• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Problem : Return to Power

G

Guest 11456

Jool the Drogorn

Since the others seem to be engrossed in their own power plays, Jool grabs up her discarded bracers and amulet, and the Disciple's rings placing all within her backpack. Then she grabs the two sword pieces and starts heading out the door after Salarassa.

pallandrome

First Post
"I will have my second in command ask around. I'm sure there is someone in the city of brass that can have it done for you." he remarks to Jool as he exits the temple.

Voidrazor

First Post
Suddenly reverting back into a decrepit old man, Panarchus tosses the head to Galidor. "I'm inclined to take Salarassa's at his word on this. So Galidor, would you be so kind as to give us a few minutes to clear the potential blast radius?"

Panarchus leaves the temple, leaning heavily on his staff.

Nephtys

First Post
Jemal said:
At this, Galidor restores the Anti-Magic field that had filled the entire temple before his release, and the Mirror's portal winks out, as do all of the ongoing effects of the buffed party(though any below 0HP b/c of this are kept from death by Galidor's presence. "ENOUGH! You will NOT Steal the body for your wickedness!"[/color]

"Apparently not." Ijazim casts a venomous glance at Panarchus and walks out of the temple emptyhanded. The Mirror's portal having been cut off, he makes his way towards the inn by foot.

ooc: We got to meet up somewhere to compare notes, but Ijazim must head back to his Mirror asap.

On the way back he regains the following spells using pearls of Power:

9: Disjunction
9: Miracle
8: Maddening Scream
7: Spell Turning
7: Blasphemy
7: Destruction

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Galidor stands in the middle of the temple, holding a decapitated head, wonder in his eyes as his jaw opens and closes, but he can't quite make the words come out, as everyone just.... leaves.

Finally he turns to the only remaining person, Xis. "What in the name of Might is wrong with your.... companions?" Fortunately for the Kobold, in the Saint's amazement at the party's actions, Galidor seems to have forgotten his promise to kill you.

Meanwhile, after leaving the temple the group's magic returns to them, and they all begin heading back to their respective inns.

Ijazim ends up back at the Filthy Weasel Inn. As he comes through the doorway, the bartender approaches him, a somewhat confused look on his face. "A hundred pardons sir, I hadn't seen you leave.. er, You wouldn't happen to have seen me daughter, would you? She's one of the maid's, about 17, cute as a button, Short red hair?" *The woman he describes is obviously the one whom your ghostly companion has taken as her new form* "I thought I saw her go upstairs a few moments ago, but.."

Jool, Salarassa, and Panarchus head back to the Dizzy Sheep, and Salarassa realizes that he's still being followed by the old bard, Paiqe, who is scribbling furiously on parchement as catches up to you. "I must say that whole encounter was simply astonishing! I must continue to document this, I believe you will be one of the defining groups of this millenia!" He smiles widely, looking at you.

Nephtys

First Post
Jemal said:
Ijazim ends up back at the Filthy Weasel Inn. As he comes through the doorway, the bartender approaches him, a somewhat confused look on his face. "A hundred pardons sir, I hadn't seen you leave.. er, You wouldn't happen to have seen me daughter, would you? She's one of the maid's, about 17, cute as a button, Short red hair?" *The woman he describes is obviously the one whom your ghostly companion has taken as her new form* "I thought I saw her go upstairs a few moments ago, but.."

"Oh yes, a lovely specimen." he smiles a bit, not letting his frustration be shown to this nobody, "No, I haven't seen her, I've been out paying a little visit to the temple, but I will let you know if she turns up. Teenage girls need constant supervision, especially the cute ones, else who knows what kind of handsome scoundrel might snatch them up?" He looks at the man with false sincerity, "She'll likely come back, and sooner more likely than later. Don't be too hard on her when she does. We've all been young once."

Avalon®

First Post
"The touch of madness can affect the best of us. And besides, they don't take kindly to having their asses handed to them by an awakened god. So long for now Galidor."

And with that Xis'talamarisk strides out of the temple until he feels his wings fade back into existence. Then he takes off and flies back to the Dizzy Sheep.

pallandrome

First Post
As they approach the Dizzy sheep, Salarassa's pace slows, as he carefully considers his options. He, and those he traveled with, have been subject to some sort of mystic compulsion, one which is vastly more powerful than any he himself might hope to produce, if it could so easily ensnare such a group. Dealing with his compulsion laden companions will be like walking through a minefield. There is every possibility that attempting to remove the compulsion could turn his temporary allies into deadly enemies, if the compulsion itself demands such an act. The gods only know that is what Salarassa would have done. He will need more than a traveling companion in the days to come, he will need an ally. More importantly, he will need to know where the stab in the back will be coming from.

Jool does not concern him. Her goals and nature seems at first blush to be purely martial, which is fine, and even admirable. Salarassa anticipates no troubles there, but is also uncertain of the Half-Dragon's ability to free itself from any mental coercion. Xis is thus far an enigma, and as such no judgements can be made on how to deal with him yet. Ijazim appears to be insane, evil, and unpredictable. Powerful, to be sure, but certainly not to be trusted. Which leaves Panarchus. He has power, and seems sensible. His goals, such as Salarassa has been able to divine them, seem unusual, but it is nothing that opposes Salarassa's own wishes. So it will be Panarchus.

"Panarchus, I want you to do me a favor.", Salarassa whispers at the bare edge of hearing as he stops by an open storefront doorway, "I want you to try as hard as you can to contact your god, and ask him to remove what the woman has done to your mind. Focus on her, and on what she did to you, and fight it."

Voidrazor

First Post
Panarchus raises an eyebrow when Salarassa begins asking for a favor, but both brows slide down in a scowl as the rest comes out. "What do you mean friend? Are you saying that I've been acting as if under compulsion?"

P. will also reset some spells with Pearls on the way back: Miracle, quickened twinned destruction, and Delay Death

pallandrome

First Post
"Actually, I'm being very careful not to say exactly that. Because if such a thing were to be true, saying exactly that might be enough to cause that to affect your actions in a hostile manner. Call me cautious."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads