Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

twilsemail

First Post
Felix watches his companions depart on an adventure that just was not to his tastes. With a sigh, he rises from his seat and heads out the door. "A fond fare well, my friends." He calls over his shoulder, "I am sure you'll be seeing me soon."

Felix heads to his room down the street and lays down for a nap. Dreaming sweetly of Drew.

OOC: Retiring the PC. Bringing in another within a few days.

Voda Vosa

First Post
From a dark niche in the wall of the tavern, the forgoten warforged that is Earth approaches to the ligth of the main room. He never left.
Walking slowly, mortar and dirt falling from the strange mixture between an earth elemental an a 'forged, he slowly makes his way to the centre of the room.
" I am called Earth, and my mission is to defend Nature from defilers. All thouse who wish to oppose the natural order of things, shall face their judgement and return to the earth, from which they came." he declares, and moves no more, as if dead.

Earth, warden warforged level 8

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
A rush of wind blows through the windows of the tavern. Where moments ago there was nothing, now a deva stands before you. She is tall and slender with alabaster skin banded with royal blue. Like most of her kind, her eyes are solid white orbs. She is dressed in white robes over leather armor. Several spears are arrayed on her back, except for the nearly 8 foot long one she carries in her hands. Around her neck is a golden holy symbol of Mireva.

"GREETINGS MORTALS! I AM THE ENTITY KNOWN AS DINA! FEAR NOT MY ARRIVAL!"

Now that she has everyone's attention, she continues.

"The most wise and compassionate Mireva has newly formed me upon this plane to counsel all those who seek her knowledge."

OOC: Dina, Artificer|Warlord has been divinely created in the tavern.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Welcome to the world of the living." says the earth golem behind her, with a voice that resembles sliding rocks, and rumbling volcanoes. But then, did he speak outloud? It is then when Dina understood that the creature had spoken in her mind.

twilsemail

First Post
A large head pokes through the doorway of the Hanged Man. Before a body follows, the heads owner ducks back out to look down the street at something. “He got distracted… again,” the new-comer mutters to himself as he enters the tavern. He shakes his head with mild exasperation.

His human heritage is obvious. Whatever had mated with one to make him? Not so much. A fine coat of grey-green fur covers his body, from his pointed ears to his clawed bare feet. His arms and chest bulge to an extent that it appears his muscles have muscles. Two tusks, perhaps an inch long, jutted from his jaw, keeping his mouth wide. One appears to be decorated with scrimshaw.

Linen armor, accented with metalwork where it won’t impede his movement creaks as he strides into the bar and then into the bouncer’s out-stretched arm. “Name?”

The hulk blinks for a few seconds before the question registers. “Netario. Call me Runt.” With the simple ritual observed, the bouncer lets him pass. Instead, Runt takes stock of himself while keeping an eye on the bouncer. He leans on a wicked looking trident as he ensures that the net on his hip is secured. He then checks the straps of the manica on his left arm. Finally, he checks the travelling pack he recently purchased and the coin purse inside.

Satisfied, he nods to the bouncer and moves to the bar. “Water?”

[sblock=Runt]

Runt—Male Half-Bugbear Fighter 3
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18
AC: 18, Fort: 19, Reflex: 17, Will: 15 — Speed: 6
HP: 39/39, Bloodied: 19, Surge: 9, Surges left: 10/10
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 0
Powers -
Knockdown Assault
Footwork Lure

Passing Attack
Rain of Blows
Invigorating Stride

Master’s Edge
Staggering Net +1

Full character sheet - http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC%3ARunt_(twilsemail)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

TardiS

First Post
The door to the tavern swings open wildly as a bold human in shining platemail steps through the door with a wide grin on his face.

He grabs the hand of the bouncer shaking it vigorously

"Eet is I, Nikolai Piotr Dmitriev, it ees your pleasure to veet my aqvaintence." he smiles and walks over towards the bar without hesitating.

He takes a seat next to Netario and claps him on the back with a mailed hand.

"Ah brother, eet iss good to see you. I zee you are dreenking vater vhen you cood be dreenking vine. Zis iss never a good ting."

He gazes around the bar a bit.

"Barkeep, a strong dreenk for me and two zat are sveet for those two vine ladees in zee corner."

When he receives the drinks he wanders over to find the two fairest women he can find in the bar.

"Hallo, I am zee great adventurer Nikolai Piotr Dmitriev. I haav come a long vay to breeng zees dreenks to such lovely rozees as you..."

He continues to chat with the ladies until approached.

OOC: PC:Nikolai Piotr Dmitriev(TardiS) - L4W Wiki

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The door opens again and tri-kreen ... oh, no, it's just a human dressed like a bug. The head is hidden behind large pincers of what can be recognized as Kruthik Queen head, torso is covered in layered armor from the same creature, but with runes burned into it.

Large spider is grabbing human's neck and hangs immobile.

On his belt there is insectoid leg and different looking, serrated leg of some other insectoid is in his hand.

"Ah, no fighting this time. Good."

cultured voice comes out. He puts down his strange implement and removes the helm. Now it is revealed it is in fact half elf, with high forehead and barely pointed ears. His face is serious, frowning at everything, while he analyzes the patrons.

"I am Martelai Luinil, an astrologer, explorer of strange magical phenomena, stranger creatures and head of Bacarte office of Institute of Arcane Ciphers.

I see Master Veruzak didn't left any new notes, so I'll ask if any magic user is interested in joining. I'm available for a day or two before heading through the portal back to Bacarte."

He then sits down. "Wine, please."

OOC: Starpact warlock 6
[MENTION=6676626]TardiS[/MENTION], it is customary to choose a color in which your character speals so it's easier to distinguish the description and talking.

Remove ads