Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Fyrm

First Post
Right behind the strange bug-man walks in a crow-man. That was fun Sound. My master was right, adventuring is a blast. the anthropomorphic crow then changes into a hulking Bugbear. By the way, have you had any luck finding your friends yet? I asked around on my way back, but no one said they had.
[Sblock=OOC crow-man] I just recently found the Kenku write up in the back of MM2. I am now tempted to make my second character here one when Merc gains the last few EXP he needs to level up. [/Sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Um... Did someone over here say my name. Sorry, I was terribly preoccupied with this construct-of-a-most-peculiar-nature. What did you need? Oh, and I go by "Gil" now...
Owen slowly runs down the list of names mentioned in the conversation recently. Dismissing Bahamut for the moment (the Scholar doesn't LOOK like a Bahamut), he tries the next best options.

"Oh is your name Owen, too? Or Lenard . . . or Dante? I guess I don't quite understand how you get Gil from any of those. Nice to meet you either way. I'm Owen, or an Owen at least."

LogicsFate

First Post
Um... Did someone over here say my name. Sorry, I was terribly preoccupied with this construct-of-a-most-peculiar-nature. What did you need? Oh, and I go by "Gil" now...

We still go by the moniker "Queen", what other do you go by? We heard nothing that sounded likely.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Just posting a list of the patrons. It's getting long, and difficult to know who's in here:

Gil (Human, Class?, Level 1, Role?) Cabana
Owen (Half-Orc, Fighter, Level 1, Defender) Halfrogman
Queen (Warforged (Swarm), Druid, Level 1, Controller) Logicsfate
Dante (Githzerai, Sword Mage/Avenger, Level 1, Striker) kristoaster
Sound of Stone (Tri-Kreen, Monk, Level 1, Striker) Rb70nm
Mercurial (Changeling, Artificer, Level 1, Leader) Fyrm
Lenard (Human, Mage, Level 1, Controller) Dekana
Halcyon (Warforged, Paladin, Level 1, Defender) Antithetist
Prime (Warforged, Class?, Level 1, Defender) Someone

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
A wisened, bloodstained woman enters the tavern carrying a longbow that is taller than she is. She appears childlike, but her eyes betray long years that have instilled a hunter's experience.[sblock=Picture]
L4Wrequest_10_2.jpg

[/sblock]"Ah! Mikara Li Messadh!" The bartender calls out over the crowd, "Thought you were dead?"

"I was," she giggles knowingly, "but that can't keep a girl down, now can it?"

"You want your usual?"

"Sure." She smiles wickedly, like a lioness licking her lips, "Line 'em up."

The bartender proceeds to a porcelain keg at the back of the area behind the bar bearing a strange label with the the words,
Wayne's Ale
written in bold, red letters diagonally across the front. Below this written horizontally (and in only slightly smaller, black letters), it reads:

STARK BREWERY

Grabbing a wooden mug, the bartender proceeds to pour from the tap, but the ale seems to leak out of the mug. The bartender shakes and plants his palm against his forehead in sudden recollection. Placing the wooden mug on the counter (which, continues to weep ale at an accelerated rate), he grabs a ceramic mug and begins to pour again, seven mugs in all, lining them up 1 by 1 on the bar, where Mikara has taken a stool. She's already done with the first three by the time the bartender completes the task.

When he finishes, the bartender goes back to the counter to clean up, and notices that the wooden mug has been completely dissolved in a puddle of ale, that is eating a channel in the counter, and a hole in the floor.

"Aaah." Mikara wipes the foam from her lips as she drains the fourth mug, tossing her hair back over her pointed ears, "That's the stuff."

The elf turns to the crowd, surveying the motley bunch in front of her.

Now who do we have here?

[sblock=Mikara Li Messadh, Female Elf Ranger, Level 4 (Striker)]Mikara Li Messadh[/sblock]

Last edited:

LogicsFate

First Post
We are Queen says the pebbled warforged. The forged tics off the occupants of it's current table. Halcyon A more classically constructed Warforged. Prime A construct of some form. Gil, renamed. Human, leaning toward bookish.

You are Mikara Li Messadh Elf. We have not been officially introduced to the rest, so it may be rude for us to speak for them.
In case you were wondering.

Last edited:

Fyrm

First Post
Just now noticing the table of construct, the bugbear gets very exited. Wow! I've never seen another intellengent constructs before! And are those other two able to function on there own as well? Other than Scrapper, my little friend here, the Bugbear, who's hand appears to be changing, holds out a tiny humanoid machine, who quickly runs back into a hiding spot in the now changing creatures cloths sorry about that, he's a little shy, well, any way, other than him, all my constructs require me to think for them. slightly out of breath, the now ancient looking elf hag takes a seat at the construct's table.

LogicsFate

First Post
All of your constructs? Queen's head tilts at a 45' angle We can all speak for ourselves. Queen motions the the rest of the table. Each to their own extent. Some of us are more verbose.

Hello, Scrapper.

Fyrm

First Post
All of your constructs?

Yes. I like tinkering with magic and metal. although, other than Scrapper, everything I have made has not responded to anything unless I tell it to do something. As the Elf speaks, he becomes noticably younger.

Hello, Scrapper.
Scrapper pokes his head out from his hiding place, and, with a head at a slight angle, not quite 45 degrees, but close to, looks at Queen.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The fifth ale drains, and Mikara finally gets her dander up. She walks over to the table of mechanized creatures with her two remaining mugs, one in each hand, "Sho," she slurs to the buzzing construct, "What 'zactly areyoo made of?" She reaches out her finger to tap on Queen's exterior, thumping it to determine it's consistency, while both admiring and cringing at the unnatural clockwork complexity.

Remove ads