ENWorld's Guide to Life

Tyler Do'Urden

Soap Maker
Never push your mother while she's shaving.

Man who walks sideways through airport going to Bangkok.

You can know the difference between an oral and a rectal thermometer by taste, but I'd recommend you choose a different method.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Something I thought was common but apparently isn’t...

If something is irritating your eyes and you don’t have access to running water, try grabbing a handful of ice and using the meltwater to flush your eye. Not only will it help flush your eye, the coldness will help numb your nerve endings.

I've also done this when I successfully cleaned my eye but it’s still irritated, perhaps because the irritant scratched the eye. Typical offenders are things like eyelashes or a bit of sand or wind blown dust.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
One of the best things you can put in your house when building or renovating it is safety rails in the bathrooms. They‘re not pretty, but the older you get, the more often you’ll be happy to have them.

I was in my early 30s when I first needed one. Despite having rubber safety mats in my shower, I nonetheless had my right foot hydroplane out from under me- only the safety bar kept a freak accident from being a fatality.

A few years later, that same bar was invaluable at bath time when I was recovering from ACL/MCL repair surgery.*

* Note: don’t play no-pads tackle football with your bros after age 30. Or maybe ever.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Always keep a dime in your pocket... It's worth more than its monetary value.
It's a decision maker, a screwdriver, a lottery ticket scratcher, a miniature pry bar, a tool to push buttons on things like elevators and soda machines if you don't want to touch them, and you can even use it to score heavy ice on your windshield to make it easier to scrape off...

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Don't be afraid of failure - it's a normal part of learning and growth. If your fear of risk is too high you won't take reasonable chances. Or shoot for the moon.

Remove ads