Escaping the Labyrinth

Albedo

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Ok, I'm sorry cause I know you don't like OOCs in IC threads, but snakes don't have to deal damage with their bites, its an on hit effect. Meaning the Octopus still needs to make saves against the poison.
[/sblock]

Rayex

First Post
Frustrated at his lack of options, lacking the range the others have, the young cleric decides that the others are probably better to deal with the last squid.

[sblock=ooc]

Will move as close as possible to where Darius disapeared, and will do nothing, awaiting to see if the others can deal with this better.

I knew I should've brought something range'ish! :p[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Savlin looks around in distress, arrow nocked to his bowstring. Does anyone have a spell that will help us meet this thing on its own ground? he asks the others, afraid that they've seen the last of Darius.

Albedo

First Post
Anabelle begins casting another spell, wondering if its long casting time may prove to be too late to assist in the encounter.

[sblock=OOC]
Anabelle cast summon monster IV to summon a fiendish elsmosaurus.
[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
As you stand helplessly watching, the Octopus drags Darius down out of sight. The only way you could aid him now would be to go in after him, though Anabelle has a different idea and begins summoning again

[sblock=ooc]
Octopus Grapple; Darius Grapple; Constrict (1d20+22=33, 1d20+13=28, 2d8+6=11) It succeeds on it's grapple check and pulls Darius another 5' deeper (now 20'), dealing him 11 damage in the process.

OK, this is the only time I'm going to offer hints to save characters (This is supposed to be a potentially lethal game)
Seriously, I'm surprised nobody's gone into the water after him, and that Darius hasn't tried to just kill the thing instead of continuosly attempting escape with such low odds. Why not Humanoid Shape into something with claws and rip its eyes out. (As per our discussions earlier, the ability DOES grant you natural weapons). *Note: It's got less hp max than you have currently!*
ALso keep in mind that with your constitution you can go over a minute underwater before you even have to START making drowning checks (Two minutes if you're not doing anything strenuous, like fighting.. though you are at the moment). You're not exactly in all that much danger.

Anyways, you all get actions again before it goes.
[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
*BUMP*
Will Rhokkan or Carl be doing anything this round?(Keep in Mind Rhokkan is currently floating in the dangerous water, albeit on the opposite side from Darius and his octopus. At the very least you'll need a swim check to keep afloat)

kinem

Adventurer
Unable to see the octopus, Carl can't blast it, so he looks around for other dangers or things of interest. He is not willing to endanger himself by entering the murky water just now in a probably futile attempt to save his newly met companion.

Jemal

Adventurer
Rhokkan treads water, glancing around warily for any more surprises as everyone else gathers anxiously... waiting...

Anabelles chanting is the only sound, though even it does not penetrate the murky depths to which Darius has been brought. With a great surge of willpower, he manages to calm himself enough to activate his transformation, growing the claws and scales of a lizardman.

The Octopus seems oblivious to the change, Tightening its grip painfully as it sinks even further.

[sblock=ooc]
Grapple: Octopus; Darius; constrict (1d20+15=22, 1d20+8=12, 2d8+6=21)
It wins, dragging Darius down to 25' deep and dealing nearly max damage on it's constrict (24, ouch).
Since Anabelle and Darius seem to be the only ones taking actions at the moment, I'll update as soon as they've posted. If anybody else would like to act, feel free.

Also, Albedo - Feel free to keep rolling attacks for your snakes, they still have the opportunity of dealing damage (And Poison) with a crit.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Rhokkan realizes that he needs to get to dry land before he can determine his next steps. He'll attempt to head over to where he was before his mighty leap.

[sblock=ooc]
If possible, move towards the land, full round action can move at 1/2 speed.
Swim (1d20+8=14)
[/sblock]

Remove ads