D&D 5E Escape the Underdark, Fear the Madness, and get Out of the Abyss - IC

TallIan

Explorer
The trouble with that wager is that I would wan't you to win, so maybe next time. Finnan says jokingly to JimJar. He turns to Kildrak, "Let's see if some halfling nimbleness can beat a dwarf's strength?" He cups one hand in the other, squeezing to the point of pain, and offers his hand for Kildrak to pull. "I guess not." he says somewhat disappointed. "What do you reckon about that door?" We'd have one shot at it, that would alert the guards for sure, but we'd be in with a chance once it's open."

He turns his attention to Thia, Stool seems to pick up on me communicating like this, I'm going to relay everything I can to you so he has a chance to hear. he then outlines the plan again. Some optimistic part of him hopes the little mushroom can offer something he hadn't thought of, Maybe he can get though the door.

Finnan DEX check to escape the manacles: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [10, 3]+3 = 13

hero4hire

Explorer
Stool reacts curiously to the thought speech of Finnan and Thia, he moves cautiously as if although he heard nothing he felt something when they communicated back and forth in the cell.

JimJar walks up to the small gathering of prisoners and plops down.

View attachment 91551 "I bet they take everyone away but me." He pauses, then adds, "Again."

"It seems I never get chosen to go, and I'm sick of it. And sick of this place. If you all are breaking out I want to come too."
he says with his ever present grin.

Eldeth nods, and winces as the movement causes the pain of the whipping she just received to return.

View attachment 91552 "But which way should we be goin? I not be sure where we are and in which way safety do be. Do anyone here?"

OOC: Group INT checks, except for Kildrak who can make a Survival check being he has deep delver.

"I kin guide us...iffin we git free!" Kildrak offered. "I know how ta harvest sum mushrooms and such as well. But let's not put the cart in fronta da mule and figger howz ta bust out!"

OOC: survival[roll0]

Sent from my SM-G950U using EN World mobile app

Thia turns to Finnan, "have you tried to escape the manacles? With your thin halfling arms you can just slip right out, slip right out. I'm telling you, you can slip right out." She then attempts to slip out of her own manacles.
OOC: Gave inspiration to Finnan. (1d6)
Escape attempt: Dex check: [roll0]
Int check: [roll1]

Damned large musician's hands.

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
OOC:
With your thin halfling arms you can just slip right out, slip right out. I'm telling you, you can slip right out." She then attempts to slip out of her own manacles.
Unfortunately I've had my go for today. Finnan will have to find a weapon to hack is apart.

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Kildrak knows that once they all get into the Underdark he will have to find some Pathway Root (made up DM fungus lol). A fungus that grows on cavern walls and always grows wider at one end so it looks like it is pointing. Pathway Root always points east, so once you find some you can get your bearings. Water and food may be difficult (not impossible, deepens on party size), so maybe sneaking some away from the drow as backup may be a good ideal.

Stool hurries towards the halfling as he speaks telepathically once more. His tiny legs moving quickly he stops about ten feet from Finnan and then releases a cloud of dark grey spores, that encompass everyone, then hurries away once more.

Once everyone in the cloud (everyone in the cell) stops coughing and gagging they all hear a timid voice sounding in their mind.

Stool.jpg "We sooo's sorryies. We no want to hurt anyone. We feel your thought speech and we think you like us. You help us?" Stool asks his voice like that of a small scared child. "We want to go home."

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Shuushar.jpg "*Globlub?* How is this possible?" the kuo-toa thinks and everyone hears and understands. "*Glip,* I hear the plant boy in my head *blop*, and understand him as well? Odd this is, odd."

Everyone hears the fish-man speaking in their head and can understand him, though you all know he doesn't speak common normally, not that anyone has heard before.

"They must be telepathic." Thia guesses. "It is nice to finally talk to you both."

"We have three rather interesting problems. Each one immediately after the other. One, getting out of this cell. Two, getting past the guard and away from this place. Three, Food and water. Does anyone have a plan for any of these steps? Especially the first one."

TallIan

Explorer
So do we stool. Finnan says mentally. At least I won't have to let anyone else know, just yet about my ability. Finnan thinks to himself, Though stool had kind of given the game away.

So far the best option I can think of is to smash it open and rush the guards. Surprise should allow us to get past the first two and give us some time to get these manacles off before more arrive.

EarlyBird

Explorer
JimJar's grin hardly moves as he coughs and tries to bet he'll stop before Atallia does, ( @Charwoman Gene ) although he can't stop coughing long enough to try and place that bet.

He looks to Thia and then rubs his hands together, JimJar.jpg "First we need a map." He thinks, then knells down and starts drawing in the dirt of the floor.

"There," he says standing satisfied.

Remove ads