Erekose's Savage Tide - Act 1: There is No Honour

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Alix](ooc: red is perfect, lotus even more so)

The host at the Restless Lion nods and leads you up to the second floor. There are fewer tables up here and there is one situated on the north eastern corner that is a bit more out of the way than most. It has a nice big window that looks out across the market towards the noble's district far across the harbor. A heavy awning provides ample shade from the setting sun that is streaming across the city.

A woman is already seated at the table as if thinking the exact same thing as Alix, or perhaps she has some other reason for being here more than half an hour before their pre-arranged meeting time. Rowyn remains seated though Alix can see that she is wearing a black tunic cut quite low in front and padded with a deep red fabric. Her red gloves are place beside her on the table and she is sporting a necklace with a large emerald in the centre. Her red hair is attactively tied back in a long braid that falls behind the chair she is sitting at. She motions for Alix to join her. [/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Alix](OOC: ? Well, I guess I'll find out)

"Rowyn my dear, my you are early, but then so am I. Dying to see me again, I see," Alix sweeps into his seat.

*Alix is dressed in his current best, which unfortunately is still clearly inferior to what Rowyn is wearing.*

'Emerald...that necklace is probably worth more than my entire current ensemble, but I refuse to take any more handouts from Zebula. When I can afford to dress that well, it will be by my own hand, and not because I'm parasiting off the mother that I'm probably also poisoning...Though actually, I shouldn't judge so quickly. Who knows--maybe she got the necklace through her own initiative. Killing puppies or something would be appropriate.'

"My, but you seem to grow more beautiful with each passing day and especially after such a long time out of my bedazzled eyes, my little crimson lotus," Alix jokes, pulling the flower out and offering it to her--the flower has been picked perfectly from amongst its sisters so that it will complement Rowyn's hair the best.[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Alix]"Haha, always the charmer. Thank you Alixtus, the tales of you around our old school were certainly true." she says, accepting the flower. "I am early, though from your letter I believe it was your desire to see me this evening, no?"[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Rowyn]"And who wouldn't want to see you again, my dear Rowyn? Though I'm sure that a woman as beautiful as you must be used to being asked out on dates by gentlemen callers. I'm glad you accepted my invitation. How have things been going for you lately?"

(OOC: Alix will continue through pleasantries for a while, as decorum demands that he not skip to the matter at hand immediately or else risk looking rude. Based on that chat you sent me, we may not want to skip that first part either if it might be important, but I'm cool skipping if you prefer)[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Alix]"I've been busy, so many people to see, things to do. But then I'm sure you are accustomed to the buzz of the aristocratic life. There are always things on the go. I did indeed accept your invitation, I must admit I was quite curious. It has been some time and it had been quite unexpected."[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Alix]"Well, you know, the tarot reader told me that a great beauty from my past would make my life interesting again and that my lucky colour was red. Clearly, our meeting here today was fated, spelled out in the stars."

"I knew it couldn't have been coincidence, then, when I ran across something that I thought would catch your interest, Rowyn my dear, or should I say 'Harbormistress Kellani'. Hmm, you know, that title matched with your features make quite a sexy pair, don't you think? And truly it cannot be long before that title which you long for and deserve is yours."
[/SBLOCK]

Manzanita

First Post
The plucked Parrot [sblock] Julian takes a deep breath. He has brought his sword, though left his bow behind. "Let's go in. Don't cause any trouble. We'll leave before we fight. If anyone insults you, walk away."

Julian leads the others in, and tries to find a table in a corner or against a wall.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Plucked Parrot]Jerrell nods at Julian. "No problem. Tavern is the place I pass much time when I'm in the city. I am use to it, even if the ones I visit are generally more welcoming than this one." Jerrell follows Julian has he enter the place.[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
[SBLOCK=Alix]"While Harbormistress is an attractive title, I'd be foolish to think Lord Islaran would pass it to me. Even without as suitable heir, Keltar would be foolish to let that title pass from his family. I'd imagine one of his brats, like Portus will be given the title and the responsibility. What happens next is anyone's guess. What interest is it of yours though, that I would wear such a title. Your father has not been particularly interested in harbor matters."[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=Plucked Parrot]The Plucked Parrot is busy already with the drinking starting early and heavy and continuing well into the night (and often into the morning too). Several patrons are standing around the bar ordering drinks while a couple of tables feature dice and card games. There are a mix of different races from dwarfs to gnomes to half orcs certainly many humans. The man you had originally spoken to about Penkus and Vanthus does not appear to be present.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Rowyn]"Ah, but I am not Zebula, and I am not Zebula's man. Surely you can understand the plight of a young noble who seeks to make his own way, to make his own fortune...make his own power."

"Surely, it seems that what you need to find such a title is a bit of political leverage...room to manoeuvre. A scandal for Islaran would be just perfect, don't you think? What if I told you that one of Islaran's men was engaged in a little bit of extortion, smuggling, and theft on the side? Exposing the scandal, manipulating it in just the right way...that could be the perfect prelude to the swelling act of the imperial theme. Doesn't that seem like just the opportunity that could bring two young ambitious nobles together in a blissful concord?"
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads