D&D 5E Elfitis-Elves Most Popular Race?

Zardnaar

Legend
Elfitis has been in D&D since 1E with the various Elf subraces.

It seems it's a recurring trend no edition has reigned in with Elf subraces probably outnumbering any other races.

5E has continued this trend. PHB+DMG had 4 subraces.

Since 2E I have just assumed it's because Elves are popular. New players however haven't experienced Elfitis though so it's new to them.

Is it as simple as Elves= pretty humans, Tolkein influence or mechanics aka Elf for every occasion.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Elfitis has been in D&D since 1E with the various Elf subraces.

It seems it's a recurring trend no edition has reigned in with Elf subraces probably outnumbering any other races.

5E has continued this trend. PHB+DMG had 4 subraces.

Since 2E I have just assumed it's because Elves are popular. New players however haven't experienced Elfitis though so it's new to them.

Is it as simple as Elves= pretty humans, Tolkein influence or mechanics aka Elf for every occasion.
Elves are the second most popular Race choice, after Human. Followed by Half-Elf.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
they are utterly mutable and few people have generated anything that can take up the same spot which is not just an elf in different clothes.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Elves are more or less human, only really differing in ways that make them better 1 smarter, prettier, more graceful, more magical, and they don’t grow old. But unlike humans, it’s considered acceptable for every little group of them to be a mechanically unique race.

Zardnaar

Legend
Elves are more or less human, only really differing in ways that make them better 1 smarter, prettier, more graceful, more magical, and they don’t grow old. But unlike humans, it’s considered acceptable for every little group of them to be a mechanically unique race.

And they're good aligned generally often percieved as CG.

Humans tend towards NE I mean N.

Remove ads