Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Someone

Adventurer
*Clank*Whirl*bing*

Code:
* I wouldn't bother answering *

* After what happened with the counter * 

* She should be dead soon *

OOC: Regarding the list, Sound of Stone is a striker (I can tell you he strikes a lot) and Prime is yet another warrior defender.

Antithetist

First Post
Yes. I like tinkering with magic and metal. although, other than Scrapper, everything I have made has not responded to anything unless I tell it to do something. As the Elf speaks, he becomes noticably younger.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine none of your 'tinkerings' have souls," Halcyon puts in. "That is where they differ - from myself, at least. My body may be artificially constructed, but my consciousness is not."

He looks on as the drunken elf approaches, his steel features unreadable but his eyes blazing brightly. At Prime's message he opens his mouth and a noise emerges, sounding strange at first; it's odd to hear a laugh coming from that expressionless mask of a face, but that's exactly what it is - a deep belly laugh.

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The sixth ale goes down, "Oooooh" Mikara makes a mockingly spooky sound, though it smacks of true curiosity, "and whir 'zactly's the soul hiding?" She probes flaps and plates on Halcyon looking for a door or compartment where his soul might be housed.

rb780nm

First Post
"kohn-strucz?" Sound of Stone tries to get his mandibles around the unfamiliar word. "You are all devices, not fleshy prey in armor? You shells are part of you." He thumps his exoskeleton, "perhaps our tribes are distantly related."

Last edited:

LogicsFate

First Post
"What 'zactly areyoo made of?" She reaches out her finger to tap on Queen's exterior, thumping it to determine it's consistency.

Queen's exterior reacts to the touch, recoiling and contracting away from site like a ripple through water.

* She should be dead soon *

It is our experience that most of the representatives of the flesh races have a great deal more fortitude than your previous master. By our estimate she could consume at least a dozen more before succumbing to lethal poisoning.

it's odd to hear a laugh coming from that expressionless mask of a face, but that's exactly what it is - a deep belly laugh.

Queen mimics the laugh quietly. For practice.

"kohn-strucz?" Sound of Stone tries to get his mandibles around the unfamiliar word. ""You are all devices, not fleshy prey in armor? You shells are part of you." He thumps his exoskeleton, "perhaps our tribes are distantly related."

We are distinctly un-fleshy
Queen replys it's a harsh buzz, and pauses to think a moment Perhaps we are related in some way. Though we would not know how.

Last edited:

LogicsFate

First Post
Scrapper pokes his head out from his hiding place, and, with a head at a slight angle, not quite 45 degrees, but close to, looks at Queen.

Queens head returns to an upright position and asks in an utterly mechanical and neutral tone. What do you want? Queen attempts to speak it more softly than normal. To little effect.

CaBaNa

First Post
Nice to meet you Owen, my parents call me Dante, but my friends call me Gil. Comes from my last name... Anyway, this is the most interesting place I've been in a while. He looks between the attractive newcomer and the forge she's prodding. Can't wait for the next field trip.

Gil, Human, Wizard|Artificer/Assassin, Level 2, role "sixth man" controller/leader, CaBaNa

I'd love to travel with Mikara again H.M.Gimlord, had a blast last time her and Kamotz were together.

Antithetist

First Post
The sixth ale goes down, "Oooooh" Mikara makes a mockingly spooky sound, though it smacks of true curiosity, "and whir 'zactly's the soul hiding?" She probes flaps and plates on Halcyon looking for a door or compartment where his soul might be housed.

"A tough question," Halcyon says. It's still difficult to pick out tone in his flat bass voice, but the fact that he was laughing a moment ago would imply that he is in good humour. "But couldn't I ask you the same thing? Although I imagine that if I followed your example and started poring over you to look for it, the city guard would soon enough for melting me down for scrap." Despite his words, he doesn't seem to have any objection to being manhandled.

kristoaster

First Post
"Another Dante, eh?" asks the gith, finally breaking out of his awed stupor at the living constructs and insect men."Well met."

Dante turns to Halcyon, frowning in confusion. "Where does your soul come from, then, if your body is artificial?"

OOC: I'm a striker/defender btw :) not just striker...

Remove ads