• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[EPIC] Question: Would you kill your DM if...

Dark Eternal

First Post
Question: Would you kill your DM if he introduced a Paragon Tarrasque?

Just a thought. I'd like to try it, just to see the expressions on my player's faces, but I've got many years of life ahead of me yet ( I hope!) and I'm not ready to throw them away just to enjoy that tingley rush of endorphins that comes from unleashing Absolute Evil on your poor, unsuspecting players.

I figure if the consensus here is Dead DM, then I shouldn't try this at home.

:)

Edit: If anyone has actually done this, please tell me the details! And if anyone feels that someone would have to be a totally worthless DM to even consider doing this, please let me know. Those are even more informative votes then the 'Dead DM' ones.

Last edited:

electric-ant

First Post
Does this post have any relation - any connection, whatsoever - to the epic game that you also happen to be starting on the In Character board, of which I coincidentally happen to be a player?

:D

Last edited:

Dark Eternal

First Post
electric-ant said:
Does this post have any relation - any connection, whatsoever - to the epic game that you also happen to be starting on the In Character board, of which I coincidentally happen to be a player?

:D

Don't be silly! Why would I worry about being killed by a bunch of players who are gaming with me over the internet?

*blink. blink.*

Not anymore, it doesn't...

:eek:

-- Sincerely, the really-nice-DM-who-wouldn't-even-dream-of-doing-something-like-that-to-you,-so-please-stop-using-that-Hannibal-Lector-stare-thing,-it's-creeping-me-out. :D

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Only a paragon tarrasque? Don't be silly! It should be a thirty headed, greater pseudonatural half red dragon Chosen of [insert deity here] paragon tarrasque of legend, at least...:D

Demiurge out.

Dark Eternal

First Post
demiurge1138 said:
Only a paragon tarrasque? Don't be silly! It should be a thirty headed, greater pseudonatural half red dragon Chosen of [insert deity here] paragon tarrasque of legend, at least...:D

Demiurge out.

But I thought you could only apply one... template...

GREAT SCOTT! You can apply multiple templates to a creature? And then assign it class levels... ooooooo...

Must... keep... balance........ world... view... shifting...

{Insert the subtle sound of the universe catching on here.}

Last edited:

Witch Doctor

First Post
Haha, just ONE Paragon Tarrasque?!

I once had my PCs go thro a small dungeon where at the end some goblins had combined alchemy and arcane to mass-produce baby paragon Tarrasques from a single mother being.

Of course, some had matured to adulthood by then... :D

Of course, I made them stare at the PCs intelligently from inside their cages...freaked my PCs out, good fun.

Saphryme

First Post
If you want to freak them out then kill them assuming not epic characters. If their epic it is hardly a balance issue so long as you allow your players the freedom you allow your monsters. The you will only freak them out and have a lovely adventure while you laugh maniacly as their epic spell of uber death is bounced off heading back toward them...i should stop now before i have too much fun with where that could go.

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
If you do this, you should allow one of your PCs to be a "normal" Tarrasque, to heighten the sense of fear and loathing these monstrosities should evoke in your players.

Not to mention, having a PC with a +60 ECL just makes me want to giggle.

Remove ads