D&D 5E EB's Campaign Craziness (One Shot - Interest Check)

tglassy

Adventurer
Cool beans. I do like the idea of having a kid tagging along and trying to figure that out. I'd say the kid is maybe 10 or 11. Old enough to hold a gun, not old enough to be trained to do anything. Not that I'd have her holding a gun, but still.

And before you ask, I have not seen The Dark Tower yet. I have read the books. And I did just watch Logan for the second time.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

industrygothica

Adventurer
I need to add another game like I need another hole in my head, but I just can't resist playing in Ravenloft. While I haven't played it through, I will confess that I own the book and am fairly familiar with it. Hopefully that wouldn't be a disqualifier, but if it is then I understand. Thinking a paladin or cleric, or possibly a celestial warlock from UA.

EarlyBird

Explorer
The game will hopefully start Nov 1, which may be before the book, unless you think they have spoiled enough to start at level 2

you would be #4 industrygothica so we would be ready to start, and could take on one more

tglassy

Adventurer
You wouldn’t have to rebuild him. We’re starting at level 2, and likely won’t get to level 3 before Xanathar’s comes out.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Otaxx

First Post
I need to add another game like I need another hole in my head, but I just can't resist playing in Ravenloft. While I haven't played it through, I will confess that I own the book and am fairly familiar with it. Hopefully that wouldn't be a disqualifier, but if it is then I understand. Thinking a paladin or cleric, or possibly a celestial warlock from UA.

I'm starting as a fighter but I might go paladin or ranger in later levels, after level 3 to be exact, if this helps in your decision making process. I'm not familiar with CoS but I want to either control the battlefield, deal with hordes (I have no clue if there are hordes but I have a feeling), or deal holy damage. But there's a fare chance I'll stay fighter through all of the levels.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
You wouldn’t have to rebuild him. We’re starting at level 2, and likely won’t get to level 3 before Xanathar’s comes out.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

tglassy

Adventurer
EarlyBird's Campaign Craziness (Big Interest Check)

Question. The Gunslinger class we’re using has expertise on one skill. I’m trying to decide which skill to do that with.

He’s going to have Survival, Insight, Perception, Investigation, and Acrobatics. Able to survive in the wilderness and track monsters, Recognize when someone is lying or concealing their true nature, Notice when an enemy is closing in on him, able to investigate well, and can get out of dangerous situations easier. I think that’s a good mix.

It’s wisdom heavy, so his Wis is decent. Thing is, which one to double the proficiency bonus on? You could say Perception is an easy choice, but I’d almost say Survival is almost as close in this situation, as far as hunting monsters is concerned. Probably don’t need Acrobatics or Insight to be doubled, but Investigation could definitely help.

What do y’all think? I’m a little stuck.

hero4hire

Explorer
Question. The Gunslinger class we’re using has expertise on one skill. I’m trying to decide which skill to do that with.

He’s going to have Survival, Insight, Perception, Investigation, and Acrobatics. Able to survive in the wilderness and track monsters, Recognize when someone is lying or concealing their true nature, Notice when an enemy is closing in on him, able to investigate well, and can get out of dangerous situations easier. I think that’s a good mix.

It’s wisdom heavy, so his Wis is decent. Thing is, which one to double the proficiency bonus on? You could say Perception is an easy choice, but I’d almost say Survival is almost as close in this situation, as far as hunting monsters is concerned. Probably don’t need Acrobatics or Insight to be doubled, but Investigation could definitely help.

What do y’all think? I’m a little stuck.

I think I may change up my character. Two guys with the same skills may not be that fun.

Remove ads