D&D 5E EB's Campaign Craziness (One Shot - Interest Check)

tglassy

Adventurer
I thought the same thing. We both have similar character designs. That's not horrible, though.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

tglassy

Adventurer
I went with 2 pistols, because they can only hold 4 bullets each before needing to be reloaded. He can only attack with one at a time, but this way, he can make 8 attacks before needing to reload one of his pistols.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

tglassy

Adventurer
EarlyBird's Campaign Craziness (Big Interest Check)

We could always make our gunslingers partners. I could trade out a couple skills for others, and you could do the same so our skills don’t all match up. I was planning on doing the Gunsmith option, which would let me make modified firearms. I could do that for both of us.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

EarlyBird

Explorer
Question. The Gunslinger class we’re using has expertise on one skill. I’m trying to decide which skill to do that with.

He’s going to have Survival, Insight, Perception, Investigation, and Acrobatics. Able to survive in the wilderness and track monsters, Recognize when someone is lying or concealing their true nature, Notice when an enemy is closing in on him, able to investigate well, and can get out of dangerous situations easier. I think that’s a good mix.

It’s wisdom heavy, so his Wis is decent. Thing is, which one to double the proficiency bonus on? You could say Perception is an easy choice, but I’d almost say Survival is almost as close in this situation, as far as hunting monsters is concerned. Probably don’t need Acrobatics or Insight to be doubled, but Investigation could definitely help.

What do y’all think? I’m a little stuck.

Think I will start an OOC for CoS tomorrow and all the players may start talking about their builds there. I think you should have a good Insight character, a good Investigator, and someone with the Outlander background (to seek out food for the party if needed). Beyond those the rest are really up to how you see your character.

industrygothica

Adventurer
[MENTION=6899077]EarlyBird[/MENTION], what is your opinion on monstrous races from Volo's? Specifically, a full-blooded orc? I have an orc warpriest that I was playing in an OtA game here that died unexpectedly, and I'd love to be able to play him again. He's a devout follower of Gruumsh, and is technically evil aligned on paper, but he's learning the value of working with other people to accomplish a goal, and really leans more toward a neutral alignment. Regardless, as a player, I'd never do anything 'evil' to the party... I just don't believe in that mess. Opinions?

Thanks.

-IG

EarlyBird

Explorer
I haven't had Volo's book long enough to see any of it in action. I have no objections to something that leads to good RP.

Clocking back in in a sec so will have an OOC for the game up tonight and you and your fellow players can discuss if an evil-ish priest is worth the healing he will bring. (But I think he will, lol)

industrygothica

Adventurer
That's cool. Just for kicks I think I'll include his time in OtA as part of his backstory if possible. Maybe the mist carried him out of the underdark and dropped him in Barovia? He's level 4 now, so it'll be interesting to rebuild him at level 2 and include the power reduction in his story.

Remove ads