• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Eberron versus Multiverse

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
We really need a manual of the Planes style book.

Keith Baker has said that it's one of the things he'd like to put together at some point after eExploring Eberron
@AzzyThat's why I use a Lyrander hear for an air elemental to supply air & fire elemental for standard airship movement over a world plus an Orien heir to activate teleport circles built into the ship itself for cross sphere transport of the ship with my worldships :D

Edit: Not looking for a lore fight... Those worldships don't invalidate the possibility of spelljammer ships any more than Mindflayer Nautiloid & dreadnoughts do. They just don't come from Arcane or at least not the same public facing wing of it if they do :D

Last edited:

ChaosOS

Legend
Exploring Eberron has a full planes chapter at least, and from what I've heard he wants to keep doing a book a year. It'll be nice getting annual lore drops for the setting after a decade long drought.

generic

On that metempsychosis tweak
Exploring Eberron has a full planes chapter at least, and from what I've heard he wants to keep doing a book a year. It'll be nice getting annual lore drops for the setting after a decade long drought.
It's nice to see a setting creator supporting a setting so long after its prime. I hope a new generation of players is able to enjoy Eberron as much as the last.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
In Eberron, there is a spell called 'Tasha's Uncontrollable Laughter'. Why is that true? Because that spell is in the Player's Handbook and thus any players who run games in Eberron can and possibly will use that spell.

Just because I think everyone should know (because it's really cool):

"Per Gary Gygax: Tasha was a very young girl, a D&D fan who wrote her first letter to me in crayon. She suggested the laughter spell, so her name was used in the version I created based on her suggested details. "

I know it had nothing to with what you were expressing, just using your post to convey some old D&D lore.

Arnwolf666

Adventurer
To be honest. I would like every wizard guild and college to have a different cosmology. At least from their perspective. The dirty secret of planescape is that they aren’t even sure of the extra structure, just that a place exists that a portal or color pool takes them. Just like our own view of the universe there are multiple competing structures for reality.

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
When they first announced Ravnica and Eberron they showed a diagram with the campaign settings sort of a black and white map. Does anyone remember it? Know where can I find it?

their role is also pretty different. Using the names was a mistake because they hae so much conflicting setting specific baggage attached to the names
I don't know, the Big Eberron Tiamat story would probably involve her followers springing her from cosmic prison so she can boss around dragons and try to take over the world. Sounds vaguely familiar......

Evil deity vs. archfiend: 6 of 1, half dozen of the other.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I don't know, the Big Eberron Tiamat story would probably involve her followers springing her from cosmic prison so she can boss around dragons and try to take over the world. Sounds vaguely familiar......

Evil deity vs. archfiend: 6 of 1, half dozen of the other.

Tyranny of Dragons has guidelines for playing I'm Eberron.

Just because I think everyone should know (because it's really cool):

"Per Gary Gygax: Tasha was a very young girl, a D&D fan who wrote her first letter to me in crayon. She suggested the laughter spell, so her name was used in the version I created based on her suggested details. "

I know it had nothing to with what you were expressing, just using your post to convey some old D&D lore.
Isn't Tasha also an alias of Iggwilv or something like that?

Remove ads