5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

hero4hire

Villager
OOC:
Why +2 to healing? Bard? If I get +2 i don't need to spend two HD
Emphases are mine.
The Rules said:
A character can spend one or more Hit Dice at the end of a short rest, up to the character’s maximum number of Hit Dice, which is equal to the character’s level. For each Hit Die spent in this way, the player rolls the die and adds the character’s Constitution modifier to it. The character regains hit points equal to the total. The player can decide to spend an additional Hit Die after each roll.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
OOC: Good option, there is also Rana's spider.

Path's the group can take....
1) Go back upstairs and down the secret staircase Templeton found in the bandit lair.
2) Go through the double doors north of the zombie cells.
3) Go down the secret tunnel found in the torture room.

You can also scout any or all of these.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
Secret tunnels usually serve some purpose, either guarding something important or granting access and/or view ports to the rooms bypassing guards. This narrow thing May be of second variety
 

hero4hire

Villager
"I'll go! See wot's lurkin ahead." Templeton then flashed a grimy smell that somehow looked dirtier than the tunnel below and placed a dagger in between his yellowed teeth and jumped down.

Ooc: Using Stealth and Passive persuasion/investigation.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
"Go both. Aridha can go as a snake, weasel or bat - if she can change into something that small?" he looks at the girl questioningly. "And you, Templeton, can be there to find any traps and secret doors she misses. And watch each others backs."
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Moathouse
26 Goodmonth
3:46 PM
Round 0

“Dunna take tae long,” Emmyr told the scouts heading down the small tunnel.

As they explored, Emmyr went to the large double doors north of where the zombies came from. He pressed his ear to the door to listen, making sure nothing was going to be coming through there behind them.

Perception: 1D20 = [7] = 7

[sblock=Emmyr’s Rolls & Actions]
Move:
Action: Attack
Bonus Action:
Action Surge:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:
Conditions: Aid (8h; +5 max hp)
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: 10
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 28/28 (30/33) HD: 3/3d10+3
Second Wind (1/R): 1d10+3 hp
Action Surge (1/R)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
11 pp (Emmyr)
35 gp (Emmyr)
6 ep (Emmyr)
163 sp (Emmyr)
81 cp (Emmyr)
Blue quartz, 10 gp (Emmyr)
Music box: 20 gp (100 gp if repaired)(Templeton)
Cracked helm (1 gp scrap)(Templeton?)
Blue spinnel gemstone, 400 gp (Emmyr)
2 citrines, 50 gp each (Emmyr)
Gold chain, 200 gp (Emmyr)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Lady Rebekah - half elf bard charlatan noble
Gwylla - half elf wizard
Hexeiros - dragonborn fighter
Rana - feylock
Zanword - human fighter pirate
Aridhe - human moon druid
Templeton - human rogue ratcatcher
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

Villager
Templeton climbs down the hollow column, and hen flattens unto his belly to squeeze into the tight tunnel. He knew before he volunteered that he would not be able to see much, but would use his others senses to scout the way.

The ground is dirt, and moist, and by the smell it must be swamp water from above seeping slowly down through the earth. In the complete darkness he uses his hands and the dagger to feel and tap for secret exits. Which he doesn't seem to find, the nature of this tunnel makes him feel like this is some sort of escape tunnel, perhaps dug by former prisoners.

It moves straight and true before ending in a thump of wood blocking the way before him.

OOC: No light source that I am aware of. No one has a hooded lantern or the light cantrip in this group.
 

hero4hire

Villager
Templeton, feeling comfortable in the tightest and slimiest of situations calmly felt around the block to find any sort of mechanism that would move it or allow him to exit the tunnel.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
OOC: Emmyr Stealth rolls 18, 12 = 15 vs Perception [roll0]
Stealth [roll1] vs Emmyr Perception DC7


Emmyr's ear to the door reveals nothing. (And if this were a comic strip there would be a picture of him and something else both putting their ears to the opposite sides of the door and hearing nothing, LOL)
________________________________
Templeton

The rogue feels no latch or hinges. Pressing against the wood it seems to give barely an inch. This is some sort of box or crate or something blocking the exit of the tunnel.
 

hero4hire

Villager
With thoughts of buried treasure dancing in his head; Templeton wiggled and retrieved a small spade from his gear and began to shovel along the edges around the wooden box. He then felt for some sort of place in the box where he could pry it open.
 

Shayuri

Villager
Aridha watches the proceedings for a moment, then hesitantly reaches out into the simmering pool of animal instincts in her guts.

A rat...no, a snake. Not too big. Can we do that?

Something like amusement, something like contempt. Snakes hunt. They kill and eat. Like this.

The young druid contorted and dwindled, becoming a brown-scaled serpent with diamond shaped darker patterns down its back. She reared her head back, tasting the air, feeling the warmth shivering in front of her.

She then slithered in after Templeton. On seeing the obstruction, she nosed around, looking for an opening big enough for a snake to get through.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
As Templeton works he makes a small enough opening for Aridha to slither by him and into a very dark room. The first thing she notices is the floor turning from mud to stone under her belly. And the second is the taste of death on the air, her forked tongue getting a gross taste of it.

The wood is old and rotted, and gives way easily as the rogue pries at it. In the dark he feels a piece of wood give way to a hole the size of his hand. The smell coming from the opening is earthy with an aroma of death. This isn't a treasure chest, its a coffin.

Her vision limited her "snake sense" reveals someone nearby squatting over a wooden box, digging into it greedily. At the noise from Templeton the creature turns quickly and looks right at the snake, its bloodily fangs shown in a gruesome smile.

300px-Crypt_Ghoul.jpeg

OOC: Using some of your pre-rolls.
Templeton
Stealth: 5+5 = 10 (passive perception is 10)
STR: 8+0 = 8 (enough to break through rotten wood)
INIT: 9+3= 12
Aridha
Stealth: 3+3 = 6
INIT: 9+3=12
Ghoul
INIT: [roll0]


[sblock=MAP]
moathouseDungeon_ghouls.jpg[/sblock]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Moathouse
26 Goodmonth
3:47 PM
Round 0

Emmyr returned to the group. “Tha’ other door seems safe enough,” he said. “I didnae ‘ear anyone on th’other side. The ratcatcher might want t’ check it f’r traps when ‘e shimmies out o’ tha’ ‘ole.”

Emmyr watched as Aridhe changed into a snake and slithered down after Templeton. “Nae, tha’ ain’t creep at all…” he muttered into his beard.

[sblock=Emmyr’s Rolls & Actions]
Move:
Action: Attack
Bonus Action:
Action Surge:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:
Conditions: Aid (8h; +5 max hp)
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: 10
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 28/28 (30/33) HD: 3/3d10+3
Second Wind (1/R): 1d10+3 hp
Action Surge (1/R)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
11 pp (Emmyr)
35 gp (Emmyr)
6 ep (Emmyr)
163 sp (Emmyr)
81 cp (Emmyr)
Blue quartz, 10 gp (Emmyr)
Music box: 20 gp (100 gp if repaired)(Templeton)
Cracked helm (1 gp scrap)(Templeton?)
Blue spinnel gemstone, 400 gp (Emmyr)
2 citrines, 50 gp each (Emmyr)
Gold chain, 200 gp (Emmyr)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Lady Rebekah - half elf bard charlatan noble
Gwylla - half elf wizard
Hexeiros - dragonborn fighter
Rana - feylock
Zanword - human fighter pirate
Aridhe - human moon druid
Templeton - human rogue ratcatcher
[/sblock]
 

hero4hire

Villager
Templeton attempted to clear enough of the coffin to be able to scoot through unimpeded.

OOC: Not sure if he is aware of the Ghoul yet.
 

Advertisement

Top