Erekose's Savage Tide - Act 1: There is No Honour

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Alix]"Well, my dear, I figure that you know your own hidden assets better than I, I who have just glazed the surface in our time together. So I figured that you would have your own ideas on the matter. Plans are made to change...and it is not even necessary to have the power to do something if you can convince your target to fear that you do, yes?" Alix hints.

"There is something else too, but then, let's finish planning with this first. No lady shall complain that Alix Meravanchi lacks a thrilling finish."[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Plucked Parrot]Jerrell takes a large sip of his mug of ale and finish it. "Julian, I've paid the first round, I think you should pay the second. If you can go to the bar and ask the barman, and with that, you could pick a chat with the dwarf who just arrive while you are served." Jerrell then looks at Tereg. "Well, if you need a hand to carry the mugs, I can come with you."[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Alix]"Indeed you've given me much to think perhaps Islaran will yeild more should we offer evidence of wrongdoing done in his name without having to bring it to the attention of the council. But you tease, you have more information?" she says.[/sblock]

[sblock=Plucked Parrot]Tereg finishes his drink as well and lets the others handle the initial meeting with their contact. He surveys the room to see if they have any unintended observers and for now is satisfied that they have remained relatively anonymous.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Alix]"Yes. Yes I do," Alix smiles coyly with a nod, "But it's something with which I wasn't sure if you could help, and I wanted us to finish talking about the first part first--it's a longshot, but I know you have an excellent information network, so, you know? Put your sure bets first and your lucrative longshots last."

"But my dear, it wounds my heart to see a beautiful lady fret so, so I suppose I will reveal the naked truth. Have you ever heard of the great fortune of house Vanderboren hidden away in their family vault?"

(OOC: I probably should have mentioned this before, but Alix is generally using Sense Motive on her the whole time for a general idea of her reactions. However, I will roll separate specific SM checks for things that interest him greatly--her reaction to the Vanderboren vault is one. And lookie here! I got a 23 It will not go higher than that, folks :lol: )[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Alix]"All noble families store their valuables in the vaults below the castle and I'd assume that their Farshore expedition had yielded some return though I've not seen a ship from there in a while, I imagine the Blue Nixie and their other ship that tragically burned to the water were headed there soon. It is after all an investment your family has a lot of stake in as well so I'd hope it is profitable." she replies.

In general she is genuinely intrigued though she is obviously hiding a lot, as Alix probably is too. She is not entirely sure what to make with Alix's last maneouver. She is not surprised by it though.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Alix](OOC: Right, but for the 23 Sense Motive on that last bit, can he tell if, for instance, she is being insincere on the 'tragically burned' part. Alix has his suspicions that she was complicit in the murder--in fact, his going theory is Rowyn + Vanthus == murder. He'll like any hints he can get to the positive)

"Yes. Quite. It was indeed a sad day for all of Sasserine when that freak accident occurred. But of course, it left quite a vacuum in the Vanderboren family. In fact, I was talking to some of the more trusted Vanderboren staff on the matter, and I discovered that there nobody in Sasserine actually has the means to access that treasure. Apparently they saw Vanthus take the ring that is used as the initial key, but the two parents never told their son the password needed later on. It would seem that a partnership with Vanthus on the matter could allow the partners to split the findings, don't you think? The only trouble is that I kept looking for Vanthus to try to make such a deal, and I can't find him anywhere. I figured you might have a contact with more information--if you do and I make a deal, you would get a cut, of course."[/SBLOCK]

Manzanita

First Post
plucked parrot [sblock]Julian nods & rises. "I can get it myself." he tells Jerrell. "Let's just watch for a moment. Julian will try to see who the dwarf talks to or what he does for a couple minutes. If the dwarf remains near the bar & doesn't do anything unusual, he'll get up.

Julian will approach the bar near the dwarf & order another round for the three of them. "Hi." he says to the dwarf with a smile. How are things?"

OOC: Not sure how detailed this should be. Julian is interested if the dwarf has any more news about Vanthus.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Alix](ooc: Ah gotcha, she is not being insincere, but there is something more, a sense perhaps that she knows more about the burning than she is letting on. That a good hint for Alix? hehe)

"By Vanderboren staff I'm assuming you mean Lavinia as I'm certain few would know so much about their vault. Though from what I've heard Vanthus has dissappeared and I was not even sure he was still in Sassarine. Suspicions abound these days, especially around that family."

(ooc: Alix can tell that she is most definitely lying at this point. (rolled an 18 on his sense motive and a 1 on her bluff!) Whether he has the guts to call her on it...[/sblock]

[sblock=Plucked Parrot](ooc: we can make it as detailed as you'd like it to be. I'm hoping to keep you engaged while Alix's conversation takes place and there is certainly information to be gleaned here. But we can cover it with diplomacy rolls)

The dwarf remains near the bar. He gets a mug of ale and pulls up a seat away from the crowd at the other end (who appear to have started betting on something). When Julian approaches with a friendly tone he replies, "Oh oy. You again? Comin round here a passtime of yours now? Dont look quite like ah.. the sort to that does come in here." replies the dwarf seeing Julian though it takes him a moment or two to recognize you.

Jerrell remains behind with Tereg. He spots a ragged jackal-like Sibeccai across the room look up from his conversation with two humans and look directly at Jerrel before looking back down and continuing his conversation.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Plucked Parrot]Jerrell tells to Tereg. "It seems I do not fit that well into the background, there is Sibeccai across the room that have spotted me in that crowd... or maybe they are searching for me, but in that case, I don't know why except if it has something related to thsi matter."[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads