Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: I think LogicsFate raises a good point. I tend to be a little impulsive, just to see how things go. Maybe this is even a little too over the top. If I could give LogicsFate XP, I would, but ENWorld won't let me, so here's my unofficial recognition...Thanks.
The grin is back. The darkness seems to fade from his face, his eyes brighten up...

"Whoa, whoa, whoa there good looking, I didn't say I was afraid. I'd march down the road to hell if that is what was called for... might have already done that a little bit, I think..."
Oh you've only taken your first step loverboy. Mikara, again rolls her eyes and looks over at the bartender, sticking out her tongue. The bartender shrugs sheepishly.

Artemis stands, leading Mikara to the table of assembled juggernauts, "We should re-join the table so no one sees you taking advantage of me and bedding me so soon in our relationship..."
Oh I'll bed you alright. On a bier.

He keeps going so she doesn't get a chance to interrupt, he's rolling now the shadow has passed.

"There are times when we all feel challenged. Sure, you're excited... aroused even"
This one draws another eye-roll from the elf.
he's talking to Halcyon but winks bawdily at Mikara, "There are times when we all aren't sure, but I'm here to tell you now, everyone, I will be there at your side to mount the situation. (winks) I'm there, solid as a strong, hefty spear, to pressure... to push... to fight on!"

He spins Mikara so she does a full circle and ends up sitting in the chair next to Halcyon. "But I'll tell you two things. First, I'll take all the help I can get saving my soul. Second, I'm easy." (winks)
Mikara spins out from under Artemis' hands, and backs up. From a safe distance, Mikara addresses the warlord, "Let's dispense with the overtures and just be friends." she cocks an eyebrow, "I think we'd make terrible enemies."
Queen leans over and glances at Gil's notes. Perhaps you should make a new heading for an Anatomy Lesson, We believe the male wishes to copulate.
Mikara looks past Artemis to the warforged, "I think he's still on life lessons. Anatomy will have to wait...for someone else."

Last edited:

LogicsFate

First Post
Mikara looks past the bleeding Artemis to the warforged, "I think he's still on life lessons. Anatomy will have to wait...for someone else."

Queen considers the words a moment, If it is your intent to display his innards then the anatomy lesson could continue... Satisfied Queen turns to Gil Have you much experience in anatomy? We know the four legged, "living races" well enough.

OOC: You may be treading dangerous ground, I'm new to L4W but I've been around long enough to see tavern fights turn into; bad blood, judge headaches, and fewer players.

rb780nm

First Post
[sblock=I wrote this before Gimlords edit - I thought this was going somewhere fun, but it's cool]

"Friend Artemis!" Sound of Stone drops his drink and leaps over the table, springing to his allies' side.

OOC: Actions: Standard, Cranes wing attack. Cranes wing, vs Fort. (1d20+5, 1d10+5=[19, 5], [2, 5]) 24 vs Fort, 7 damage, push one square - but this is RP, so let's not get too bookkeeperish

The thri-kreen plants his spear but against the floor and uses the leverage to lift his body up in the air, striking out at Mikara with his hindlimbs. The kick hits her dead center and knocks her back several steps.

He lands, and flexes his forelimbs, twelve vicious looking claws gleaming in the torchlight.

"This should not continue. Friend Artemis is foolish to tangel with one such as you, but you struck first - so you are also foolish. All you fleshy prey things are foolish. Sound of Stone has separated you now, perhaps we should keep it that way?"

OOC: This is fun, but we should probably find a way to defuse the situation that I just escalated. Like Dekana said, PvP is bad, but rivalry is fun - and I see this as a way for Sound of Stone to become closer to some of the "fleshy prey things"

[/sblock]

"Friend Artemis!" Sound of Stone drops his drink and leaps over the table, springing to his allies' side.
He lands, and flexes his forelimbs, twelve vicious looking claws gleaming in the torchlight.

"This should not continue. Friend Artemis is foolish to tangle with one as strong as you, but all you fleshy prey things are foolish. You have many things in common - you should not be enemies without better cause than misplaced baravado"

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara drops her guard, walks over to the table, picking up the warlord's mug as she passes the thri-kreen and Artemis. She sits down and, with her foot, slides a stool out from under the table and places the mug on top of it. Taking a seat in a neighboring chair, she puts her arms behind her head and leans back, "Your friend is right. I liked the bit about killing hobgoblins. Let's start there." She gestures to the empty chair, "Have a seat."

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
A lot happens (or doesn't) in a very short time.

Artemis places his hand softely on Sound of Stone's shoulder, "Friend, there is no threat here, I'm alright. I deeply appreciate your protection."

He puts his hands up and steps back, "Well, not "no threat"." I was opening my mouth a little too wide, being too forward, and easily could have found a blade it it..."

"Luckily for me, M'lady has opted not to gut me in front of everyone here. And for my... advances... I apologize, I was out of line."

"And since I was making lists a bit ago, first, I apologize." Artemis bows deeply. "Second, I definitely do not want to be enemies with you. I'm pretty sure I would be the loser no matter the outcome."

He sits down across from Mikara, in the offered chair, and waves at the barmaid for drinks for everyone, "And lastly, I want to stay on life lessons as well. Saving souls and what-not..."

"Now, down to business... If we are to retake a kingdom, we are going to need a lot more people or a really good plan." Artemis grins.

[sblock=ooc] I love all the RP! I'd give xp to everyone if I could. [/sblock]

LogicsFate

First Post
Queen feels an odd urge to reiterate "At least a dozen more" to Prime, but shakes that off as unnecessary.

OOC:
Sorry to ruin your fun rb780nm.;) Let it be known that I'm all for pvp it just has to be done carefully and deliberately. Also people following my advice makes my head feel weird. I love you guys.

kristoaster

First Post
Dante's found himself nodding along with Artemis' speech, thinking to himself, "This one knows what he's about." In truth, however, the githzerai seems to be having trouble keeping up with the conversation, not being used to rowdy inns as he is.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"He has a soul after all!" Mikara's hands come down flat onto the table, "I've heard that the first thing to die in a battle is the battle plan," She's smiling again, "and that's why I leave the plans to others. Tell me," the eyebrow goes up again, "Why do you want to throw your life away so quickly for a cause?"
OOC: FourMonos: You use the little green thumbs-up in the avatar box to give XP, if you want to. If you give too many to a single player, ENWorld will block you. Didn't know if you couldn't because you didn't know or because you were blocked, so I figured I'd help if I could :).

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Owen sits bemused at the bar as the sudden tempest that is Mikara blows through the tavern. He watches in awe as the bartender pours her drinks, and removes his own tankard from the path being slowly carved into the countertop by the spilled ... ale? The half-orc continues to watch silently as Hurricane Mikara explains cultural sensitivity to the table full of warforged, instantly captivates the tavern's latest arrival and nearly starts a brawl. Every so often he takes a sip from his drink, with a bemused smile on his face.

However, when the conversation drifts to Alaria, he is suddenly aware of his own heritage. Alone in a bar with elves and humans and reborn champions of a fallen kingdom, being the half-blood son of an orc from Alaria suddenly seems to matter.

Eager to not draw too much attention to himself while war plans are made two tables over, he quietly turns back to the bar and gives Lenard a pensive look.

"Um ... what was it we were discussing again? Imperia? You mentioned something about mad monks, too. Why don't you tell be about them."

Remove ads