Eberron: The Plumbers OOC

Olrox17

Hero
Okay, folks. I'm back.

Before we start the adventure, I'd like to know if you guys want to do a Group Patron. You have a natural connection to House Tharask through Liutbrand Torrn, who is a House Agent. You could all be his team. Or you could work for another patron, and his House Agent status could be an additional source of jobs/complications.
I'd be down with that. I also really like Leatherhead's suggestion of working for the Finder's guild, rather than House Tharask proper.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Urk. I like the idea of a Group Patron, but Alara's goals make it a bit hard to picture how to fit her in. Maybe some more specifics? Prior involvement in the War, or a family connection?

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Well, the Finders Guild would be great for most anyone really. It's one step away from working directly for House Tharask, and they employ a lot of independent contractors of every race, including monstrous ones thanks to close political ties with Droaam.

It's basically a normal Adventurers Guild. But it has a monopoly on Dragonshard Prospecting, with it's fingers in bounty hunting, treasure seeking, search and rescue (which they sometimes did as a form of charity of during the war), exploring dangerous parts of the world like Khyber and Xendric, mercenary work, and especially inquisitive work. Which means they have a lot of money to spend on a lot of work that adventurers are primed to do.

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
OK, yes, that seems like it would work. Of course, Alara's real plan is to negotiate a special arrangement that would allow her to negotiate special arrangements with the Aundairan crown that would allow the Etrielle family to form a joint venture with the Finder's Guild to import Dragonshards tariff-free. Or something. The point is that she's got a grand plan to exploit the family's royal connections and name but first she needs to ingratiate herself to the Finder's Guild so she can build some contacts within it. Don't worry, this mad scheme is 100% guaranteed to be irrelevant to the actual game. :)

tglassy

Adventurer
Awesome!

Do you have an updated list of the characters so far? I’m pretty sure I saw a Fighter, Druid, Ranger, wizard, Rogue and Artificer, correct? So we’ve got most archetypes covered. That leaves me open to do what I want.

I’ve had a few thoughts running through my head.

1. An Earth Genasi Druid: I call him a Druid, because that’s the Class he takes, but this is more an attempt to give appropriate powers to the child of an Earth Genie (Dao, I think?) and a mortal. So he’s not a Druid as such. He just has the power to control the element of Earth.

2. A Bard. My first character ever was a Bard and it’s been a while. I’d probably go for a spy/assassin with this one. In fact, just going Rogue Assassin might be better, but I’ll think about that. I know we have a Rogue, so if he’s wanting to go Assassin, I could go Bard and we could play off each other.

3. Necromancer. I’ve been wanting to play a Necromancer for a long, long time. We do have a Wizard, but this would play differently. And you can’t have too many Wizards. I could probably be convinced to play him as a Death Cleric instead, but I really want a Necromancer Wizard. Maybe a multi class?

Tell me your thoughts and I’ll see about rolling.

tglassy

Adventurer
Here’s what I rolled. I’ll be using the Standard Array, thanks.

rollid=235391]Eberron game stat rolls: 4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 3, 4, 4] = 11
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 1, 3, 2] = 10
4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 2, 1, 3] = 6
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 1, 3, 2] = 10
4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 2, 5, 3] = 14
4D6.HIGH(3) = [4, 2, 2, 2] = 8
[/url]

tglassy

Adventurer
I don’t supposed a Changeling Bard would be allowed? Thinking College of Whispers, but I need to look through the collages first. I guess if we’re lvl 1, then it doesn’t matter right now.

He’d be a Bard spy for one of the houses, a little on the darker side. Perhaps found and raised by that house. High Charisma and Dex, one who likes to talk his way through problems, but more than happy to end them with violence.

Remove ads