eTools FR Stuff

ControlFreak

First Post
I'm really not sure if I did this all right, but this zip "should" contain the stuff for FR Dieties, Domains, and Feats. There was a good amount that I just couldn't do, but I think I got everything in there and most of it seems to work.

frstuff.zip

ControlFreak

Last edited:

bitz

First Post
I can take on the FRCS Spells, but will have to add the Domains too, to assign the Domain Lists. There aren't many, thank goodness, so should take a good day. I'll stop on my Monsters of Faerun production (I'm at the start of G as of tonight...).

BTW, I think I'm going to dread MM II. 200 Monsters with CRs of 10 - 20... It'll take forever.... That will actually be around 300 E-Tools Entries (12 from each dragon alone.)

Oh wait, duh. I'll just take your Domains. =)

Ranger One

First Post
Ummm, fella's... I already have most of that done. I posted the basic file over on Fluids boards first, then when they went kaput I loaded them on at the WoTC boards.
I would advise holding off for a day or so, as the completed version has been streamlined a great deal and is nearly complete.
Included are...
All FR Deities
All FR Domains
All FR Spells
All of the above are correctly linked to each other, and to the core spells in the PHB as well.
The only shortcoming is with the granted powers that go with the domains. Right now there is a brief descriptive text so that you can enter them manually in Etools or on your character sheet. Since there are so many different types of granted powers that you can get with a Domain, this may be the only solution for the time being. I am not going to modify the Data base directly until ETHelper can do it safely... without overwriting anything important.
I believe the FR feats have also been done, however I have not grabbed them yet, and now that the Fluid boards are completely down the link to them that was posted on the WotC board is probably dead.
Expect the completed version either tomorrow or the day after. Just a suggestion my friends, check around before you enter a major project like this... you may find it has already been done.
Granted, with Fluids web site down thats a bit difficult to do at the moment. :)
I repeat, hold off on downloading the current version. It is not complete but will be very soon.

Last edited:

bitz

First Post
Too bad I read it too late...

Already finished the spells and started on the Domain Spell Lists...

I'll just finish it, only 10 lists to go.

:D

Ranger One

First Post
Suit yourself, the more the merrier. :)
Regardless, here is Ranger One's Forgotten Realms Deities, Domains, and Spells. All properly linked and ready to go.
Get it here.
I am considering making a few specialized versions of certain spells that are restricted by the domain that grants them. Example: the Scalykind Domain grants a limited form of the Creeping Doom spell that is made up of tiny snakes. Let me know if you feel this is necessary.
I will take a look at any work done on Granted powers to see if they can be implemented without hacking the database.

Last edited:

Davin

First Post
Ranger One said:
Suit yourself, the more the merrier. :)
So..... who would like to volunteer to take both these files and compare them for differences? If they're different, then the two authors can work out why they're different and decide if they should agree on a single way to handle things. For everything that is identical, we can be relatively assured that the data was understood in the same way and entered correctly (without typos, etc.).

(Isn't that a good plan to check for consistency?)

EricNoah

Adventurer
Awesome Ranger One -- thanks! Wow for the first time I really feel like I can start dropping some of these Realms-specific spells etc. into my game easily. :) I like how you marked the god and domain names with FR, that helps.

Ranger One

First Post
Davin, in this case there is no need. Imagine my surprise when I opened up "control freaks files", the one's that
There was a good amount that I just couldn't do, but I think I got everything in there and most of it seems to work.
and I find that quite to my surprise they are MY files that I put out as a taster a few days ago. At least as far as the FR Gods and Domains go. The only alteration seems to be that my "Foreword" has been deleted, the one I cheerfully wrote to let people know who did the work.
I have no idea where the Feats came from, but as there was a post on the Fluid boards about someone having them done, I have a feeling they came from there.
I'm going to assume that this was unintentional, but I'm a little irked. Perhaps its because I do so many mods for other software/games but fella's, please, if you are going to incorporate someone elses work in a file you are putting up courtesy dictates giving a mention in there somewhere. Otherwise you are taking credit for someone elses sweat, time, and effort to transcribe this information into a format ETools can use.
Now he did leave the set name the same, which includes my nic (which I named thusly as an after thought). But he split out the Domains into a separate uncredited file with a different set name. To his credit he edited out an error I had already caught with the Domains (I had erroneously created FR versions of standard domains, but later found them unneccessary).
I can't see who originally did the Feats he included.

Sorry if I sound testy, this has just struck me wrong. I'm sure he was just trying to help the community.

EricN, thanks! Thats why I did it that way. I have a lousy memory for such things when creating NPC's. :)
I made sure to get page numbers in for the spells too. Scott should be happy. :D

Last edited:

Remove ads