D&D 5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
20zcwso.jpg

Hommlet/Inn of the Welcome Wench
25 Goodmonth
1:15 PM
Round 0

Emmyr watched the little show and scratched at his beard. He farted.

“‘Scuse me, milady,” he muttered to Lady Rebekah, flushing with embarrassment. Obviously the beans from that fry up they had for breakfast.

[sblock=Emmyr’s Rolls & Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Object Interaction:
Action Surge:
Conditions:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: 10
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 23/23 HD: 2/2d10+3
Second Wind (1/R): 1d10+2 hp
Action Surge (1/R)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
16 sp
10 cp
Blue quartz, 10 gp
Necklace 200 gp (Rana)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Lady Rebekah - half elf bard charlatan noble
Gwylla - half elf wizard
Hexeiros - dragonborn fighter
Rana - feylock
Zanword - human fighter pirate
Aridhe - human moon druid
Templeton - human rogue ratcatcher
[/sblock]

EarlyBird

Explorer
The group watches as the centaurs disappear into the forest heading in a nor-easterly direction. And then suddenly a light appears coming through the trees in the direction of the Deklo Groves center.

12133-fantasy_art-forest-women-alone.jpg

The light emanates from a set of steps made of yellow light that seem to hover in the center of the open area. A portal of white light stands at the top a green circle in its center. Zanword is drawn towards the steps by the familiar sounds, the cry of gulls, waves coming ashore, and the creak of rope and the flap of sails.

He puts one boot on the bottom step and it starts to glow brighter, almost pulsating from within. Another step and both begin to glow and pulsate, making it hard for everyone else to see the half-elf paladin. Zanword sight is only for the green disc, and he can feel the spray of the sea as if he were aboard the deck of The Sea Glimmer. It is a welcome feeling that fills him with hope.

Then a ringing female voice fills the air, "You have done well to preserve the light within Zanword Sealeaf," she says dearly. "Are you ready now to pledge yourself to protecting the world from the darkness that threats it?"

"I am." Zanword speaks quietly.

Above the trees the sky darkens and what look like storm clouds take on the form of a gigantic hand of darkness. The wind howls and the webs about you sway as the clouds start to take form. It looks as if it is coming from the heavens and will grab hold of the world like a child grabbing a ball.

"Will you kindle the light of hope in those filled with despair. Through your actions will you show the world the strength of your light."

"I will."

Zanword takes another step forward and begins to glow with an inner light of his own. The dark hand now fills the sky as it comes closer and closer to the treetops.

"And to be the shield that shelters all the good of this world. Defending it from the wickedness that would consume it. Do you promise to defend the light of this world? "

"I do."

Zanword is now just a dark shape to everyone as he stands before the green disc. The light of the stairs is so bright you have to shelter your eyes, but the young half-elf seems not to notice. The brightness only seems to enhance how black the darkness of the giant hand truly is. The fingers flex eager to finally take hold.

matrix-delusion-blinding-gold-light.jpg

"Then become the LIGHT and never despair. By your deeds make your light shine bright, by your courage keep the LIGHT alive. I name you Rochon o'Coe, Warden of Hope. Now my champion become the LIGHT!"

"I am the LIGHT!"

Zanword lifts his arms to the sky and a beam of light cascades forth to engulf the wrist of the giant black hand. It struggles to free itself balling into a fist and seeming to strain against the manacle of light. Then the yellowish light flares and flashes to a brilliant white. You have to shut your eyes.

When you open them again and clear the spots, the staircase of light and the hand of darkness are both gone. Zanword stands in the middle of the Deklo Grove and amazingly there is not a cobweb to be seen. The ettercap hut is gone and only one small spider (perched on Rana's cane) can be found in the forest.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Above the trees the sky darkens and what look like storm clouds take on the form of a gigantic hand of darkness.
Behind, Zanword could hear the witch cackling. "That's it. That's *it*!" As she looked up at the hand.

===

Afterwards: "Hm." The witch's voice sounded odd in the sudden silence. She raised her brow. "And how did you meet Her exactly?"

hero4hire

Explorer
Templeton, who after finding the Ettercap treasure, had been hiding and peering out of the Hut, suddenly found himself bereft of cover from a flood of blinding light. He stood awkwardly for a moment, blinking the spots from his eyes.
He then mumbled "Bloody show off."
and tossed the helm full of coins towards the middle of the group, saving the broken music box for himself.
"Lets get some wood then eh?"

Sent from my SM-G950U using EN World mobile app

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Zanword comes back, dazed, thoughtful. He walks toward the group, but doesn't really see them until Rana asks the question.

"Ummm, what? I didn't meet her. I mean, I never saw her in person. She is everywhere and nowhere. She is in each of us. Gift of life that keeps giving. This wasn't your lady, Rana. Not some powerful fey that you can reason with or pray or negotiate. This is a Goddess. You can only stand in rapture at her beauty, at her power and her will. Life always finds the way."

He keeps going past the group and sits on a log.
"I need to think. This isn't...this is...I mean...I need to think."

He ignores the group for the moment, deep in thought. Once, he murmurs something and pulls his hands up as if raising something. All around him, spectral vines shoot up and envelop him. He smiles and lets his hands drop, spectral vines disappearing. Young paladin closes his eyes, looking inside and still smiling, the smile like you would see on a smitten boy after his girl gave him a kiss.

In minutes, the smile fades, lines of his face harden and he opens the eyes, their deep blue color sparkling.
"I need to stop that temple cult from forming fully and releasing their demon queen. This, while worthy quest to help the man and his daughter, pales in comparison. We cleared the woods. He can send others to do their jobs. Let them have their lives back.

I urge once more to return to that poor man his wifes necklace. Let him give it to the daughter. We can find more treasure on the way. I will renounce my share of that to the group if that will make it easier for the rest of you."

He gets up, adjusts the shield and looks expectantly at the group.
"Rana, I know you're going. Aridha, I hope you're going. How about the rest of you? Fame, glory and riches await!"

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha, just stands there, eyes wide, trying to keep up. First Rana was telling everyone to hide and then horse-men and now this? Was Zanword even still Zanword anymore? He seemed so different!

With a suspicious expression pinching her face, Aridha approached the erstwhile captain and reached out with a single finger to poke him in the stomach.

"Hmph. Dinna get a full head jes' cause a goddess or somethin' exploded all over yeh," she advises him tartly. "I dinna give two coppers for fame, glory or riches. Stay who yeh ARE and I'll go, sure enough. But if I ken yeh turned tae someone else, then I'll have tae take my leave...and go give this 'goddess' a thumpin' until she sets things right."

Having imposed some semblance of proper order on the bloody chaos that had erupted, Aridha nods. "So where to now? Back tae town, I suppose, tae tell them the good news, but then where?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Aye, it is still I, Captain Blackpearl, scourge of the pirates..." He starts theatrically...and ends with noteably downward turn "...in the middle of the swamp. This wasn't the way I wanted it. But I survived the swamping, pardon the pun, of Sea Glimmer and travelled inland by the divine graces. And I realize now that evil doesn't sleep. On the land, under it or beyond the horizont. It is upon us, mortals, to not give it free reign. So. Proper thumping for the evil anywhere it is found."

Ooc: don't worry, he will return to his normal self after some sleep and rum. Not necessarily in that order :)

Last edited:

River Song

Explorer
Bekah's eyes nearly glazed over when the dear man said, "renounce my share." What a sweet boy, she mused to herself.

"Please, let us not sully noble deeds and ideal with talk of money," she began, her voice strong and sincere. "Of course I am coming to help, it is the duty of the nobility to help in times of crisis and I will not shirk my obligations." [roll0]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Humble," drily commented the witch after Zanword's speech, "and so respectful of others' beliefs." She promptly struck the would-be hero in the shin with the heavy end of her cane.

Remove ads