• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Problem : Return to Power

Nephtys

First Post
ooc: is it ok if I rp the cohort?

Miranel gasps in pretended horror and hugs the father of her flesh, clutching him hard while trembling, "No, no... I felt something, but I had hoped... Oh, father, do you realise what this means? This is how the world ends. The war of the Powers will come again and this time there will be nobody who can stop them. They will break this world, and the breaking will begin here. We must flee, father." She looks deep into his eyes, pleading with him, then raises her voice so it can be heard by everyone in the room."We must all flee, or the Gods will destroy us all!"
Inwardly she laughs at the father's expression, while at the same time looking critically at the reactions of the crowd. They were all in a state of pure emotion, excitement bordering on panic, and in that state people were easy to manipulate. If Ijazim had tought her one thing it was that those who loved the gods the most were also those who most feared them. The primary characteristic of the gods were not their love for mankind, but their love for their own power and their need to be worshiped. And gods, ruled by power not love, were always a thing to fear. Gallador was a warrior-god, and that kind of god usually arranged its world view in a military hiererchy, demanding obedience and threatening violence.
Perhaps if she found the right strings to pull she could start a panic. Though it would accomplish little in the greater scheme of things at least it could be amusing and allow her to drop her current, increasingly inconvenient, flesh.

ooc:
Bluff (Cha):....................27 (15+12)
Diplomacy: 12
----

Ijazim ponders his options, touching pearl after pearl. It was tempting beginning a war with Gallador and he knew exactly how to strike the first and desicive blows, but his marked allies were unlikely to approve and he needed to regain their cooperation to have a chance at striking against his more immediate foes. The Disciple was dead, though likely already restored for Gallador's service. And that was more of an inconvenience and a threat than it was a victory. The Seven, well Six now he supposed, were weakened no more than Gallador was strengthened and now they were all alerted to his and his associates precense. Though Gallador could attack, and likely kill, him at any time it was not certain that he would. No, Gallador would likely consider the Six a greater threat and as long as Ijazim was focused against them Gallador would likely allow him to live. The Six, on the other hand, were much more likely to drop by for a fight, and if the Disciple was not exceptional for their kind he couldn't possibly defeat them all by himself.
He knew where they were, some of them more specifically than others, but the longer he waited the further they would get and the harder they would be to find. One location seemed particularly promising, but he was not strong enough to go there alone, and though time was precious spells and allies were more so.

Finally having regained most of his spells he casts Discern Location to find Xis, focuses his mirror to that location and steps trough.
If he can't fins Xis he uses the mirror to search for the Dizzy Sheep inn, opening the portal outside and steps trough.

ooc:
Spells regained by Pearls of Power: All spells of 8th level and lower, except for one of the Destructions.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
(No problem, she's your cohort after all)
While Salarassa had pulled Panarchus aside, Xis and Jool had, not noticing, continued on and arrived at the Dizzy Sheep as the whole city seemed to go crazy. There were shouts and murmurs, and they could make out little until one priest managed to get enough attention to direct everyone to head for the temple, to see the reborn Galidor and hear his proclamations.

Miranel manages to get the attention of the bar, as many of them are regulars and know the barkeeps lovely daughter. "You're wrong, Allie, Galidor will protect us! The fact that he has returned first proves his power and devotion!" The man who had shouted this turns to address the now-silent crowd "We must pledge ourselves again to Galidor, in flesh, prove our loyalty, that he may save us from these end days and raise us up with him to paradise when it is done!" With that, the determined man starts out the door, most of the people following him. (Opposed diplomacy check: 19). the innkeep stays there, though, looking at his Daughter "My dear sweet Allie, you are right." he whispers, moving her into a back room "Galidor's appearance is not a good thing, like they believe. He was one of the keys that kept our world safe. You must go, stay with your aunts in the country. I have work to do." With that, the man looks around, making sure the kitchen is empty, and reaches under a counter, pulling out a locked chest that fairly vibrates with magic. Opening it, he dons the leather armour inside, pulls on gloves and boots, and hefts a sword. "It is time I get back to work, It would seem."

Meanwhile, Ijazim appears in front of the Dizzy Sheep as people are streaming away, right beside Xis and Jool.

*OOC: BTW.. WOW, that's alotta pearls, i hadn't noticed before.*

Nephtys

First Post
Miranel looks at the shouting man with a look of despair, "I hope you're right, but I doubt it. The Legends, the Gods, they're all linked, they're all the same. They all seek absolute power and they will all do anything to gain it. We're nothing to them, nothing more than tools to be used and then discarded when broken. But go then, go and find paradise. I'd rather get there later than sooner..." She turns, sadly, and walks alongside her father.
She looks on intrigued by the man's transformation into relevance, showing only appropriate daughterly concern. "I can't leave without you, father. Please come with me, this is not a war for mortal men. Please, or at least tell me where you're going, what you're going to do. Who are you going to fight?" she looks at him, pleading, "This is madness. Come with me. Sell this treasure and we can sail to the other side of the world. I still need you..."

----

Ijazim looks around, casting the crowd a conteptuous glare, "It seems the people of this city are all taking their cues from the name of this Inn. Just as well that we're done here. We should proceed, and I have a few ideas of where we should go if you're still in fighting shape. I've managed to track down five of the Six, but time is essential since they're unlikely to remain where they were for long."

--

ooc: He goes trough six spells a round, so a few refills can come in handy.

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
Jemal said:
A moment after the light fades, the people around start approaching, open mouthed. One of them whispers "the Divine have returned..." and a few start falling to their knees. A moment later, a man in robes.. Obviously a priest of Galidor, moves forward, urging them to their feet. "This man is naught but a mortal, like you or I! If you wish to see true divine power, then come to the temple! The Saint GALIDOR Has RETURNED!" At his shout, there is a vibration in the air, a faint humming, and you can almost hear words in it. Many of the people appear to be doing just that in fact, and begin streaming to the temple, murmuring, as a beacon of light shines down from the heavens onto the temple steps far behind you.
"I'll have no more lies from you groveler. You'll keep your tongue still unless it is respectful" Panarchus casts Greater Bestow Curse, to render the priest mute unless it is to praise Panarchus. He then proclaims in a voice pitched to carry for blocks, "I am the avatar of Divine Panarchus. And if you would rise up to face the coming tribulations, I will show you the Way. But the Way is not for the meek. The priest was not wholly untruthful. You should stand. If you wish to prostrate yourselves and beg for protection, then go to Galidor. I will not stop you; Panarchus desires only the homage of the strong. If you wish to taste the golden fruit for yourself, or if you are bold enough to strive for the might to protect those you love, remain."

G

Guest 11456

Jool the Drogorn

Nephtys said:
Ijazim looks around, casting the crowd a conteptuous glare, "It seems the people of this city are all taking their cues from the name of this Inn. Just as well that we're done here. We should proceed, and I have a few ideas of where we should go if you're still in fighting shape. I've managed to track down five of the Six, but time is essential since they're unlikely to remain where they were for long."

Jool nods at Ijazim's statement. "Then let us make haste and track them down. I long for the battle."

Jemal

Adventurer
As Jool glances around, wanting to be off, she notes that they ARE down two members... Salarassa and Panarchus aren't here.

Meanwhile:

As Panarchus wraps up his speech, he gets beaned in the face by a ripe tomato, and a shout from somewhere in the crowd follows the stunned silence "GALIDOR IS THE ONLY TRUE WAY! PRAISE THE SAINT!" At this, the crowd turns into a mob, shouting and surging towards the temple, sweeping the mute priest up in their wake.

Back at the Filthy Weasel, Miranel/Allie looks at her 'father' who seems.. transformed. As he glances at his daugher, he smiles and speaks, his voice more youthful than a moment ago"MORTAL Men are the only ones who've ever done any good for this world, my dear. You MUST GO now, I am your father, and I'm telling you to get out of here. I know you're strong enough to make it." He looks at his sword "Wrath and I have one more thing to do." and with that, he starts heading out the back door.

Avalon®

First Post
"Let us not do things in haste. Let us first take time to prepare adequately. I suggest a few days of preparing and divining their weaknesses so that we would not be as hard pressed as with the Disciple."

Noticing that they are two members short, Xis'talamarisk informs them of the fact. "Do not worry. I'll find them soon enough." He then casts a maximized greater prying eyes spell to search for their missing comrades.

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc for Avalon]
Just for the record, Xis would get a much better yield out of Empowering it.

1d4+30 X 1.5 is minimum 46 max 51, whereas Maximized you get a flat 34...
[/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
Jemal said:
Back at the Filthy Weasel, Miranel/Allie looks at her 'father' who seems.. transformed. As he glances at his daugher, he smiles and speaks, his voice more youthful than a moment ago"MORTAL Men are the only ones who've ever done any good for this world, my dear. You MUST GO now, I am your father, and I'm telling you to get out of here. I know you're strong enough to make it." He looks at his sword "Wrath and I have one more thing to do." and with that, he starts heading out the back door.

"No, father! Please don't leave me." Tears stream down her face, the sadness and horror of the real Allie shining trough Miranel's posession, harnessed for the ghost's use. Reaching out towards the man she tries to embrace him one last time. She closes the innkeeper in her embrace and whispers in his ear, "I won't leave you.", leaves the body of the daughter and tries to take over the father. (ooc: Malevolence DC 30)

Avalon® said:
"Let us not do things in haste. Let us first take time to prepare adequately. I suggest a few days of preparing and divining their weaknesses so that we would not be as hard pressed as with the Disciple."

"I doubt time is in our favour, no matter how much we prepare. From the moment we killed the Disciple the seventh most likely became aware of our existance. If he has not already alerted the others he will doubtless do so very soon. And once they have had time to prepare there's nothing stopping them from appearing in our midst fully armed for battle at any time and any place.
And, almost as great a threat (and far greater an annoyance), The Disciple, thanks to our good friend and ally Panarchus, now belongs to 'a deity who should not be named because he will then eavesdrop on us'. And if that deity is given the time to prepare he will no doubt bring the Disciple back in his own service, in one form or another. That deity is not our friend, on the contrary he's a likely friend of our marked counterparts, no matter the misapprehensinons of some of us."
Ijazim's voice turns bitter. "You if any should know how valuable the Disciple's head and soul would have been to us. Her loss has cost us much and will continue to cost us even more. If Mr Paradox hadn't been so eager to give head to the big G our position would have been far better."
Avalon® said:
Noticing that they are two members short, Xis'talamarisk informs them of the fact. "Do not worry. I'll find them soon enough." He then casts a maximized greater prying eyes spell to search for their missing comrades.

"Worry? Frankly I'm more worried that you will find them."

Remove ads