D&D 5E Escape the Underdark, Fear the Madness, and get Out of the Abyss - IC

"So this lift would take us deeper into the underdark? Is there no path to upper world?" Thia asked expecting a negative response.

"Perhaps we head for the kitchens first. We should be able to find temporary weapons there."

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"First priority would be some type of weapons for the rest of you, kitchen is a good idea. I tried to slip out of these manacles, but it's no use. If only I had some tools, I'd be out in no time."

OOC: Is there a door to the pen? Is it locked?

Thia turns to JimJar, "Is there any value in looking at the Quaggoth's lair? I doubt it, of course. But we should exhaust every possibility before we commit to attacking the guards."

EarlyBird

Explorer
JimJar.jpg JimJar thinks a moment and then shakes his head. "Nothing in the lair except bones and refuse," he says telepathically and then shudders physically. "Although near the end of the cliff in front of the lair, is where they have us dump the chamber pots. There are no webs all the way down to the pool. I bet we could jump off the cliff there into the water below."

He turns to Shuushar and thinks, "Bet you a gold you don't survive the fall." The kuo-toa just grunts ignoring the deep gnome's attempt at mirth.

Eldeth.jpg Eldeth grimaces a she tries to sit up. "I can no go that way. I am no leaving without me great-father's hammer. I will nay be leaving it to these creatures." She looks to Kildrak and says aloud in dwarven "If I fall in this black pit, please see to it my family's heirloom is returned to them."

OOC: The slave pen is closed by a locked iron gate, so the guards on the far bridge can watch the prisoners. During meal time everyone gets one bowl of mushroom broth handed through the locked gate. It is only opened when it is time to work or return after working. Then there are two guards on the far bridge, and three at the gate herding everyone.

The lift brings people and supplies up from the cavern floor 100' below. Most of the prisoners who have been here a while know how to operate it as that is sometimes a task given them. There is no way to the surface from your current area, and there are three tunnels leading out of this cavern. Each tunnel is accessible from the cavern floor.

Thia hears the earnest request made by Eldeth. She doesn't understand it. But she does understand. After Kildrak replies, she pauses before returning to an escape plan.

"So first problem, as I said, is that gate lock there. I recall seeing one of the guards during meal time has a key on him. Anyone think they could relieve him of that key without anyone noticing? Perhaps with a simple distraction?"

"If not, we would either have to pick the lock. Or muscle the gate open." Thia continues, "The guards on the bridge probably wouldn't notice us picking the lock. But the sound of the gate breaking would raise an alarm. And we do not want to face all of the guards at once."

"Anyone know how many drow are stationed in the four barracks rooms beyond the falls?"

hero4hire

Explorer
View attachment 91752 .

View attachment 91753 Eldeth grimaces a she tries to sit up. "I can no go that way. I am no leaving without me great-father's hammer. I will nay be leaving it to these creatures." She looks to Kildrak and says aloud in dwarven "If I fall in this black pit, please see to it my family's heirloom is returned to them."

Kildrak shook his head. "Dinnae be talkin like that lass! You'll not fall to these dark skinned bastards! An we'll be gettin that hammer back t'boot! Do yew know where they be keepin it?"

Sent from my SM-G950U using EN World mobile app

TallIan

Explorer
OOC: something has made me think of Jackie Chan's Shanghi Noon prison escape and made me wonder if we could do the same with Kildrak's 5' of silk rope and would any of our character know to do that? Quietly bending the bars will be better than smashing our way our.

hero4hire

Explorer
"We should pool our resources. See if'n we can use somethin' to aid in our escape." The gruff dwarf then produced the rope he had once been bound with from where it was hidden in the deep recesses of his fiery red beard.
"Tis silk! Stronger than hemp rope. I waz thinkin' of mebbe makin' a garrote ta choke the bastards. But I ain't much fer sneakin'!"

Sent from my SM-G950U using EN World mobile app

Last edited:

Remove ads