D&D 5E Escape the Underdark, Fear the Madness, and get Out of the Abyss - IC

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: I will need to wait to see if anyone wants to follow, but will assume Atallia was your look out. The guard had to go into the guard house to come out to cross to the bridge to the cell ledge. During this time you can escape to the staircase (where your spell works). One/two others at the most can get under the door and to the staircase before the guard comes to retrieve his bolt.

Any takers to trying to get out now?

OOC: Thia is awarded one inspiration die - first to escape. Remember the rules for this here

Congrats

TallIan

Explorer
"I've been a prisoner, of sorts, for too long now. And no one has ever accused a halfling of cowardice. I'm glad to have you with us."

Finnan considers approaching the drow or the koatoa when he hears the gate break. "Look like its happening now." He makes to go to the gate, then reconsiders, with his hands manacled, he really wasn't much use in the front. Instead he got closer, ready to go, and opens a link to Thia, Let me know if you need anything. To those clustering near the gate he says, "I really need to get these off."

hero4hire

Explorer
Kildrak was not much for sneaking. But the dwarf anxiously waited by the gate just inside of their prison keeping an ear out, just in case he needed to rush out in all of his pent up dwarven fury.

Thia tries to remain calm. If this were a mission, Adrima would be stalking forward to silence the guards. I wish she were here. She always said I held the knife wrong and didn't aim for the vitals like she showed me a thousand times. Old Grudach would be standing over me, to protect me from... from... well he died protecting me for all the good it did either of us. Lyonith would be by my side, ready to jump on anything needing jumping on. There's a guard walking back over the bridge. The damned arrow. I can do this. Swift like Adrima, just rush him and get him down. Fast. I hope some others get out here soon to help.
Thia points at the guard, repeating the invocation of the true strike spell until she is ready to pounce.

EarlyBird

Explorer
The drow guard makes his way into the guard post, for the next few seconds no one is watching the gate or the prisoners.

OOC: Just time for one more character to exit the slave pen, and hide near the stairs.
Also I can put this on hold - till after Christmas as it is about to get hairy and hate to break up the action.
Groups choice.

TallIan

Explorer
OOC: I was going to leave the chance to get out of the door first to Atallia (since she is sneaky), but if no one else wants to go out, Finnan will go and help Thia.

As far as pausing goes, I'm easy either way, though my posting is going to be slightly less regular until after new year's.

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: And so it begins (or ends - all in how the die fall)

The guard who shot the bolt at Atallia moves across the rope bridge, his hand crossbow in hand and reloaded. Atallia watches from behind the gate making direct eye contact to try and keep the drow's eyes on her.

Finnan slips in beside Thia and the elven soldier breathes a bit easier knowing she has a bit of support as she tenses readying herself to strike.

The guard stops by the spent bolt and then starts to bend over to retrieve it, the keys on his belt jingle as if to taunt the group to try an attempt at freedom.

OOC:
Thia rolled a great Stealth check so she has surprise on the guard. Need Finnan to roll a Stealth check DC 13 to have a surprise round.
Also roll INIT for after the surprise round in your next post. You need to be faster than the other guards or they may get a chance to warn the complex.

[sblock=Combat]
Atallia
AC 15, HP 21/21, none

Thia
AC 13, HP 21/21, dagger

Finnan
AC 13, HP 21/21, none

Kildrak
AC 9, HP 28/28, none

Drow Guards: AC 15
HP
1) 13/13