D&D 5E EB's ToEE and RttToEE Campaign - IC

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Rana reached out and took one of the girl’s hand into her own... “I don’t know about these things, child, these soul-bindings – less than I should,” she ‘pologjzed. Sometimes she felt just the orphan underneath, the old housewife who started discovering her own powers far too late..... “Do you think you could be weakening the cage, each time you pull something through? Widening that hole, until...”

Shayuri

First Post
Aridha shrugs uncomfortably.

"I dinna know. The words are wrong though, yeh ken? It's not a cage, and there's no hole really. I will nae say there's nae risk to it, but...yeh saw what I could do. I know if it wasna bound, it'd turn me intae a monster...but I think I ken change it. The wards are givin' me a chance tae USE it."

After a moment of hesitation she adds, "But...if I stop...I think it'll fight even harder. I feel like if I let it out sometimes, even on a leash, that'll make it happy enough not tae fight. But I dinna think stopping is a good idea."

hero4hire

Explorer
Once the group sorted out the wood, Templeton took out the music box alongside his tools and began to probe the inner workings. He 1st checked to see if the spring was damaged by rewinding the crank. He oiled the cylinder and checked to see if it needed repinning. Finally he took out the comb and found that it had been corroded with rust. He looked at the small metal part with disgust. It would need several hours of precision cleaning before the music box would begin working. Far more work then he was prepared to do right now. He put the box back together and sighed heavily. Promising himself to get back to its repair later.

OOC: Repair music box: 1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9

Finally get to use my Tinker proficiency and I blow it!

Binder Fred

For a while all there was was the creaky sound of the rocking chair – that and breaths of worry...

A shake of the head, as if to dislodge flies (her buzzing remained, barely disturbed). “Maybe we should go back to the swamp. The old fool,” by which she *always* meant the druid, “The old fool made that... not-cage with those friends of his. He can bloody well...“

The girl could almost see the lines of intent starting to shift.

EarlyBird

Explorer
The man who was whittling had put down his block of wood and knife and was examining the pile of wood as it was being offloaded. He exclaims as one of the deep bronze branches catches his eye.

Rik.jpg "They did it! They got to the grove Tarim. Look at this deklo branch here. And there's another." he helps Emmyr remove some of the wood, putting the deklo branches aside.

Tarim.jpg "Captian, company," the woodcutter says solemnly. "This here is Rik Likin the town carpenter. He has been counting the minutes since you left. So I for one am glad you have returned, and are safe of course."

The carpenter shakes every offered hand and thanks each of you over and over for helping to clear the deklo grove. "Well I admit I truly am glad you cleared out the grove so Tarim there can get a tree or two for me to make Hevar's wedding gift. But I too am glad you all came back safe. Thank you again."

Templeton who had took over Rik's spot on the stump finds that one of the tiny gears has lost to many teeth. It will need replaced. A trip to the blacksmith's may be in order to see if a replacement can be made.

OOC: Put that music box there just for the Tinkerer in your character. Something to (excuse the pun) tinker with for a bit.

Shayuri

First Post
"No," says Aridha quickly. "Whatever's happenin' out here is more important. Yer the one who dragged out, on account of yer visions. They didn't jes' stop."

"I ken do this, Rana. I dinna think the old man ken help me now. I remember what he did...I ken do it again, if we find what I need. Fer now though...fer now, I've got this. It's not fighting me anymore."

Binder Fred

Rana was on her feet now, all three of them (and never mind the part about ‘being able to do it again’): “You value yourself too little, child -”

She checked herself.

Started again : “You value yourself too highly, girl. The rest of us – Bekah’s crew, blue scales, even dirt boy -, they can handle this. You’re not even in the prophec-”

Check the necklace,” inserted a rumbly, basso profondo voice coming from a place it had no business at all coming from!

[Sblock]
macro-frog-eyes.jpg
[/sblock]
(Something clicked inside Aridha’s head; memories of that voice, distorted by walls, half-heard in countless midnight snippets since she’d come to live with the witch, muffled by dreams, washed away in the light of the sun. Only they weren’t dreams.)

OOC: EB beat me by hours on the necklace :)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
20zcwso.jpg

Hommlet/Inn of the Welcome Wench
25 Goodmonth
1:22 PM
Round 0

Emmyr brushed off his hands as he finished unloading the wood. “Aye, ‘twas naethin’ but some spiders,” he boasted. Now that he was well away from the ugly, scary things, he was braver. “Squished ‘em guid, we did. They shuildnae bother ye further.”

[sblock=Emmyr’s Rolls & Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Object Interaction:
Action Surge:
Conditions:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: 10
Speed: 25
AC: 16
HP: 23/23 HD: 2/2d10+3
Second Wind (1/R): 1d10+2 hp
Action Surge (1/R)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party Loot]
29 gp
41 sp
10 cp
Blue quartz, 10 gp
Necklace 200 gp (Rana)
Music box: 20 gp (100 gp if repaired)(Templeton)
Cracked helm (1 gp scrap)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Lady Rebekah - half elf bard charlatan noble
Gwylla - half elf wizard
Hexeiros - dragonborn fighter
Rana - feylock
Zanword - human fighter pirate
Aridhe - human moon druid
Templeton - human rogue ratcatcher
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Note to self: next time we have giant bugs and floating disc, throw one onto the other and get it back to town. We could open up a gallery of monsters or have various taverns display them :)

Remove ads