Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Voda Vosa

First Post
Earth remains there in the middle of the room, as if he was some sort of statue carved in brute stone. His head simply spins in place, each time a newcomer comes in.

Someone

Adventurer
Beyond the now open door there's a statue made entirely of dull red crystals. It must be the work of some modern artist, because it's not properly proportioned and has no discernable face. Plus it's wrapped in some clothes, with bits of stone sewn in seemingly random places.

Hey, it moves. It turns out he's another client. And it knows local customs, too.

Shale-1.jpg

I'm called Shale

"I am Martelai Luinil, an astrologer, explorer of strange magical phenomena, stranger creatures and head of Bacarte office of Institute of Arcane Ciphers."

"I know a couple persons who you may like to speak with. They're coming right behind me"

CaBaNa

First Post
A wizard strolls into the bar after the crystalline creature, smiling from ear to ear, in drenched purple robes, not-so-fresh bandages and a matching drenched purple hat. We're friends after that, I guess. Do you make friends? Wait, didn't you say you didn't need to eat or drink? You put off too many of my questions back there... Gil has his notepad out in an instant.

Shocking to the scholar, instead of a drenched mess, a dry clean book met his hands. Gil recognized the magic almost immediately, and quickly sensed the rest of his person for possible effects. Sure enough, several items had been affected by the magical waters below Stargazer Hill.

Who are we supposed to speak with, can't I at least wash myself? Wait, do you have a sense of smell? Gil falls into silence for a moment, waiting for answers, before the gaze of the bartender gets under his skin. GIL, erm... Hi, I'm Gil.

Gil

Someone

Adventurer
We're friends after that, I guess. Do you make friends?

Shale-1.jpg

No. Our kind does not feel emotions. That makes us very sad.

OOC: By the way, Cabana, I couldn't help but notice that you may be using the unerrataed version of the orb of nible thoughts. It gives now a bonus to initiative equal to the orb's enhancement bonus, not the user's Int mod.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Ah, I see what you mean. Hello, there, young mage. Care to tell your last adventure?"

asks half elf dressed in some kind of bug carapace adjusted for human form.
"I am Martelai Luinil, an astrologer."

OOC: Someone, I really like your comment, but can't give you XP. Sad really. :)

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina turns around taking in the flurry of arrivals and activity at the tavern. She remembers such places, but the memories of past lifetimes are hazy at best, so she hesitates.

Finally, in an effort to fit in, she points to the first tavern patron she fixes her gaze upon and shouts to the bartender, "I'll have what he's having." She hoped it was good. She really couldn't even remember what food was like or even if she had ever tasted it before.

twilsemail

First Post
Runt looked up from his barely cooked haunch of lamb to see the Deva pointing at him. "Uhh... Lady? Are you sure?" He took the time to wipe some of the grease from his face as he eyed the somewhat frail-looking blue and white woman.

As he notes the Mivera theme of the woman's garb his eyes narrow for a moment. It's only brief and his emotions play across his face plain as day. Distrust is bold and easily read. It is also quickly banished by some other thought. He shakes his head, banishing a thought.

An awkward smile offers an apology for the look. A bit of color touches his finely-furred cheeks in embarrassment.

CaBaNa

First Post
Shale-1.jpg

No. Our kind does not feel emotions. That makes us very sad.

OOC: By the way, Cabana, I couldn't help but notice that you may be using the unerrataed version of the orb of nible thoughts. It gives now a bonus to initiative equal to the orb's enhancement bonus, not the user's Int mod.

Gil's pencil glides across the paper, taking down what Shale said, as the wizards head tilted.

OOC: Gil's character sheet needs updating all around, it isn't accurate anymore. Thanks for the heads up.

"Ah, I see what you mean. Hello, there, young mage. Care to tell your last adventure?"

asks half elf dressed in some kind of bug carapace adjusted for human form.
"I am Martelai Luinil, an astrologer."

OOC: Someone, I really like your comment, but can't give you XP. Sad really. :)

After a bath, and some mending, you can hear the full tale. smiles the wounded young human, Dante Gilgamesh, Gil for short, scholar. Excuse me. With that, Gil walks up the stairs to his rented room.

*Much Later*

Dry, clean, and with barely a scratch left. Gil bounces down the stairs into the main area enthusiastically. He orders some food and drink, then looks for friends to sit with.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Come, come, young mage. Sit with me." calls out a half elf, now without his armor and only in navy blue coat over white shirt with frill collar.

OOC: (think Benjamin Franklin style of clothing i.e. 18 or so century of USA)

Someone

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc - active players]
I have a couple published adventures I may run here. They come scaled to any level between 2 and 10, so theoretically any player currently in the tavern could play, if a group of around that level can be formed.

Though the Tavern Patrons thread is useful to know what characters are currently in the tavern, I can't know what players are actively following it and thus what groups can be formed. If you are interested in a relatively short dungeon crawl, reply to this post[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads