Escaping the Labyrinth

Jemal

Adventurer
Darius begins thrashing around, managing to sink his nails into the blubbery skin. Seeming to come out of nowhere, something slams into the Octopus that is holding Darius.
Sensing this new, VERY large threat and realizing the pain from its wounds, the Octopus releases Darius and cuts its losses, releasing a cloud of ink to cover it's tracks as it flees, the Elasmosaur in pursuit.

Meanwhile, Anabelle finishes her summons and a huge beast appears in the water, following her instructions it dives downwards in search of the Octopus. A moment later, Darius' head breaks the surface of the water, covered gasping for air.

[sblock=ooc]
Dino-Charge (1d20+15=32, 2d8+12=17)
That Elasmosaur is easily twice the size of the nearly-dead octopus, so I had it run away. Congrats on the victory/survival. I need swim checks from Rhokkan and Darius to get back onto the path, and what does the party intend to do now?
Also, Albedo hasn't posted in a while...
Albedo: You have until the next combat or your character dies(Will also post this in the OOC thread).
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Savlin puts away his bow, happy to once again feel the hilt of Fellfrost in his hand. Shall we continue across this underground sea? I struggle to trust the path, but I see little alternative.

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Dino-Charge (1d20+15=32, 2d8+12=17)
That Elasmosaur is easily twice the size of the nearly-dead octopus, so I had it run away. Congrats on the victory/survival. I need swim checks from Rhokkan and Darius to get back onto the path, and what does the party intend to do now?
Also, Albedo hasn't posted in a while...
Albedo: You have until the next combat or your character dies(Will also post this in the OOC thread).
[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
Thanks. But I will use my Humanoid Shape invocation to change into something with a swim speed (merfolk? Darius should still be recognizable as such) and swim then to the surface.

Darius should be by 55 / 136 HP
[/sblock]

"Hey, new one, I'm in dire need of healing. Would you be so kind?
And thanks to the one who called that big lizard-beast!"
Darius says after reaching the surface and the stoneway bellow the waves.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Struggling back to the path, Rhokkan climbs out of the water, sputtering and spitting out the foul tasting water from his mouth.

"Now I remember why I don't like swimming. I hope this won't rust my armor. He mutters to himself as he looks over at the others and nods to them, surprised that none succumbed to the underwater threats.

The troll will take the lead again, carefully picking his way along the path to avoid falling into the water again.

[sblock=OOC]
Swim (1d20+8=18)
[/sblock]

Rayex

First Post
"Healing, of course!" moving up Darius, Ryash calls upon Pelor and restores some life-energy to his new comrade.

[sblock=ooc]
Using level 5 domain spell; Cure Critical Wounds. It's empored due to the RSoP feature.
Heals: 34+22: 55

Updated my character sheet accordingly

Does Darius want/need more yet?

[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
The group heals up a bit and continues on as the corpses sink. After several more minutes of navigating, the trail comes up out of the water, becoming a sloping stairway up to a small (30X30) island rising several feet out of the water.. Leading off the island on the other side is a rope bridge. The island looks safe and secure. Upon reaching it, the booming voice of your 'host' reaches you. "Excellent, contestants. Your trials so far today have been most impressive. This island is your first reward for putting on a good show. Feel free to stay here for a while. Rest, eat, bathe. You have my assurances that it is safe.. for now. Tommorow you begin the second half of this particular course."

[sblock=ooc] Darius still has 26 damage remaining after that.. spectacular... heal.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
"Thank you very much! Can you spare another healing spell? I think a much weaker one would be enough to heal my last bruises." Darius tells the cleric.

[sblock=ooc]
34+22= 56

Darius would need another 25 HP to be full again. A nights rest would regain 12 of them.
[/sblock]

Rayex

First Post
"Of course. Seeing as we will rest here tonight, I'd better get us all up to full strength!"

[sblock=ooc]

Will heal everyone up to full, using.. well, I got loads of spells left, so should be no worries.

Also, I will have to sit down and dig up more spells that are more usefull in combat situations.[/sblock]

Remove ads