Eberron - things to watch out for?

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
Henry said:
For another viewpoint on Warforged, I've seen a fully kitted Adamantium Body Warforged Fighter (with a dabbling of rogue and wizard) play in my Eberron game, with no problems. He did serve several handy functions with his immunities (I crafted a few situations where a poison-and suffocation-immune character was handy)...

I'm running the Age of Worms and in it there is a section that is underwater. Guess who got volunteered for underwater exploration? Warforged make great scuba divers... :p

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
Geoff Watson said:
Adamantine Body is great at first level. OK at third level when other fighters have full plate, and mediocre at high levels.

Geoff.

What's better than enchantable Adamantine Full Plate? You can freely enchant it ... so you might lose out on picking up a sweet suit of armor off of Big Bad Baddie, but between Lvls 1 - 10 you can save up all the money you get from your share of the loot and selling off meaningless armor and enchant yourself up nice and pretty. :)

From what I've seen Adamantine Full Plate is still a pipe dream for most heavy fighters at level 8, and available to Dwarven smith-types who make it themselves around lvl9. 16k is a pretty hefty chunk of change for a 3rd level PC.

--fje

Glyfair

Explorer
Turanil said:
Can someone tell which are all the books released for Eberron, with some info about their contents? Thanks.

Not mentioned in other posts:

Dungeon #111 - Stats for Lord of Blades. I haven't directly compared the stats to the 5 Nations books version. I've been told they are different. Even if so, they are very similiar.

Dungeon #113 - Queen with Burning Eyes adventure. I played in this and would rate it as average.

Dungeon #115 - Steel Shadows adventure. I've ran this adventure. It is well above average. It's excellent for giving players the feel of the prejudice that is held against warforged.

Dungeon #117 - Fallen Angel adventure. Read, not played. It looks above average.

Dungeon #122 - Backdrop for the Ring of Storms. Setting information covering the area in the upcoming computer game.

Dungeon #123-125 - Each has one of the adventures that was last years D&D Open. Average & short adventures overall.

Dragon #324 - Living Nightmares by Keith Baker. More quori for your Eberron campaign.

Dragon #329 - Novel Approach: Marked for Death. Has some information on the Eerron novel Marked for Death, including the airship.

Dragon #330 - Shapers of Shadow: Eberron’s Umbragen (one variation of Drow in Eberron). Plus a short story prequel to Marked for Death.

Dragon #332 - Cult of the Dragon Below by Keith Baker.

City of Towers (novel) by Keith Baker - first of a series. The best of them so far.

Marked for Death (novel) - first of a series. I liked it, but there is some debate.

Crimson Talisman (novel) - first of a series. A lot of canonical errors in this one (a half-elf having a dragonmark only available to humans). I haven't read it yet, general opinion isn't very high.

Binding Stone (novel) - first of a series. I'm reading this, it seems ok, but it's not grabbing me. I haven't heard the general opinion on this one yet.

Remove ads