• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enterprise 11-26-02

myrdden

First Post
After seeing the previews I was extremely leary about this episode.

But after watching it, it was a refreshing twist on a previously done idea. This was one of the stronger episodes this season IMO.

I like the idea of exploring the beginnings of what will eventually become standard Star Trek technology.

Myrdden

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Enterprise - Vanishing Point
Hoshi is convinced her body's molecules are destabilizing after enduring a traumatic trip through the Enterprise transporter to escape a sudden storm on a primitive planet.

Looks like it might be interesting. Thanks for getting the thread going. I always wondered why you weren't starting them since you're the first EN Boarder who sees a broadcast of the show. :)

myrdden

First Post
Mark said:
I always wondered why you weren't starting them since you're the first EN Boarder who sees a broadcast of the show. :)

My occupation has me travel quite a bit, so I don't always get to see the episode or able to post before others do.

Why can't I just be rich? :(

:)

Myrdden

Crothian

First Post
I like the idea, but TV has really gotten bad about claiming characters of whatever show are going to be in trouble and risk death. However, the character also pulls through somehow.

Show looks good, as I watch it start and finish this. :D

John Crichton

First Post
SPOILERS?

Some might think the ending was a cop-out but I thought it worked here. Hoshi's character is great, the episodes that have focused on her have been very entertaining.

I recall liking the Next Gen episode that obivously inspired this one and I think this one builds on it nicely. The "condolences" scene, the Morse Code scene and all that dematerializing thing we've all seen before but I can honestly say that I didn't see the ending coming. It's wasn't some huge shocker but it worked for me. Really showed how terrified she is of the transporter tech. Nice little insight into her brain and we even got a chance to see more of her insecurities.

Good character ep. :cool:

Chun-tzu

First Post
I'm not sure exactly why, but this episode didn't totally click for me. I saw the ending coming a mile away: the others were acting out-of-character, and the computers ignoring Hoshi made no sense. It seemed like they were beating the same metaphor over and over again: she feels ignored. So we spent most of the hour inside Hoshi's psyche, and didn't learn a whole lot about her. It was an okay episode.

John Crichton

First Post
Crothian said:
I think the ending was better then the one they were building to. It did work, and it workled well.
I'll have to agree there. It would have been way too similar to countless other Trek "the character that is supposed to be dead saves the day" eps.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I've got to side with Chun this week. ?The episode was OK but I wasn't surprised by the ending. I, too, felt they telegraphed it with the excessive amount of "Oh, poor me" Hoshi-izing. somewhere along the way I also realized that she was in every scene. I still enjoyed the way it was constructed, overall.

John Crichton

First Post
There was definately a good deal of foreshadowing about the ending but I kept flashing back to the old transporter accident ep and was probably distracted by that. :)

Remove ads