5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

Shayuri

Villager
It took Aridha a moment to realize what was happening. Templeton probably couldn't see! The snake's sensitivity to the air and the slight scents in it, gave her the edge here...but her venom would be useless against a grave-robber. She had to warn the rogue, and stop the ghoul at the same time.

She slithered to get clear, then burst back into human form. Immediately the room went dark, but she knew where it was.

"Templeton, look out!" Aridha cried in warning, then cast a spell. The moss and lichens growing from the stone writhed and extended outward into threaded tendrils of plant matter...meanwhile vines forced their way from below through cracks in the mortar and stones, reaching up and winding around anything in the area. Including the ghoul.

(Turn back to a human and cast Entangle centered way over behind the ghoul so as not to catch me and Templeton. Dex save DC 13 or be Restrained!)
 

hero4hire

Villager
Ironically at the warning instead of pulling back, Templeton squirmed forward pushing and wiggling through the remnants of the casket in an attempt to help his ally.

OOC: Not sure if this requires rolls or if I have any actions left after.
 
Hexiros taps his foot impatiently, irritated that there is nothing he can do at the moment.

OOC: At least that's the way I'm reading the scene. If I've got it wrong, please advise! :)
 

EarlyBird

Villager
It has been several minutes with no sound coming up through the column, until you hear.... "Templeton! Look out..."

OOC:
DC12
Zanword: Perception 10+3=13
Hexiros: Perception 8+1=9
Emmry: Perception 13+0=13


The vines snap at the wiry muscled creature. "Mine! All mine!" It cries in a loud whisper as it charges forward and a long tongue drips saliva in long gross globs across its chin. It sinks long jagged fangs deep into the druid's shoulder. Templeton has to force his way through the small hole, and using the walls to help pull himself to a standing position. He feels the presences of the druid in front of him, blocking the way.

OOC: Yeah, nothing you can do but get out of the hole this turn. I was looking at your cunning action but don't think you should Dash in the dark, can't Disengage your not in combat, so you could Hide behind the druid.


[sblock=Combat]
Emmyr.... AC:16 HP:30/33, 3/3 HD, aid
Zanword.. AC:17 HP:24/24, 1/3 HD, 10/15 Blessing of Beory
Hexiros.. AC:16 HP:22/28, 3/3 HD
Bekah.... AC:14 HP:16/16, 2/3 HD
Gwylla... AC:15 HP:19/19, 3/3 HD, mage armor, arcane ward 9/9
Ardiha... AC:15 HP:16/25, 1/3 HD, blinded
Templeton AC:14 HP:23/23, 1/3 HD, blinded
Rana..... AC:10 HP:07/07, 3/3 HD

Ghouls: AC: 12
1: 12/12 HP[/sblock]

OOC:
Atk vs Aridha,
[roll0], advan: [roll1]
dmg [roll2]


[sblock=Map]
moathouse_ghouls_rd1.jpg[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

Adventurer
"By Beoris waves and Osprems gown, I knew it! She just had to get into trouble!" Zanword puts his shield his chest and dives into the hole, hands forward and sliding on the shield downward.
"Incoming! Blade first! Clear a way!"

OOC: I'm happy I didn't make him a hulking thing now with 5'8'' and 165 lbs ;)
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Moathouse
26 Goodmonth
3:48 PM
Round 1

“Och! The lass is in trouble!” Emmyr exclaimed as Zanword dove into the hole after Templeton and Aridha. He pulled his twin axes and moved to follow down the hole.

OOC: Not sure. Can the dwarf fit? If not, he’ll move out of the way so others that might fit can go. He won’t plug up the hole.


[sblock=Emmyr’s Rolls & Actions]
Move:
Action: Attack
Bonus Action:
Action Surge:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:
Conditions: Aid (8h; +5 max hp)
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: 10
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 28/28 (30/33) HD: 3/3d10+3
Second Wind (1/R): 1d10+3 hp
Action Surge (1/R)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
11 pp (Emmyr)
35 gp (Emmyr)
6 ep (Emmyr)
163 sp (Emmyr)
81 cp (Emmyr)
Blue quartz, 10 gp (Emmyr)
Music box: 20 gp (100 gp if repaired)(Templeton)
Cracked helm (1 gp scrap)(Templeton?)
Blue spinnel gemstone, 400 gp (Emmyr)
2 citrines, 50 gp each (Emmyr)
Gold chain, 200 gp (Emmyr)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Lady Rebekah - half elf bard charlatan noble
Gwylla - half elf wizard
Hexeiros - dragonborn fighter
Rana - feylock
Zanword - human fighter pirate
Aridhe - human moon druid
Templeton - human rogue ratcatcher
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

Villager
OOC: For this the dwarf shall fit, just snugly. Movement will be down to a crawl for everyone so a couple rounds before you get there.
 

Shayuri

Villager
(OOC - Not sure if I need to save, but since it's a ghoul I'll assume I do)

Con save vs Paralysis: [roll0]

Aridha wasn't sure exactly where the creature was, but she knew how to find out.

With words in Druidic, she invoked a spirit of flame...a bigger cousin of the one she'd used before. This one appeared behind the ghoul, about the size of a halfling and MUCH hotter than the handheld spirit she'd had.

The room erupted into visibility, cast in that stark orange-yellow light.

The druid scooted warily away from the tunnel entrance to let Templeton in, and directed the fire spirit to attack the ghoul!

(Flaming Sphere. Ref save DC 13 or 2d6 fire damage. Can't roll it myself without wasting a post, but please feel free to do so in the post where the ghoul saves. :))
 
Last edited:

EarlyBird

Villager
images (3).jpg

The ball of flame brings light, awareness, but no hope as it shows three more creatures deeper in the crypt.

OOC: Save [roll0], dmg [roll1]
Templeton to finish the round.


[sblock=Updated map]
STILL Round 1

moathouseDungeon_ghouls_1.5.jpg[/sblock]
 

hero4hire

Villager
"Uhhhh...mates! We gots more deaders in 'ere!" Templeton yelled. He made a lunge with his rapier, but unlike the shambling zombies before, this undead quickly dodged the blade. Templeton then hopped back out of range for any riposte.

Ooc: move 5 feet
roll 11 to atk ghoul. MISS
bonus to disengage and move 10 feet back into deadend
 

EarlyBird

Villager
Zanword pushes quickly along, his elven vision shows him what look like two scabby barefoot legs. He hears the guttural growls of a near mindless creature wanting nothing more than to kill and eat. Hexiros is close behind, but Emmyr is falling behind his large dwarven shoulders getting caught up on the sides of the small tunnel every now and again.

As the vines keeping the creatures attention fade away the light stings their eyes and causes them to growl in hatred. The first ghouls then screams out as the flame bites deep into its dry flesh. It flees away from the pain and Aridha almost breathes a sigh of relief. But that changes to a worried gasps as more ghouls advance quickly, giving her only enough time to wedge herself into a niche, to provide some help in her defense.

Templeton isn't surprised when one of the creatures saw him move back and comes around the corner its jaws held open as wide as they can go.


[sblock=Combat]
Emmyr
AC:16 HP:30/33, 3/3 HD, aid, prone
Zanword
AC:17 HP:24/24, 1/3 HD, 10/15 Blessing of Beory, prone
Hexiros
AC:16 HP:22/28, 3/3 HD, prone
Bekah
AC:14 HP:16/16, 2/3 HD
Gwylla
AC:15 HP:19/19, 3/3 HD, mage armor, arcane ward 9/9
Ardiha
AC:15 HP:05/25, 1/3 HD
Templeton
AC:14 HP:23/23, 1/3 HD
Rana
AC:10 HP:07/07, 3/3 HD

Ghouls
AC:12
1: 03/12 HP, disengage
2: 17/17 HP, atk-Templeton [roll0], [roll1]
3: 23/28 HP, atk-Ardiha [roll2], [roll3] - if hit CON save DC 10
4: 26/26 HP, atk-Ardiha [roll4], [roll5] - she has cover from this atk AC:17
#3 - DEX save [roll6], dmg [roll7]
[/sblock]
[sblock=MAP]
moathouseDungeon_ghouls_2.jpg[/sblock]

OOC: So for this round I went ahead and moved Hexiros, Zanword, and Emmyr. Gwylla looks like she has gone. And Rana and Bekah are still waiting to see if they are needed, not wishing to climb into a muddy hole.

Which leaves Templeton and Aridha to finish the round.
 
Last edited:

EarlyBird

Villager
OOC: Crit on Aridha [roll0]


Gwylla moves down the center of the column to the base of the small tunnel, she listens down the hole hearing a lot of grunting and cursing.
 

hero4hire

Villager
Templeton went defensive, attempting to duck and parry the various blows that came at him until help could arrive.

OOC: Dodge Action
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Zanword increases his struggles to get down there fearing for his "...umm...pupil! That's it! Safe word, she is pupil and a friend. Nothing more. Now haul a$$, you sea worm." he thinks as he pushes from the earthen walls.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
Aridha takes to using her shield to keep the creatures at bay (Dodge), while she concentrates on her sphere of fire. It rams one ghoul in the back, but it doesn't seem to care. It and the other ghoul continue to claw at the druid as she waits for help, hoping to drive off these creatures like she did the first. And then suddenly a strike to her temple has her seeing stars before everything fades to black.

Templeton hears Zanword grumbling something as he approaches from the tunnel. He manages to keep the ghoul at bay, with his weapons since he has little room to move. And then the light of the sphere goes out and he is once more in total darkness.

OOC: New round. Zanword can attack with disadvantage (prone) or attack normal woth help from Hexiros since he has a reach weapon. Or both warriors can attack with disadvantage.

Everyone is up.


[sblock=Combat]
Emmyr
AC:16 HP:30/33, 3/3 HD, aid, prone
Zanword
AC:17 HP:24/24, 1/3 HD, 10/15 Blessing of Beory, prone
Hexiros
AC:16 HP:22/28, 3/3 HD, prone
Bekah
AC:14 HP:16/16, 2/3 HD
Gwylla
AC:15 HP:19/19, 3/3 HD, mage armor, arcane ward 9/9
Ardiha
AC:15 HP:00/25, 1/3 HD, death saves 0/3 success, 0/3 failures
Templeton
AC:14 HP:23/23, 1/3 HD, blinded
Rana
AC:10 HP:07/07, 3/3 HD

Ghouls
AC:12
1: 03/12 HP, dash
2: 17/17 HP, atk-Templeton [roll0], disadv [roll1] - if hit CON save DC 10
3: 23/28 HP, atk-Ardiha [roll2], disadv [roll3] - if hit CON save DC 10
4: 20/26 HP, atk-Ardiha [roll4], disadv [roll5] - she has cover from this atk AC:17 - if hit CON save DC 10
[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
moathouseDungeon_ghouls_3.jpg[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top