• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Eberron] The Forgotten Forge

MadMaxim

First Post
"Oh no!" Gannon cries out, as he sees the shifter lying on the floor, bleeding. He tries to get a hold of himself and remain calm, remembering that he's the leader of the party and if anyone should remain calm it should be him. He looks at the frightened gnome. "Thank you, Plonk. Stay back. I'm going in. Back me up in whatever ways you can." Then he looks at the metal dogs. "You shall taste my wrath you soulless abominations..." And he walks into the room, his morningstar held firmly in his right hand, ready to smash the iron dogs.

OOC: Gannon walks into the room and attacks the nearest iron dog. He will keep on attacking it till it's dead and then he'll continue with the other one. He'll use action points on every attack to make them count.

Krug

Newshound
Since he's been near death twice, Plonk hides and fires bolts at the dogs, not wanting to risk his skin in combat against the beasts.

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Round 2, Pt. II
Initiative: [Plonk 20, (Rawhide 8a),] Flawed 8b, Gannon 7, iron dogs 3

Flawed fires a crossbow bolt at one of the two dogs (Plonk recognizes them now as a stylized version of an iron defender, a standard homunculus designed by artificers), hitting it squarely [roll of 18 on d20, +1 crossbow, total 19, hit; 4 hp of damage]. Bursting past Plonk, Gannon attacks the same dog, clubbing it in the jaw with his morningstar [roll of 18 on d20, +1 morningstar, total 19, hit; 9 hp damage]. A handful of metal teeth go skittering across the floor.

Gannon sidesteps the other dog as it leaps past him, stepping right into the bite of the one he had hit with his morningstar [3 hp damage].

Conditions
Flawed 7/7 hp
Gannon 2/9 hp
Plonk 6/7 hp, 4/5 AP
Rawhide -3/13 hp (unconscious, stable), 4/5 AP

Round 3
Initiative: Plonk 20, (Rawhide 8a), Flawed 8b, Gannon 7, iron defenders 3

Plonk, from his vantage point behind the melee, launches a crossbow at the uninjured defender [roll of 16 on d20, +1 crossbow, total 17, hit; 2 hp damage], hitting it in its side. Flawed reloads and fires, hitting the other metal dog [roll of 13 on d20, +1 crossbow, +3 on action die, total 17, hit; 5 hp damage]. The dog teeters and falls to the ground, disabled.

Gannon turns to the other dog, smashing it in the side with his morningstar [roll of 17 on d20, +1 morningstar, total 18, hit; 8 hp damage]. The dog snaps back at the cleric, missing.

Conditions
Flawed 7/7 hp, 4/5 AP
Gannon 2/9 hp
Plonk 6/7 hp, 4/5 AP
Rawhide -3/13 hp (unconscious, stable); 4/5 AP

Round 4
Initiative: Plonk 20, (Rawhide 8a), Flawed 8b, Gannon 7, iron defenders 3

The gnome-warforged artillery unit fires again, hitting the beast once [Plonk: roll of 17 on d20, +1 crossbow, total 18, hit; Flawed: roll of 14 on d20, +1 crossbow, +1 on action die, total 16, miss; 4 hp damage]. Gannon then knocks it straight into the middle of next week [roll of 19 on d20, +1 morningstar, total 20, hit; 8 hp damage]. As the creature falls to the ground, a triangular rod slides out of its forehead. An inspection of the other dog reveals a rectangular rod on the ground next to its head.

Conditions
Flawed 7/7 hp, 3/5 AP
Gannon 2/9 hp
Plonk 6/7 hp, 3/5 AP
Rawhide -3/13 hp (unconscious, stable); 4/5 AP

Krug

Newshound
"We did it!" cheers Plonk, glad to have survived a combat for once. Plonk takes up the rods, examining them. "Oh I suppose we SHOULD revive the shifter."

He inspects the dogs, marveling at their design. "They're known as iron defenders, a sort of homunculus designed by artificers. Somebody wants to protect something."

MadMaxim

First Post
Gannon falls to his knees supporting himself with the handle of his morningstar, exhausted by the combat. "Well, you sure construct some good guard dogs..." he says to Plonk. "And unfortunately, I cannot revive Rawhide. I've already used all the healing magic granted to me today. I'll have to rest before I can heal anyone's wounds." Gannon looks at the rods that fell from the dogs' foreheads and asks the artificer. "Could you try looking at those rods, Plonk? They may be clues to the location of the artifact we're seeking." He points towards the rectangular rods.

Old Fezziwig

Plonk: [Knowledge/Architecture and Engineering, roll of 17 on d20, +2 Int, total 19] You seem to think that these two rods are keys of some sort. Inspection of the iron defenders' heads reveals that they were held in place by a rather clever clockwork mechanism.

Everyone: The night passes uneventfully.

Sar, 16th Sypheros 998 YK
Int. House Cannith Foundry, Time Unknown

OOC: Please see this post for a description of the room's contents. Basically, there's a forge and furnace on the east wall, shelves along the south wall, doors in the west, and a giant pile of rubble in the middle of the floor. Also, I've healed each character 1 hp for the eight hours of rest.

Conditions
Flawed 7/7 hp, 3/5 AP
Gannon 3/9 hp
Plonk 7/7 hp, 3/5 AP
Rawhide -2/13 hp (unconscious, stable); 4/5 AP

Old Fezziwig

Plonk: You find a slew of equipment on the shelves, most of it wrapped in ancient oilcloth [See list below]. As for the forge and furnace, the floor around it is covered in metal plates. Careful inspection of the forge reveals three slots, evenly spaced above the mouth of the forge — a pentagon, triangle, and a rectangle.

OOC: Everyone, please take a moment to visit the OOC thread.

List for Plonk
One suit of scale mail, one small and finely-made chain shirt, three small steel shields bearing the Cannith seal, a heavy mace, a longsword, a rapier with an onyx hilt and gold inlay on the blade, another heavy mace of superior balance, and a pair of sunrods.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads