• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enlarge Spell on a Sorcerer

DracoSuave

First Post
It's a -2 penalty per die rolled. If you roll a 1 on a one-die power, you're dealing (static damage - 1).

What's your other at-will?

Cheers, -- N

I'd suggest Blazing Arc so you can get some fire-damage goodies in there that works with various sorcerer races...

But your mileage may vary.

Turtlejay

First Post
Chaos Bolt is the theoretical. . .But I do like Blazing Arc (are we sure that's what it's called?) for the minion killing and no hit damage potential.

Jay

DracoSuave

First Post
There's Burning Spray (the close burst 3)? Arcing Fire is the single target range 10 one.

Arcing Fire, that's the one I'm thinking of.

But I'd be building this as a Cosmic Sorcerer, just because that extra zone of damage should they leave it means you get a LOT more mileage out of your Enlarge spell

DracoSuave

First Post
Can you share how it's done?

+4 implement, +6 Charisma, +6 Dex or Strength, +2 from class feature is 18.

Weapon Focus brings it to 20.

Hmmm.

Staff of Ruin to 24. Dual Implement to 28.

Two-Weapon Fighting to 29.

That's one way of doing it. I'm sure there's better.

Wow, that was surprisingly easy.

Mengu

First Post
It's certainly doable. You go Dragonborn Cosmic, with 16/14/13/13/12/8 as your array...

You'd even qualify for Destructive Wizardry at 11, giving you +2 damage when you hit more than one creature... making up for the damage loss.

Never tried 8 Con for 5 surges a day, seems scary no? I suppose Durable could cover it up a bit, but you still have to contend with -1 healing surge value and a breath weapon that's not even guaranteed to kill a minion on a hit. 8 Con seems like bad mojo for a dragonborn. Maybe halfling or gnome would be better so you can manage a starting 10 Con, and you can make up the lost strength damage with a goblin totem dagger.

Flipguarder

First Post

+4 implement, +6 Charisma, +6 Dex or Strength, +2 from class feature is 18.

Weapon Focus brings it to 20.

Hmmm.

Staff of Ruin to 24. Dual Implement to 28.

Two-Weapon Fighting to 29.

That's one way of doing it. I'm sure there's better.

Wow, that was surprisingly easy.
Yes it is actually very easy, and exactly what I did. However you missed out on the double bonus points for not guessing that my second implement was a subtle dagger.

Remove ads