Epic Terror-The strongest creature in D&D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gromm

First Post
Has anyone seen the Epic Level Playtest document?
While it does look pretty neat, I have to say somethings make me want to cry for my mommy.
Unfortunately its PDF, so you can't really cut and paste, but I'll just say anything that actually says:

Attacks: 100 greatswords +71 melee
Damage: Greatsword 2d6+30

And has Regeneration 40 (Good weapons or weapons tempered in the blood of a diety), FastHealing 50, SR 64, and DR 60/+12 makes me soil myself.

CR?

Gromm

First Post
Ah ha! My inexperience with PDFs is overcome. I give you the worst creature ever....

Edited by moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

kreynolds

First Post
Re: Re: Epic Terror-The strongest creature in D&D

kreynolds said:
No. But you can just go ahead and upload that to my ftp server. ;)

Nevermind. I take that back. I'm looking at it right now. :D

Bastards! They stole my bracers of might! :mad: And I got the price correct and everything!

Hey...that's cool...looks like all the epic level magic items I've been making follow the new rules. Sweet! :D

I don't know that you should be posting that up here though, IYKWIM, AITYD.

Last edited:

Gromm

First Post
I have to say, that while the above creature and some others (like GreatWyrm Force and Prismatic Dragons) are a study in really large numbers, especially hit points and ACs, overall it seems pretty balanced. IF you look at some of the CR21-25 creatures they seem really powerful, but not to the point where I'd say you couldn't ever fight them. Some seem beatable with non-Epic characters (as they should).
Haven't really delved into it fully, but it looks like a book worth picking up just for the fun of looking at things if nothing else.

kreynolds

First Post
Yep. It's pretty damn slick. The new level progression is pretty cool and keeps the power levels balanced. So far, I'm impressed.

Joker

First Post
Gromm said:
Ah ha! My inexperience with PDFs is overcome. I give you the worst creature ever....

Edited by moderator.

Pff, what a wuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads