ENWorld's Guide to Life

Dioltach

Legend
Here's the idea: everyone posts a pearl of wisdom, or more if you feel your WIS merits it. Maybe someone will learn from it, who knows?

So here's mine: in a relationship, making your partner is easy. The trick is to keep your partner happy. (And on a related note: while "happy wife, happy life" is not necessarily true - in my experience, it's more "unhappy wife, unhappy life")

aco175

Legend
Give new members to these boards XP when they post their first post. Not everyone here, but just one person say welcome and have some XP which we don't really have, but give a like.

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
Simple math without calculators for those of us who didnt learn new math...

To figure out 20% of something (usually for tipping purposes) just move the decimal point of the price to the left one digit and double that amount of money.

20% of $17.33
Is 2 X $1.73
Is $3.46

The best time to figure out where the water and gas shut off valves are in your house/apartment is as soon as possible, NOT when you have an emergency. As soon as possible is also the best time to test them to ensure they aren't jammed open.

If you keep a small fire extinguisher for kitchen fires (and good for you!) , do NOT keep it right by/over the stove. In event of a sudden fire the flames may keep you from reaching it.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Read books as your entertainment*. If you like biographies and/or history (including fiction novels set in history), you may accidentally learn some tidbit "how / how not to get a thing done" that is useful later on.

* Get off the Internet ... wait a minute, what am I saying ?!?

Dave Goff

Explorer
It turns out that all those popular kids in high school are just as confused, awkward, and neurotic as you are, believe it or not.

It also turns out that continues to be true throughout life. Remember this in interviews because often the person doing the interview is also pretty nervous, just less so than you are.

When you realize that all of us are still trying to figure ourselves out, it makes it easier to be kind to yourself and them.

Remove ads