D&D 5E Escape the Underdark, Fear the Madness, and get Out of the Abyss - IC

EarlyBird

Explorer
The second spider is pushed out over the edge and falls, but it is caught by the thicker webbing below, it will take a few moments (3 rounds) for it to return to the guardroom.

Buppido stops up short and speaks to Finnan "What is this? You can speak straight ot my head? How? Can you read my thoughts? Do you know what I have done?" the questions rattle out over and over as Finnan tries to concentrate.

The two other prisoners head off into the darkness across the long swaying bridge.

OOC:
The second bridge is a little longer (50') and because of this it sways a bit more.
Counts as difficult terrian.

Spider Save

[sblock=Map]
spider sentries_3.jpg[/sblock]

"We're not giving up on Eldath, right? So we may as well run after those morons. As the sooner we get there the less prepared the drow will be when we face them." Thia says as she dashes across the bridge as far as she can.

TallIan

Explorer
Finnan

"No!", says Finnan, paradoxically answering all of Buppido's questions. Out loud he swears, "I guess so, the closer we are behind them the better our chances. I don't know if I trust that drow though." He was angry at his power was so quickly becoming common knowledge and that their quiet escape was so quickly becoming noisy.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 15 (Studded leather (12) + DEX (3)
HP: 16/21 HD: 3/3

Offence:
Eldritch blast: +5 120ft 1d10+3F
Dagger: +5 5 1d4+3P OR +5 20/60 1d4+3P

Spells:
Cantrips: Eldritch Blast (VS), Friends (SM), Light (VM), Mage Hand (VS), Spare the Dying (VS)
2/2 level 2: Dissonant Whispers (V); Arms of Hadar (VS); Crown of Madness (VS); Mirror Image (VS)
[/SBLOCK]

hero4hire

Explorer
Kildrak huffs and makes his way across the swaying bridge. The dwarf's squat but powerful build was not made for feats of balance so his progress was methodical at best.

OOC: Dash 25 feet across bridge

EarlyBird

Explorer
Atallia moves quickly, passing by the wobbly dwarf who is holding onto both sides of the bridge. She soon finds herself outside the dim glow of the guardroom and in complete darkness.

Slowly Kildrak and the others make their way to the monk who can't see ahead. Finnan also start to lose his ability to see.

NPC_Buppido.jpg "There's the drow and svirfneblin ahead." Buppido says halting behind the others. "They are standing next to the bridge leading to the shrine."

NPC_Derendil.jpg "I'll go and tell them to wait for us," Derendil says pushing ahead of the small group.

OOC: Will need a light source to continue to the barracks/kitchen area.
If not you'll need to make Acrobatic checks to keep from falling off the ledge.

Options:
Light cantrip
Lantern in guard room.
Other?

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: That's what I thought too, and now noticed I didn't list it under her abilities.
Just under senses. so she can see. But not the others Buppido has 120' darkvision.

Remove ads