5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

Neurotic

Adventurer
Zanword pushes the sword further forward and attacking the ghoul as he wiggles closer to the tunnel exit.
"Hold on, we're coming! Push the beast away if you can, we cannot pile down otherwise!"

[sblock=Actions]
Move: melee range
Action: Attack vs ghoul; potential disadvantage; damage: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23
1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22
1D6+3 = [3]+3 = 6

Move: try to get through the ghoul into the open space
[/sblock]

[MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION], don't check the attack before deciding if you aid or attack, I intentionally left the text unclear
 
Last edited:

EarlyBird

Villager
"... Push the beast away...!"
In the dark Templeton hears Zanword, and it dawns on him he is trying to come out of the tunnel but he has no room.

OOC: You could shove the ghoul, but I would wait to see if Hexiros [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] wants to give you advantage? Trip it with his polearm? Or he could get in some extra damage. It only has 11 HP left, and doesn't have a zombie's fortitude, thankfully. He could kill it.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
Ghouls_Feeding_Time.jpg

Zanword gets in a slight cut as Templeton fights for his life. But it is the large blade and long pole of Hexiros's weapon that truly does some damage. Passing the blade by Zanword's head and using the paladin's shoulder to brace it, he saws at the foot of the attacking ghouls, hamstringing it as he pulls the blade back.

It howls in pain and hobbles away as best it's ruined foot can take it, giving the tunnelers the room they need.

Aridha lies on top of a casket a ghoul about to use its claws to disembowel here so it can feast on fresh meat and blood. It blocks the way of its cohort who angrily bites deep into the other monsters shoulder. Enraged the first ghoul backhands the second as they fight over who will get to eat the young druid first.

OOC: Still need death save from Aridha for this round.



[sblock=Combat]
Emmyr
AC:16 HP:30/33, 3/3 HD, aid, prone
Zanword
AC:17 HP:24/24, 1/3 HD, 10/15 Blessing of Beory, prone
Hexiros
AC:16 HP:22/28, 3/3 HD, prone
Bekah
AC:14 HP:16/16, 2/3 HD
Gwylla
AC:15 HP:19/19, 3/3 HD, mage armor, arcane ward 9/9
Aridha
AC:15 HP:00/25, 1/3 HD, dying; 0/3 success, 0/3 fails
Templeton
AC:14 HP:23/23, 1/3 HD, blind
Rana
AC:10 HP:07/07, 3/3 HD

Ghouls
AC:12
1: 03/12 HP, hiding
2: 01/17 HP, disengage
3: 28/28 HP, atk-ghoul#4 [roll0], [roll1]
4: 26/26 HP, atk-ghoul#3 [roll2], [roll3]
#4 CON save: [roll4]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
moathouseDungeon_ghouls_4.jpg[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

Adventurer
"You will pay for making me make this trip." Zanword comments as he stretches getting up after the tunnel. Naked blade shines in the dark with greenish gold shine as he advances toward the ghouls. Quickly deciding to remove the most immediate threat to Aridha, he strikes at the ghoul closer to her. Fueled by his fear for her and anger at the undead in general, the blade bites as deep as it could while the anger lashes at the ghoul channeled through divine magic of his patron.

"Return to your graves, foul things! Your hunger serves you not, you will find only final rest here!" he smiles grimly, showing the blade which ichor darkens for a bit before it shines again.
"You will find me a better dance partner than the lass." he mock-bows behind his shield looking for an opportunity if the ghoul bolts.

[sblock=Actions]
Wrathful strike vs Ghoul 3; damage; psychic damage: 1d20+5 = [18]+5 = 23
1d6+3 = [6]+3 = 9
1d6 = [6] = 6
- ghoul needs to make Wis save DC 13 or be frightened of Zanword (makes save each round) - 1 minute, concentration

OA vs Ghoul 3; damage: 1d20+5 = [17]+5 = 22
1d6+3 = [3]+3 = 6

[/sblock]
 

hero4hire

Villager
Templeton fumbles in his pack. Panic subsides a bit as he hears Zanword's boisterous words. "You tells it to em Fancypants! Shows the bugger the wot for eh!"
Finding the items he needed by feel, he quickly strikes flint to steel and the resulting sparks cause the tarry resin of his torch to blaze to life.

Ooc: Use action to light torch
 
Last edited:

EarlyBird

Villager
OOC: Let's see if it saves [roll0] And Hexiros and Emmyr aren't going to have enough movement to get into the fight this round. So do you wish for them to dash-crawl? lol
 

EarlyBird

Villager
Rana looks to Gwylla and Becka, before putting her hands on her hips. "Well something isn't right, let's go save those boys...."


She starts climbing down to where Gwylla is by the tunnel entrance. "...from themselves most likely."

OOC: Will give Gwylla a head start. i.e. half way there since you had an extra turn to move
 

Shayuri

Villager
(Death Save! I think it's just a straight d20 yeah? [roll0] Welp, maybe the die roller has decided I don't post enough to the game, lol...)
 

EarlyBird

Villager
Hexiros pushes his way through Zanword giving him room and protecting him with his shield as the dragonborn gets into position. Emmyr comes crawling out of the hole grumbling at the tightness of the whole thing.

"More! Yes more to eat!" One of the monsters says elated, while the other one cries out at the stinging touch of the paladin's sword. They both try to get to the two warriors but the paladin's shield acts like a wall protecting both the half-elf and the dragonborn from harm.


[sblock=Combat]
Emmyr
AC:16 HP:30/33, 3/3 HD, aid,
Zanword
AC:17 HP:24/24, 1/3 HD, 10/15 Blessing of Beory,
Hexiros
AC:16 HP:22/28, 3/3 HD,
Bekah
AC:14 HP:16/16, 2/3 HD, prone
Gwylla
AC:15 HP:19/19, 3/3 HD, prone, mage armor, arcane ward 9/9
Ardiha
AC:15 HP:00/25, 1/3 HD, dying; 0/3 success, 1/3 fails
Templeton
AC:14 HP:23/23, 1/3 HD
Rana
AC:10 HP:07/07, 3/3 HD, prone

Ghouls
AC:12
1: 03/12 HP, hiding
2: 01/17 HP, hiding
3: 13/28 HP, atk-Zanword [roll0], [roll1], CON save of a hit
4: 26/26 HP, atk-Hexiros [roll2], [roll3], disadvantage
[roll4], [roll5]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
moathouseDungeon_ghouls_5.jpg[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

Adventurer
Zanword covers his movements with the shield as he stretches the hand to touch Aridha. Soft golden-green glow comes from the niche she lies in as her wounds knit closed. He continues protecting Hexiros on his flank, but actually focuses more on Aridha in case ghoul gets funny ideas as she stands up.

[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], 10 HP to Aridha and I'm all out of healing touch.
[MENTION=6899077]EarlyBird[/MENTION], preferably protect Aridha, but if the ghoul#3 attacks Zanword or Hexiros use reaction to protect Hexiros.
 

hero4hire

Villager
Templeton attempts to fling his dagger over his allies' shoulders.

OOC: Man! Not doing well this encounter. NATURAL ONE! Sorry guys.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Moathouse
26 Goodmonth
3:48 PM
Round ?

“Finally!” Emmyr grunted as he wriggled out of the hole and stood. Unable to get up to the creatures, he yanked chucked his two hand axes over Zanward’s shoulders to try and down the ghoul threatening Aridhe. Then he drew one of his swords.

[sblock=Emmyr’s Rolls & Actions]
Move:
Action: Attack Ghoul 3
Handaxe, cover: 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15
1D6+3 = [5]+3 = 8

Bonus Action: Attack Ghoul 3
Handaxe, cover: 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5
1D6+3 = [2]+3 = 5

Action Surge:
Reaction:
Object Interaction: Draw shortsword
Conditions: Aid (8h; +5 max hp)
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: 10
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 28/28 (30/33) HD: 3/3d10+3
Second Wind (1/R): 1d10+3 hp
Action Surge (1/R)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
11 pp (Emmyr)
35 gp (Emmyr)
6 ep (Emmyr)
163 sp (Emmyr)
81 cp (Emmyr)
Blue quartz, 10 gp (Emmyr)
Music box: 20 gp (100 gp if repaired)(Templeton)
Cracked helm (1 gp scrap)(Templeton?)
Blue spinnel gemstone, 400 gp (Emmyr)
2 citrines, 50 gp each (Emmyr)
Gold chain, 200 gp (Emmyr)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Lady Rebekah - half elf bard charlatan noble
Gwylla - half elf wizard
Hexeiros - dragonborn fighter
Rana - feylock
Zanword - human fighter pirate
Aridhe - human moon druid
Templeton - human rogue ratcatcher
[/sblock]
 

Shayuri

Villager
Aridha's eyes open wide, bloodshot and terrified.

No, not terrified. Furious.

There's a blurring, as a veil suddenly dropped over her. A veil made of thick, shaggy fur. And then Emmyr realizes that he's guarding a gigantic beast that's lying there. Something canine; a wolf the size of a full grown horse that snarls and leaps to her feet, and snaps at the nearest ghoul with skull-crushing jaws!

Dire Wolf wildshape as bonus action, then attack!
[roll0] or [roll1] to hit (advantage from Pack Tactics) for [roll2] damage.

(AC is now 14)
 

Advertisement

Top