons of settings that you can use, so if you're looking to run (or, ruin) a setting, why not just do it to FR? I mean, that's what traditionally happens.
If you're happy that your preferred races are still included in the setting, and you simply feel indifferent to the inclusion of new things, than I wouldn't call that attitude neophobic. If you feel that adding any new material will dilute and damage the overall feeling of the setting, I would call that attitude neophobic.

Aldarc

Legend
Sorry if someone has already posted this, but at The official versions of several playable races appear in “Eberron: Rising from the Last War”:, Jeremy Crawford said:

The official versions of several playable races appear in "Eberron: Rising from the Last War":

Warforged
Changelings
Kalashtar
Shifters

The book also contains playable goblins, bugbears, hobgoblins, and orcs.
The playable orcs from Volo's Guide were commonly criticized, so they may get redemption here. Hopefully this means kobolds will also get a new set of stats in some later book.

That was my guess too. I mean, remember that this is a leak, not the official announcement. Temp art wouldn't be that surprising.

Not a leak. Press release was from PR agency yesterday. The two covers are official. That being said, I am hopeful that they see the feedback and tweak the cover. If they were trying to go with a Dragon Heist style cover, this is a miss.

Remove ads

Remove ads