D&D 5E Escape the Underdark, Fear the Madness, and get Out of the Abyss - IC

hero4hire

Explorer
Kildrak hustled into the fray as fast as his dwarven legs could carry him. However, he avoided the cliff altogether and took the long way around.

OOC:
Move action to H12
Dash action to I11

Thia take a longbow shot at Gnoll 2 from where she is. She then goes a little ways up the stairs to find out what Finnan is doing. (ends up on P10 or so)

OOC: longbow [roll0]
damage [roll1]

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: See if I can't get this round advanced today. Third tries the charm.

Grudach charges ahead, his desire to rid the cavern of these creatures overwhelming the terror that wells in his chest. As his sword connects with the gnoll, the focus of his fears seems to emulate into the dark energy that stings all about the creature. Not wishing to feel such pain again it backs away from the barbarian grabbing at another arrow as it goes.

The pack lord yells something at the cowardly gnoll and then runs towards the cliff. It clamors up the side quickly using a massive glavie in its hands to help it almost pole vault onto the ledge beside Grudach.

Thia takes her shot, but her concentration is more on what Finn is up to, and the shot goes wide. The halfling collects his light before he comes dashing up to join the group, pocketing a small pouch he found on one of the gnolls as he moves.

Atallia leaps of the 10' cliff face her arms and legs attacking from several directions as she lands. A mighty backfist sends a gnoll reeling into the wall, where it splashes stunned into the pool of water.

In his chain armor Kildrak takes a more prudent route and ends up beside the lithe unarmored warrior, his hammer at the ready.

Seeing the two warriors side by side the remaining gnolls back away and then let their arrows fly. Atallia doesn't miss a step catching the first one between two fingers and then snapping it in half. (Into the Badlands style!) The other... <insert effect here>

[sblock=Combat]
Atallia AC:15, HP: 27/27, 3/4 Ki, HD 4/4
Finn AC:16 (mage armor), HP 27/27, Slots 2/2 (2nd lvl), 4/4 HD, COVER
Grudach AC:16, HP 54/57, Rage 2/3, 4/4 HD, Raging 6/10 rounds
Kildrak AC: 18, HP 36/36, Spell Slots 3 (1st lvl), LoH 20/20, 4/4 HD
Thia AC: 16, HP: 19/27, Spell Slots 4/3/0, Inspiration 1/2, 4/4 HD, COVER

Gnolls:
all are AC:15
1: HP: 08/22 STR check [roll0],
atk: Atallia (bite) [roll1], dmg: [roll2] NOTE: Only if he makes the save
2: HP: 22/22
atk: Atallia (longbow) [roll3], dmg: [roll4]
3: HP: 05/22 - Disengage
4: HP: 22/22
atk: Atallia (longbow) [roll5], dmg: [roll6]
Crit +4
Gnoll Pack Lord:
AC: 15
HP: 49/49 - moves and climbs up cliff[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
HH_round 6.jpg[/sblock]

OOC: Found the mage armor post, right after I though combat was going to be over, but Grudach charged right back in. So have one round where you cast mage armor, then dashed this round to join the group. Hope that is good.

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: So it is the next round. You all may post your actions, but Atallia gets a Deflect arrows roll (1d10+4) DC 7, and can use her reaction to attack a gnoll (#1 is prone) with the arrow if she reduces the damage to zero, before she takes her turn.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Eagre to be free of all conflicts as fast as possible, Grudach kicked at the Pack Lord as it vaulted onto the ledge beside him. He then ran after the other one, and tried to interfere with its ability to fire its bow by whacking at its arrow with his sword.

OOC: Okay, so that's a whatdayacall Bull Rush... athletics check (advantage for raging Attack: 2D20.HIGH(1)+2 = [2, 18]+2 = 20
vs whatever his athletics check will be. If Grudach fails, he'll provoke while running away, otherwise I think he can shove the Pack Lord off the cliff, which I guess ought to do [roll0] falling damage? At any rate that last bit is fluff for giving a range attack disadvantage for being within 5 feet.

Thia creeps from the stairs low along the (north) wall. Staying low she fires at the gnoll leader, striking true. Then moves back to the stairs

OOC: Stealth [roll0]
Attack [roll1] Advantage??? [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
I guess she didn't need advantage. (I guess the stealth wasn't good enough anyway.)
Nat 20 crits. Damage Thia's crit: 1D8 = [3] = 3
14 hp of damage against gnoll leader.

EarlyBird

Explorer
An arrow strikes the shoulder of the pack lord and as the creature grunts in pain, Grudach takes a big boot and kicks him off the cliff. Landing hard the gnoll lord howl's in fury.

OOC: -20hp and he failed his Athletics check.

Atallia, Kildrak, and Finn to finish the PC's turn.

Remove ads