log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E Escape the Underdark, Fear the Madness, and get Out of the Abyss - IC

TallIan

Explorer
Finnan

Finnan steps round the cavern wall until he sees one of the bowgnolls. He seems to just stare at the creature, but it suddenly clutches it's head and yelps.

[SBLOCK=Actions and Rolls]
Move: AS needed to see Gnoll 2
Action: Cast Mind spike Mind spike psychic damage: 3D8 = [7, 7, 5] = 19
Save vs DC 13 for half
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 13 (DEX) or 16 (Mage armour)
HP: 27 HD: 4/4

Offence:
Eldritch blast: +5 120ft 1d10+3F
Dagger: +5 5 1d4+3P OR +5 20/60 1d4+3P

Spells:
Cantrips: frostbite, prestidigitation; light, mage hand, spare the dying; magic stones; Eldritch Blast, Friends
0/1 Level 1: Mage armour
1/2 level 2: dissonant whispers, arms of hadar, phantasmal force, mirror image, mind spike[/SBLOCK]
 

log in or register to remove this ad


Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Atallia catches the arrows and throws it unerringly at one of the Gnolls that shot at her. She strides over the momentum of her movement adding to the cruel sword blow to the heart she delivers to him.

Pivoting after that, she kicks the next gnoll to soften him up.

[sblock=Mini Stats]AC: 15 Init: +3
HP: 27 / 27 Hit Dice: 4/4 1d8+1
Ki: 1 / 4
Passive Perception: 22
Passive Investigation: 19[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

First Post
The group "gangs up" on one of the poor gnolls and it falls to smite, psychic, and short sword. The gnoll pack lord stands and shakes the stars from its vision like a mad dog. It casts about and sees Kildrak close enough to reach and he charges in. He growls at the gnoll fighting Atallia and the thing starts to slobber and drool as it lashes out with a finish snap of its jaws. Watching out for the fangs she catches a spear tip to the thigh. And then the creature bites down hard on her shoulder.

Kildrak relishes the fight against such a foe and blocks one blow with his shield, but the gnoll leader comes in strong and connects with a second swing.

The gnoll fighting Grudach is having nothing to do with the big warrior and falls back once more. Heading for some stairs at the back of the chamber.

[sblock=Combat]
Atallia
AC:15, HP: 19/27, 3/4 Ki, HD 3/4
Finn
AC:16 (mage armor), HP 27/27, Slots 1/2 (2nd lvl), 4/4 HD, COVER
Grudach
AC:16, HP 54/57, Rage 2/3, 4/4 HD, Raging 5/10 rounds
Kildrak
AC: 18, HP 28/36, Spell Slots 2 (1st lvl), LoH 20/20, 4/4 HD
Thia
AC: 16, HP: 19/27, Spell Slots 4/3/0, Inspiration 1/2, 4/4 HD, COVER

Gnolls:
all are AC:15
1: HP: 00/22
2: HP: 00/22
3: HP: 05/22
action: Disengage
4: HP: 16/22
action: atk Atallia hit for 4 dmg

Gnoll Pack Lord:
AC: 15
HP: 29/49 - stands from prone, move to attack Kildrak
[roll0], dmg [roll1]
[roll2], dmg [roll3]
Incite Rampage, #4 atk Atallia [roll4], dmg [roll5][/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
HH_round 7.jpg[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

jmucchiello

Adventurer
[-]Thia focuses inward and casts true strike. She then steps out to get a good shot at the leader.[/-]

OOC: True strike is so f---ng useless. You have to be within 30 feet of the target when you cast it. And then you get advantage once on your next attack assuming it is next round. It should be a bonus action to cast.

So instead, Thia sneaks to M11 and then shoots from stealth with advantage on the gnoll leader.

Thia: stealth roll: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15
Use first one if stealth failed, otherwise best of three for elven accuracy: 1D20+6 = [5]+6 = 11
1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16
1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16

Damage perhaps: 1D8+4 = [7]+4 = 11
 
Last edited:


Grudach 'chased' the gnoll to the stairs. He did not want to follow, but the stair-like rock formation seemed to be a way out, and the gnoll was in his way. He knocked the creatures' defences aside with his short sword and thrust his dagger into its chest. The ghostly energy played about his arm as the gnoll fell backwards down the stairs.

OOC: Dagger:Attack: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [12, 1]+4 = 16
1D4+4 = [2]+4 = 6
Already dead, I believe, so I didn't bother attacking with sword and didn't bother rolling extra d6+2
 


TallIan

Explorer
Finnan

Not wanting any of the gnolls to escape, Finnan closes with the farthest gnoll before blasting it with eldritch energy.

Finnan Attack and damage gnoll 4: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
1D10+3 = [8]+3 = 11


[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 13 (DEX) or 16 (Mage armour)
HP: 27 HD: 4/4

Offence:
Eldritch blast: +5 120ft 1d10+3F
Dagger: +5 5 1d4+3P OR +5 20/60 1d4+3P

Spells:
Cantrips: frostbite, prestidigitation; light, mage hand, spare the dying; magic stones; Eldritch Blast, Friends
0/1 Level 1: Mage armour
1/2 level 2: dissonant whispers, arms of hadar, phantasmal force, mirror image, mind spike[/SBLOCK]
 


EarlyBird

First Post
A satisfy crunch of the gnoll leader's neck echoes quietly off the walls and the adrenaline of the combat slowly dissolves. The group notices an oddity as they look about their surroundings. There is a dim light through the large cavern, but no source that they can discern.

Everyone stays alert as they know the hooked horrors are still somewhere about.

OOC: Yep that will do it, Combat Over.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Thia comes in the cave and retrieves whatever arrows she can as well as taking extra arrows from the gnolls here. "Search them. They may have something useful on them. I'm worried though that there might be more of them around. This doesn't look like a band of gnolls that would trek into the underdark just the 5 of them."
 


hero4hire

First Post
"Do not stray too far from the group!" the dwarf bellowed to the others. "Those Clackers might still be close...and stinking Dark Elves not too far behind."

ooc: Anyone wounded?
 

Grudach let out a long breath with a high-pitched noise and calmed down. He said, "This is a hunting party and there may be a larger party about. We should keep moving."
 


EarlyBird

First Post
While the party searches the gnolls the rest of the former prisoners make their way into the strangely lit cavern. Everyone but Ront is glad to have missed the "excitement". Finding a bit of treasure on the pack lord once regrouped the large party heads out together knowing that in a few hours they will need to start looking for a place to bed down.

OOC: Faster forward to dinner in a cold damp cave.


Finding the time to go over everything they found the group now has a chance to decide who should get/hold onto what.

OOC:
Gnoll Pack Lord
[roll0] GP
2 bloodstones: 50g each
1 brown tourmaline: 100gp
Gnolls:
[roll1] SP
Items:
1 glaive
8 spears
9 longbows
10 quivers w/ 122 arrows total
5lbs dried meat
11 waterskins (of various makes and models)
3 large shoulder bags (just sacks with rope tied to them)
4 belt pouches, made of dried animal skin
6 torches
1 rune covered whetstone
a curved dagger (no sheath) with night blue binding and a small jewel in the pommel (worth 150gp)
 

Grudach gave one of the longbows a pull and said, "These dog-faces pack a pretty heavy pull on their bows. Who here wants one of these? There's a little more than a dozen arrows each. If no one else wants this big polearm, I'll take it. Let me know if you want me to carry stuff that stays belonging to us all."

OOC: We shouldn't forget to arm all the NPCs.
 

TallIan

Explorer
Finnan

Finnan looks over the stuff and claims a water-skin and a belt pouch. He also takes the whetstone and sits down with it, pulling out his beloved tome he begins to examine the runes and compares them to the information in his tome.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 13 (DEX) or 16 (Mage armour)
HP: 27 HD: 4/4

Offence:
Eldritch blast: +5 120ft 1d10+3F
Dagger: +5 5 1d4+3P OR +5 20/60 1d4+3P

Spells:
Cantrips: frostbite, prestidigitation; light, mage hand, spare the dying; magic stones; Eldritch Blast, Friends
0/1 Level 1: Mage armour
1/2 level 2: dissonant whispers, arms of hadar, phantasmal force, mirror image, mind spike
Rituals: Detect Magic, Ceremony[/SBLOCK]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Thia will make sure she has 20-25 arrows, a backup long bow, and a waterskin. "Can anyone detect magic quickly on this stuff?"

OOC: if no one wants the other arrows she will not leave any behind.
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top