• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron: The Chaos Effect Complete once more Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

sleepystyle

First Post
Since I will probably be summoning a lot of support in this game...

As I understood it, Summon X is a full round action, but the creature appears and can attack on my init the round after casting (without being surpised). If you run it differently I'll adjust by summoning helpers at range from targets. Figured I should find out before next time we need a demon on the scene.
-d

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Casting time is one round, not a full round action. That means you start casting on round n and you finish right before your turn (or on your turn) on round n+1. Caster starts casting spell on round n. Creature appears on round n+1 and attacks immediately. Nothing is surprised.

Bront

The man with the probe
You both have it right. Probably just a mistake. I should have been able to activate my Shield of faith when I moved in the first round because it's a move action, and the move was a move action. But no biggie. We'll just get it right next time :)

sleepystyle said:
Since I will probably be summoning a lot of support in this game...

As I understood it, Summon X is a full round action, but the creature appears and can attack on my init the round after casting (without being surpised). If you run it differently I'll adjust by summoning helpers at range from targets. Figured I should find out before next time we need a demon on the scene.
-d

I had it appear but unable to act the moment you caste. Think of it as being confused for a moment. I wasn't sure where you planned to place it (mnissed it if you said where) so I went in the middle to stop their charge. Two Charging Dire Boars struck me as dangerous.

Bront said:
You both have it right. Probably just a mistake. I should have been able to activate my Shield of faith when I moved in the first round because it's a move action, and the move was a move action. But no biggie. We'll just get it right next time :)

Sorry- believe it or not- that was the first time I ever used Shield of Faith. Kinda rushed through that update since I had both kids and a wife screaming for me to get off the computer so that we could go tubing down the Battenkill.

I'm sure I will make mistakes. I DM generally with the same people and most of them don't care for magic except for magic weapons so Special abilities and casting will sometimes throw me (especially when in a hurry).

Still- we are doing well considering everything.

Bront

The man with the probe
No porblem Mega. I generaly try to say how long an action takes in the action. Don't worry about getting things wrong, it happens. Shield of Faith is a 1st level Cleric Spell, so you can look it up if needed.

Remove ads