• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World Short Story Smackdown - FINAL: Berandor vs Piratecat - The Judgment Is In!

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=Eeralai]Thankyou, thankyou *grins, bows* and I'd just like to say a big, heartfelt thankyou to my thesaurus for helping me through the rough times. Seriously though, I bow in turn to your amazing ability to write a story on the road! The only other person I know who can do that is a journalist. Well, actually he's a cartoonist, but he calls himself a journalist. Funny too that we both called our protagonist a variant on the same name. May the best wordsmith win![/SBLOCK]

Starman

Adventurer
Berandor said:
I've got two ideas. Do I go with the safe one, or the strange one? Hmm... Either way, Starman: It's on!

Well, I'm not sure it really matters because I've got one idea and it's the bestest idea EVAR!!1!

Or not, but it is going to be very interesting, nonetheless.

Berandor

lunatic
Pfft. 2 > 1, always. Have you never been to a Math class? Plus, my idea involves the four pictures in a non-random fashion. A-ha!

Starman

Adventurer
Berandor said:
Pfft. 2 > 1, always. Have you never been to a Math class?

Except that splitting your attention between two ideas is going to weaken each. If we assign a value of 1/3 (giving you the benefit of the doubt) to each of your stories, we end up with a final value of 2*(1/3) = 2/3, definitely less than the 1*1 = 1 final value of my effort.

Berandor said:
Plus, my idea involves the four pictures in a non-random fashion. A-ha!

Heisenberg called. He would like a word with you, something about the uncertain quality of your writing.

Round Two - Match Eleven
Piratecat vs. Ycore Rixle

You have 72 hours from this post to submit your entries. Best of luck from the judges!

Attachments

• R2 - M11 - Image 1.jpg
    R2 - M11 - Image 1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 154
  • R2 - M11 - Image 2.jpg
    R2 - M11 - Image 2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 147
  • R2 - M11 - Image 3.jpg
    R2 - M11 - Image 3.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 159
  • R2 - M11 - Image 4.jpg
    R2 - M11 - Image 4.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 138

Round Two - Match Twelve
Rodrigo Istalindir vs. Mythago

You have 72 hours from this post to submit your entries. Best of luck from the judges!

Attachments

• R2 - M12 - Image 1.jpg
    R2 - M12 - Image 1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 119
  • R2 - M12 - Image 2.jpg
    R2 - M12 - Image 2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 112
  • R2 - M12 - Image 3.jpg
    R2 - M12 - Image 3.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 107
  • R2 - M12 - Image 4.jpg
    R2 - M12 - Image 4.jpg