• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Problem : Return to Power

Voidrazor

First Post
"Out with it. When it came to the trap on the Disciple's body I trusted you, and don't doubt you now. What you are asking now, doesn't sound like a trick. But, I'm going to need to know what you know about this, in its entirety, before I invoke the Divine Will"

pallandrome

First Post
"Fair enough, I forget how important such contact can be for religious types. I met with the Bard, during the battle. He either dispelled a mystical influence from my person, or influinced me to think that he did. I require an unbiased third party with enough power to break free of the potential influince, as well as the willingness to do so, in order to determine if the Bard lied to me, or if the Lady did."

Jemal

Adventurer
*OOC: Sorry for stealing you for a moment, Voidrazor.*

Panarchus scoffs at the very idea.. Why, he's was a God himself.. or would be. He couldn't possibly be influenced by such a thing... But then, as sometimes happens with him, his vision blurs for a moment. He remembers something, but something that hasn't happened to him.. Something a future portion of Panarchus is remembering. He remembers the Lady coming to him, in front of the Obelisk, and he remembers kneeling... (Kneeling? Him? Impossible!) in front of her as she touches the Obelisk, and everything goes black.

Salarassa sees Panarchus's eyes roll back in his head, and the being falls to a knee, mumbling something under his breath (Listen check dc30) "Hail the Lady of the Void" Before passing out. A second later, he is conscious again, looking up at the sun, and notices strangely that a small portion of it seems to be.. missing.

*ooc again: Panarchus isn't FREE, but he does realize something is wrong.*

Jemal

Adventurer
*ooc: Sorry bout the delay. Yes, though you'd have to carefully word it. You can't directly say somethign like "get that witche's hex off me" b/c it's still... Whenever you start thinking directly about it, the more you think on it the more preposterous it seems that you could be under compulsion.. then you remember the vision you just had, and your mind circles again.

Nephtys

First Post
When Ijazim is finished with his conversation with the bartender he'll go upstairs to his mirror and start once again to read the thoughts of those who happen to fall under his sensor, looking for signs that indicate which religion they belong to. His mind seething in a deepening spiral of hatred he begins to plot his revenge.

[sblock=Jemal]ooc: How do deities gain and keep their power in this setting? Does the number of their worshipers have anything to do with their divine rank? (And in that case where are his deitys worshipers?) Can he weaken Gallador by killing off a few million of his followers, and would creating a few million undead strengthen his own goddess?[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=Nephtys]
Such knowledge is only for the Deities to know. None of the current ones would willingly share such secrets with a mortal, even their chosen champion, for fear of reprisal, and that the information may leak. What you describe has been theorized by many, but the only way to be certain would be to become a god yourself, or ask a God who isn't scared of anything, including the other gods. That would be none, btw.

The VAST majority of those in this city are followers of Gallidor, as his IS the 'holy city'. several of those you see are even priests.
Of even more important note is that after a short while, a message seems to go to each worshipper simultaneously. About an hour after you leave the temple, People start streaming towards the temple, and you hear a commotion downstairs.
[/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
[sblock=Jemal]
ooc: Does Ijazim get the feeling that the Goddess would mind if he unleashed an undead-plague on the city, and continent? (Creating and controlling a Wraith or Spectre, farming it in some remote location by feeding it hapless peasants then taking a hundred of them in his portable hole and unleashing them in different locations in the city. Presumably Gallador and his priesthood couldn't possibly kill them all before some of them had managed to spawn so much offspring that the plague would spread far faster than they could possibly keep up with.)
I realise of course that if I do this Gallador will drop everything and scry/teleport/kill my character, but even that would take some time and maybe then it will be too late. Presumably my allies would desert me, "presumably" :lol:, "allies" :heh:, but maybe he would have relative security in the right location...
It's all a bit premature but Ijazim is a madman, so maybe he will decide to give it a try. :)[/sblock]

Ijazim sends his cohort, still in the body of the bartenders daughter, down into the common room to observe the commotion first hand and get a feel of the general mood in the room.

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
Still lying on the ground, Panarchus invokes a Miracle, "Perfected Panarchus, whatever taint or affliction has caused me to collapse, cleanse it from me, so that our will may prevail in perpetuity."

Jemal

Adventurer
Panarchus begins praying, and soon an aura of multicoloured light seems to emanate from him. He feels for a moment complete and whole, knowing everything that is to be known, and feeling the true power that he is meant to wield. At the moment he thinks he is about to ascend, the light stops, as does everything else, and a multitude of voices, each similar to his yet different whispers "It is not yet your time to join us. Complete thy tasks and we will become one. Brother, father, son, we will be whole. For now, your spirit be cleansed, your body be whole."

[sblock=Panarchus]
Fully healed, all spells restored, and you now realize that the lady with whom you spoke was the goddess of the Void, and that your 'other' feels a certain emnity to her. You realize she had used her divine powers to manipulate you, but can do such no longer. You can also feel Galidor's disdain for her, on a divine level.[/sblock]

A moment after the light fades, the people around start approaching, open mouthed. One of them whispers "the Divine have returned..." and a few start falling to their knees. A moment later, a man in robes.. Obviously a priest of Galidor, moves forward, urging them to their feet. "This man is naught but a mortal, like you or I! If you wish to see true divine power, then come to the temple! The Saint GALIDOR Has RETURNED!" At his shout, there is a vibration in the air, a faint humming, and you can almost hear words in it. Many of the people appear to be doing just that in fact, and begin streaming to the temple, murmuring, as a beacon of light shines down from the heavens onto the temple steps far behind you.

[sblock=nephtys]
The Lady likes Undead, and Galidor hates them. I don't think you'd have a problem doing something like that, and the Lady would certain approve, but the Priests have had to deal with undead assaults for centuries, and it wouldn't be quite as hard as you think for them to fight off such an infestation. If you WERE to manage to gather a whole hundred without being detected, though, you may have a chance at starting something.
[/sblock]

Ijazim's ghostly cohort walks down the stairs and gazes into the common room. As she watches the people hollering and shouting, jostling to get to the door, her view is suddenly obstructed by the old innkeep, who moves in front of her, grabbing her by the shoulders. "OH my dear, you're safe! Thank the Saint! Have you heard, the Saint has returned! Galidor is back!"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads