Epic/Immortal Prestige Classes

Belzamus

First Post
Frankly, the idea of turning my PC into a weapon has been a terrible one since the Sword portfolio.

...don't use it, then?

It isn't terribly inconceivable that someone could potentially like the idea. I personally don't care for it since it doesn't fit any of my immortals, but I don't see the harm in having the option available if someone were inclined to go in such a direction.

Oh, U_K, while we're on the subject of classes, do you have any notes for the revised Rogue, Paladin, and Ranger? I was always interested in seeing those after you put the first three out. Even just some basic ideas for abilities would be cool, I think. :)

Erevanden said:
Upper Krust, any luck finding the notes ?? :angel: (I still have hope :D)

Sort of. I didn't find the full list of Prestige Classes, its still hiding somewhere, but I did find a list of Prestige Classes planned for Grimoire - so basically all the spellcaster types:

Cleric related...

1. Demagogue...believe they are gods.
2. Doomsayer...believe the end is nigh.
3. Godslayer...believe the gods are false.
4. Necrolater...worships dead gods.
5. Awakener...worships sleeping/imprisoned gods.

Wizard related...

6. Cicatrix (yes these notes predate the Epic bestiary)...uses Scar Magic.
7. Rune Keeper...uses Rune Magic.
8. Wyrd...uses ley lines.
9. Flagellant...uses blood magic.
10. Thaumaturgist...uses circle magic.
11. Technomage...marriage of magic and science.

Vague notes that may have been Templates rather than Prestige Classes...

12. Polymath...can learn all classes.
13. Demiurge (again before Ascension)...divine champion
14. False Prophet (Pre-Ascension)...renegade champion

I have a similar amount of Martial based Prestige Classes...somewhere.

Erevanden said:
*fails save against "Upper Krust's Awesome Revelation"*

That is some fantastic stuff Krust...:D

I appreciate the kind words, although I disagree with you, it might have been fantastic if I had finished the darn things, but in their present state they are but vague musings...I did always think the Necrolater idea was decent enough though. ;)

A bit more about the magic types:

Scar magic was about permanent disfigurement/loss for permanent gains.

Blood magic was about temporary loss for temporary gains.

Circle magic was about multiple spellcasters combining their power for greater effect.

Ley lines could be tapped in certain areas (along the ley lines or at nexus point intersections) for boosts.

Rune magic was meant to defeat Anti-magic.

Erevanden

Explorer
Finally found some free time to post this...life is very time consuming :hmm:

When you find a minute or two, would you be so kind to share the ideas, maybe a brief explanation about the abilities of those PrC's : :) (because no matter how much I try, I simply cannot think about any ability related to them)

1. Demagogue...believe they are gods.
2. Doomsayer...believe the end is nigh.
3. Necrolater...worships dead gods.
4. Awakener...worships sleeping/imprisoned gods.

Hmmmmm....

I have a similar amount of Martial based Prestige Classes...somewhere.

As above, more in a spare moment ?? :angel:

Hey Erevanden matey! :)

Erevanden said:
Finally found some free time to post this...life is very time consuming :hmm:

When you find a minute or two, would you be so kind to share the ideas, maybe a brief explanation about the abilities of those PrC's : :) (because no matter how much I try, I simply cannot think about any ability related to them)

Pages where I may have noted past ideas on them could be anywhere...but off the top of my head...

Demagogues would have powers based on their own self-confidence (perhaps the more damage they take the more they doubt their 'divinity'. They would be able to influence the minds of others.

Doomsayers would be agents of fate and I think would be able to bend probability to achieve their ends. The more they bring a pre-ordained destiny into being the more powerful they become.

Necrolaters would be able to deal permanent damage and perhaps have a set of circumstances whereby they couldn't be killed...the more powerful they become the more 'contingencies' against death they have.

Awakeners would be more powerful the closer they come to their masters prison. This might be akin to an extension of the Alienist...?

As above, more in a spare moment ?? :angel:

I honestly don't recall much in the way of details...I am sure I had a barbarian idea that was probably similar to the Blade of Ragnarok idea. In fact I think I may have cannibalized ideas from that for my Revised Barbarian Class (3.5E) on the website, particularly the part about their skin becoming tougher and tougher.

Belzamus

First Post
Got a new one, a master of unarmored swordsmanship, easy for a Swordsage to get in, open to any melee though. The only problem I can see with it is that I can't honestly imagine *not* taking this if I was playing an epic Swordsage.

Blade Mystic

An old warrior living out the remainder of his days in quiet solitude in a seashore-retreat; an ascetic fighter at one with his body and soul, training rigorously in a mountain monastery; a wandering champion whose blade strikes down the wicked, whose sword seems an extension of his iron gaze. The Blade Mystic is all of these and more, an enlightened swordsman who has made his very soul a part of the blade he wields. His art cannot be taught, it must be learned through a lifetime of self-annihilation, of recognizing the philosophical mysteries of swordsmanship and then transcending them. The aspiring Blade Mystic must become a master of the sword, and then forget all that he knows; only then can he come to comprehend the true nature of battle. And with the secrets he discovers, the Blade Mystic is able to deconstruct the essence of battle, to perform feats of prowess that should otherwise be impossible. By killing the doubt within him, the Blade Mystic becomes a warrior-ascendant.

Prerequisites
Alignment: Lawful
Base Attack Bonus: +16
Skills: Martial Lore 21 ranks
Feats: Blade Meditation, Skill Focus (Autohypnosis), Weapon Focus (blade*)

*A “blade” for purposes of the Blade Mystic’s prerequisites and class-abilities is any of the following: Bastard Sword, Falchion, Greatsword, Longsword, Rapier, Shortsword, Scimitar, and Two-Bladed Sword. Others may be added at DM discretion.

Base Attack Bonus: Full
Hit Die: d8
Saves: All Good
Skill Points: 4+Intelligence Modifier
Skills: Autohypnosis (Wis), Balance (Dex), Concentration (Con), Escape Artist (Dex), Jump (Str), Martial Lore (Int), Move Silently (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Tumble (Dex)

1 Fast Movement, Mystic Insight, Sublime Warrior
2 Sword Spirit
3 Martial Study
4 Battle Reverie
5 Martial Stance
6 Martial Study, Sword Soul
7 Ki Flight
8 Echo Slash
9 Martial Study, Spirit Step
10 Martial Stance, Sword Saint

Fast Movement (ex): The Blade Mystic’s base land speed increases by 5 ft. per class level.

Mystic Insight (ex): A Blade Mystic gains a Dodge Bonus to her Armor
Class equal to her class level. She loses this bonus whenever she wears any kind of armor.

Sublime Warrior (ex): A Blade Mystic adds all Blade Mystic levels to her Initiator Level.

Sword Spirit (ex): At 2nd level, the Blade Mystic becomes one with her blade. As a Standard Action, she may make a single melee attack against any target within 30 ft. +5 ft. per Blade Mystic level. This attack is resolved as a Touch Attack. If the Blade Mystic fights with two weapons, she gains an attack with each weapon in this manner.

Martial Study (ex): At levels 3, 6, and 9, the Blade Mystic gains a new martial maneuver as though she had gained the Martial Study feat.

Battle Reverie (ex): At 4th level, the Blade Mystic gains the ability to recall a single expended maneuver as a Swift Action by making an
Autohypnosis check equal to 20+ the maneuver’s level.

Martial Stance (ex): At levels 5 and 10, the Blade Mystic gains a new martial stance as though she had gained the Martial Stance feat.

Sword Soul (ex): At 6th level, the Blade Mystic’s harmony with her weapon increases. She adds her Wisdom Modifier to all Attack and Damage rolls.

Ki Flight (ex): At 7th level, the Blade Mystic becomes able to walk on air so long as she holds a blade in her hand. This ability functions as the Air Walk spell, except it is always active, cannot be dispelled, and functions even in an anti-magic field.

Echo Slash (ex): Those struck by an 8th level Blade Mystic’s Sword Spirit take additional damage in the following round as though they were automatically struck by her Sword Spirit again.

Spirit Step (ex): A 9th level Blade Mystic moves in a blur, seeming to instantaneously close the distance between her and her opponents. She may Move as a Swift Action and takes no Attack of Opportunity for moving through an opponent’s threatened square.

Sword Saint (ex): A 10th level Blade Mystic has achieved a state of martial nirvana. In battle, she is an indescribable artist with her blade. She threatens the area of her Sword Spirit ability and treats all Attacks of Opportunity as Sword Spirit attacks. As a Standard Action, she may make a Sword Spirit attack against every opponent within her enhanced reach.

Erevanden

Explorer
Demagogues would have powers based on their own self-confidence (perhaps the more damage they take the more they doubt their 'divinity'. They would be able to influence the minds of others.

Necrolaters would be able to deal permanent damage and perhaps have a set of circumstances whereby they couldn't be killed...the more powerful they become the more 'contingencies' against death they have.

Both of those are very intriguing concepts ! Did you ever try to create a set of abilities for those classes, any "rough sketches" ?? I am asking about this because I'm going to try making something out of those two and to be honest, I'm at a little loss about the mechanical part here...:-S

Remove ads