Epic M&M: Issue 5 (IC)

Elementor

First Post
"Ok that is SO wrong!!" Vince moves to catch Monica before she hits the ground. "Hold on Kitty cat. We're out of here." Dashing full speed carrying Monica, (without her bursting into flame or making her condition worse or some other stupid GM stunt you might try to pull) Vince bolts back the way they came. As soon as they are away from Ghost a ways, Vince will try to get ahold of Michelle as they continue running. "Michelle!! Get emergency medical services ready for another guest. Monica needs immediate surgery. Ghost stuck what looked like metal batons inside her and turned them solid. I think she is dying!! I am hurrying back with her now.""

If contact cant be made right away, Vince will keep trying the whole way back until he gets through.

Last edited:

Deva

First Post
A little confused and concerned by Dara's thoughts and words, Raisa takes the girl by the arm. "I may have been a little out of it before, but I'm not now. Whatever is going on inside that head of yours, mèl, is trouble. Get a grip before you do something stupid and hurt one of the good guys."

She looks over at Carl. "I may not like Kevin all that much either, but I'm not leaving anyone behind. You don't want to go after him, that's fine. Take Master Wen and get out of here. I'm going."

With her nice little speech over, Raisa will run down the corridor toward the direction of the scream.

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
Brazilia, SAA
SAP Research Facility
October 13, 2120

Vince
Initiatives: Vincent 25 (5HP, 3L, 1S), Loco 24 (2HP, 3L), Monica 20 (4HP, 7L, 2S, disabled, dying, KO), Ghost 18 (3VP)

Vince manages to grab Monica before she hits the ground but realizes immediately that she is in even worse condition than he believed. Her eyes are open, she is barely breathing and with each breath comes a fresh flow of blood from her mouth. It is extremely unlikely that she will survive more than a minute, regardless of whether you move her or not.

Medicine check: 13

With her current injuries, she's on the verge of death, and will die if her major wounds are not immediately stabilized. Basically, if you don't succeed in a medicine check next round (half action for each check, DC15), she's dead.

Vince picks up Monica who is a dead weight in his arms and starts to move off, his speed hampered by her bulk and weight.

OOC: Oh, and bitter much?

Loco sees Vince trying to move away from Ghost and leaps into the air. A rumbling sound comes from the area and the entire roof of the tunnel begins to collapse on Ghost, Loco and the truck! Tons of rock and dirt plow down into the floor, sending out a choking cloud towards Vince, obscuring even his darkvision, like he were in a fog. The rumbling ceases, and Vince can't see Ghost or Loco, though he can hear a faint drill-like sound.

Mai Pei, China
October 25, 2120
Kevin
Mia 28, Kevin 19 (5HP, 4L, disabled, dying)

Mia smiles sweetly at Kevin, stroking his face. "I wouldn't want to lessen our experience together," she whispers to him, driving her dagger into his chest. She reaches down and wrenches the sword to the side, turning it ninety degrees. Blood comes out of Kevin's mouth and he falls to his knees, Mia following him down, staring intently at him.

Attack roll: 27 hits
Damage save (DC22): 4 fails (1L, dying) ... the sword twist was just for effect.
Stabilization check (DC14): 14 (temporarily not dead)

Mai Pei, China
October 25, 2120
Initiatives: Amazon 21 (4HP, 3L, 1S, fatigued), Kajo 19 (3VP, 2L), Dara 18 (5HP, 2S), Jackal 14 (4HP), X12 14 (4HP, 2L), Havok 11 (3VP, 4L, disabled, unconscious), Carl 10 (5HP), The Shadow 9 (3VP, 3L, unconscious), Li 8 (2HP), Xi 7 (2HP)

Dara fumes angrily, making her anger very known to Raisa mentally, though not so much in words. "Fine. You all go save Kevin. Lord knows he deserves saving," she says sarcastically. "But Kajo won't fit, and I'm not leaving him alone here," she adds with an angry pout.

"Kajo like pig-tailed girl," Kajo rumbles, sitting down cross legged on the floor with a loud thump.

"I'll just stay and wake up Wen and make sure she doesn't do anything stupid," Carl says, nodding towards Dara. Dara and Kajo both growl. "Oh, just try it. Either of you," Carl growls back, and Kajo surprisingly backs down. Dara doesn't.

Jackal takes off down the hall at a dead run, just ahead of Raisa. Xi and Li run quickly behind. There is a single large iron door at the end of the hall, some fifty feet away.

Deva

First Post
At the end of the hallway, if Jackal doesn't since he's ahead of her, Raisa will open the door, breaking it down if necessary. She'll also make sure there are no hidden oil filled pits or the like in front of it.

Deva

First Post
Mordane76 said:
"Raisa -- hold up one second and let me take care of your injuries," X12 says as they reach the door.

Raisa shakes her head. "I'm fine. Kevin's going to need you more than me. Save your healing for him." Now she opens the door. (re: previous post)

Calinon

First Post
Mai Pei, China
October 25, 2120
Initiatives: Amazon 21 (4HP, fatigued), Kajo 19 (3VP, 2L), Dara 18 (5HP, 2S), Jackal 14 (4HP), X12 14 (4HP, 4L, 1S), Havok 11 (3VP, 4L, disabled, unconscious), Carl 10 (5HP), The Shadow 9 (3VP, 3L, unconscious), Li 8 (2HP), Xi 7 (2HP)

Jackal reaches the door to find it barred from the inside. He bangs on it in frustration when he finds his strength to open it significantly lacking. X12 heals Raisa as she gets to the door, but can't do anything for her fatigue. No more screams come from beyond the door. Li and Xi catch up finally.

Jackal and Li both listen intently as Raisa gives the door an experimental tug. The door is extremely heavy duty and well secured, but Raisa thinks she should be able to pull it off or bash it down. Jackal's ears twitch, then he and Li both look at each other, speaking at the same time.

"Break down the door! She's going to kill him!" Jackal exclaims.

"Quickly, get in the door!" Li says.

Raisa tries first to pull the door free, but can't, so she resorts to bashing on it. Her blows ring loudly througout the hall as she focusses her attacks.

Door damage save (DC33): 30 (-1 hardness point)

"Move! Now!" Xi says with surprising authority. X12 involuntarily snaps to attention and steps aside before he realizes what he's done. Raisa gives a start at the tone and moves as well. Xi presses both hands to the door, and the surface starts to bubble and steam. The metal stresses and melts, weaking the door significantly.

Disintegration causes the door -16 hardness in one round.

"Now, kick it in!" Xi orders.

Raisa slams a foot into the door and it spins inward and away into a well lit room where...

Kevin
Unfortunately for you, you don't lose consciousness. There is a banging at the door and it rings through the entire room.

"Your friends are here," Mia says softly, turning her dagger in your chest, bringing new waves of pain. She pulls out a wickedly curved dagger from a sheath at her back. "I will always remember you, Kevin," she says, raising her arm and slashing down and across your throat. Oddly, you feel no pain, just a warmth as you feel Mia kiss you a final time. "Goodbye."

Everyone
As Raisa kicks in the door and you rush into the room, you see Mia Toan rising from Kevin's body, blood coating her entire face and front like thick paint. Kevin kneels unmoving with open eyes, a sword through his stomach, a dagger in his chest and blood pooling freely about him.

"You're too late," she says with satisfaction. "Our love is fulfilled. He's mine forever. And you can't have him!" she shrieks suddenly at you, snatching Kevin's sword from the ground beside him.

Brazilia, SAA
October 13, 2120

Vince's communicator crackles with static and interference as he tries to get help while he attempts to stem the flow of blood from Monica with pieces of his own uniform. Her eyes flicker open briefly as Vince works in the cloud of dust still billowing from the collapsed section of the cave.

"Sanjay..." she whispers before falling unconscious once more.

To be continued next issue!

Remove ads