• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Problem : Return to Power

Voidrazor

First Post
Panarchus casts Alter Fortune to force the lucky (?) tomato thrower to reroll. Touch AC is 59 in Gloom form.

"Cowards! Run to your savior then. You are unworthy of my efforts." Panarchus drops his swirling illusion to reveal his Gloom form and turn its Fear Gaze upon the crowd. In the ensuing panic P. darts to the tomato thrower and attempts to grab him.

"I said that I would allow you to go. But I will not suffer insult from mortals." If the guy isn't formidable, Pararchus will rip off his limbs and head, throwing them after the fleeing crowd.

Turning to Salarassa and refreshing his psychedelic illusion, Panarchus comments lightly, "This city is beginning to bore me. Shall we return to the others and plan our next move?

Jemal

Adventurer
Random Street
Panarchus didn't notice who beaned him with the tomato, though he does realize there are about 5 people who aren't running. One is the silenced Priest, who seems pre-occupied with his curse. THe other four are standing in the middle of the crowd as it flees, one has a wide grin and is balancing a dagger by it's point as he weaves through the crowd, but the other three have solem looks etched onto their faces. As the crowd departs, the four step forward. The one with the Greatsword salutes mockingly "Nice ta meet ya, Mr Divine. Can't say's I'm too fond of your actions, though. What say you two fine gents just turn around & leave the city before something bad happens here?".

Back at the Filthy Weasel

"They'll be there allready, I've got to meet them. Allie, what's wrong with..." He stops as the Ghost attempts to take over, mentally fighting it. A moment passes before Miranel finally manages to take hold of him. As she re-orients herself, Allie Screams.

Outside the Dizzy Sheep

Xis casts his spell, sending nearly three dozen tiny invisible eyes scouting. He's sure he'll have a response within moments.

Nephtys

First Post
Jemal said:
Back at the Filthy Weasel

"They'll be there allready, I've got to meet them. Allie, what's wrong with..." He stops as the Ghost attempts to take over, mentally fighting it. A moment passes before Miranel finally manages to take hold of him. As she re-orients herself, Allie Screams.

"They'll be there allready, I've got to meet them. Allie, what's wrong with... you? My dear child, be quiet or I'll snap your pretty little neck." Miranel, still locked in a tight embrace, holds the daughter hard pressing almost painfully against her waist (maintaining grapple, bab 6+str+13). And as for you, you pityful old man, she thinks mockingly at the man whose mind she's raping, tell me everything about your adventuresome little plans and allies or I'll have you do a lot more than simply kill your daughter...

If Allie manages to get away from the grapple, or if she keeps screaming Miranel will cast Feeblemind on her (dc 27)

--

edit:
ooc:
[sblock=Jemal]
"Master and Apprentice travel together across the country of Lyrevan, searching for the great dragon's lair. The Warrior heads to Islo, capital of Lyrevan... The Seeker travels the Great Desert to the south, seeking the Child of the Sun. The Heartborn has gone to the great Barbarian Empire to the north, looking to destroy the Druids council, and the Dragon's Disciple is... Here!" His eyes open wide. "She is here in this city..."

I know ooc that the Good party are in Islo, but I hope you won't consider us heading there to be using ooc knowlege. It is, after all, the only other specific location the Bard gave Ijazim.
If you think that would be problematic for the game there are plenty of other destinations we could head to.

ps. It looks like the Good thread is pretty slow. Does this mean the goodies are fair game? ;)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
"I don't think so, I've dealt with possessing spirits before, I've been hunting your kind for decades. As such, i know EXACTLY What's about to happen." As he speaks, Miranel feels something happening, as a Magic Circle against Evil is suddenly surrounding him and Allie, preventing Miranel from exerting her control. (Contingency)

[sblock=ooc]
Well, do keep in mind that was a while ago IC, so he may not be there anymore.

I'd prefer it if you guys didn't go to Islo, but I won't stop you.
[sblock=Spooon]
the Child of the Sun and the Druid's Council should both be fairly easy to find, too...
[/sblock]
As for the goodguys being slow, I'm not sure what's going on.
[/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
Jemal said:
"I don't think so, I've dealt with possessing spirits before, I've been hunting your kind for decades. As such, i know EXACTLY What's about to happen." As he speaks, Miranel feels something happening, as a Magic Circle against Evil is suddenly surrounding him and Allie, preventing Miranel from exerting her control. (Contingency)

"How convenient, then you will be able to tell me much of use once you've dropped that inconvenient little spell. Really, this is nothing but a brief delay of the inevitable. There's still nothing you can do to stop me from killing your pathetic little hysterica of a daughter. You're just making it worse for you."

She emerges, rises to the ceiling, and blankets the room in a Solid Fog.

"Consider this fair warning."

[sblock=ooc] It is pretty convenient, ;)[/sblock]
Jemal said:
[sblock=ooc]
Well, do keep in mind that was a while ago IC, so he may not be there anymore.

I'd prefer it if you guys didn't go to Islo, but I won't stop you.
[sblock=Spooon]
the Child of the Sun and the Druid's Council should both be fairly easy to find, too...
[/sblock]
As for the goodguys being slow, I'm not sure what's going on.
[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
ooc: It only seemed like a couple of hours at most.
Sadly, Ijazim doesn't posess the skills or memorised spells to find those locations, and time being of the essense he can't really take a rest to memorise a new set of spells for that purpose. It may turn out that Islo is our only real option, but I don't know Xis's spell-list.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
Jemal said:
Random Street
Panarchus didn't notice who beaned him with the tomato, though he does realize there are about 5 people who aren't running. One is the silenced Priest, who seems pre-occupied with his curse. THe other four are standing in the middle of the crowd as it flees, one has a wide grin and is balancing a dagger by it's point as he weaves through the crowd, but the other three have solem looks etched onto their faces. As the crowd departs, the four step forward. The one with the Greatsword salutes mockingly "Nice ta meet ya, Mr Divine. Can't say's I'm too fond of your actions, though. What say you two fine gents just turn around & leave the city before something bad happens here?".
"Interesting, I was about to seek out more ... open minded environs. But now that you ask, no. I have no intention of leaving on your say so."

Panarchus watches the four carefully, not attacking, but ready to strike first if they initiate hostilities.

pallandrome

First Post
Salarassa addresses the pompous newcomers, "Is there any way you guys could can the cliche 'local bully boy' stereotype? Honestly, did we do something to you? Did the demi-deity here kiss your girl while I wasn't looking? Meybe I pinched your purse when I walked into town? Or are you guys just out to pick a fight with every new guy that comes into town? Because seriously, this is getting so obnoxious that even I'M about to start pounding the crap out of you yokels..."

G

Guest 11456

Jool the Drogorn

Avalon® said:
Noticing that they are two members short, Xis'talamarisk informs them of the fact. "Do not worry. I'll find them soon enough." He then casts a maximized greater prying eyes spell to search for their missing comrades.

Jool waits impatiently as the kobold tracks down their missing members. She leans against a nearby table that groans under her immense weight.

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=Xis] After a minute, one of the eyes returns, reporting Panarchus & Salarassa facing off against 4 other individuals, about 6 blocks away.[/sblock]

[sblock=P&Sal]
"Yokel? Why I outta..." MR GreatSword, who'd been speaking steps forward, but the mage-type beside him lays a hand on his shoulder "Careful. We're still short one." Then, to the two of you, he says "We don't want to pick a fight, we want your kind OUT. You do not belong on this plane, and Neither does Galidor. Especially not so many of you all in one place. It could rip a hole in Spacetime and release the Void!" He looks at yyou suspiciously, suddenly, and a ball of golden flame appears in his free hand as his voice darkens "Unless your working for HER." At his words, the others spread out, the Greatsword fighter and Dagger-guy moving to opposite ends of each other, and the fourth staying where she is, watching impassively from within her robe. "No. I feel the taint of the void in this area, but it is not from them, or if it is, they have recently banished it. Divine Panarchus, do you not know what your presence here could cause?"
[/sblock]

[sblock=Neph]
Sorry, I HAD decided he was an Undead hunter beforehand, and the Magic circle made sense for an Undead hunting Fighter-type what with the low will save and the previous dominations. Contingencies don't have to be cast on yourself, remember.
[/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
Jemal said:
[sblock=Neph]
Sorry, I HAD decided he was an Undead hunter beforehand, and the Magic circle made sense for an Undead hunting Fighter-type what with the low will save and the previous dominations. Contingencies don't have to be cast on yourself, remember.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Jem]
SRD 3 said:
Contingency
Evocation
Level: Sor/Wiz 6
Components: V, S, M, F
Casting Time: At least 10 minutes; see text
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: One day/level (D) or until discharged

This contingency spell applies only to the caster himself and only for 1day/level. There may be other contingency spells I don't know about elsewhere, though.
But I guess having Miranel take him over without a fight would have been too easy for the possible reward, it seemed like the Innkeeper had a lot of valuable knowlege and treasures.
Her next action (if he's not surrendering) will be to move into a corner of the room and drop a Fireball (10d6=43hp, DC 26), probably killing Allie.
(I don't think Fireballs can set fire to flammable materials, so the Inn and more importantly Ijazim's Mirror should likely be safe.)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads