Ever see a Strengh 18/00 rolled legitimately?

Runestar

First Post
Once, though it was in baldur's gate 2. I was rolling up a dwarf wizard slayer character, and 18/00 just appeared on my screen! The total wasn't very good, but I could still get max str/dex/con and have 10 in mental stats, so I accepted it (especially since he couldn't magic gear).

sellars

Explorer
Never. Seen a lot on character sheets, but the thill of actually see one getting rolled.... I'm saving that one for a rainy day :)

avin

First Post
I rolled it once. Everybody was joking/rolling while the DM was in the bathroom.

On my turn I rolled 18/00.

As it was my first roll and we had four witness, DM allowed me to keep it.

In a couple of months we migrated to 3.0, tho :)

S'mon

Legend
Yeah, my friend Upper_Krust's PC, Thrin. Made it from 3rd level Cavalier to Lesser God with 117 levels and is still a feature of my main game-world.

Tarek

Explorer
I've rolled an 18/00 strength. Once.
That particular combination will come up one time in twenty thousand rolls, approximately, so it's not at all unheard of.

I routinely had characters with an array of stats all of which were twelve or higher; typically with seventeens and sixteens in there. I've never had one where there was more than one eighteen, though.

rkwoodard

First Post
nope

Not legit.

The closest I got was back in High School (83ish). I was home sick, bored so I started rolling dice.

I was rolling percentile. I rolled a 00 and decided to roll up a character. 4d6 drop the lowest, no other re-rolls, but assign as you see fit. Sure enough, one roll was an 18.

I knew my DM would not believe me, so I told him exactly how I did it. He let me keep it (nice guy, I let him be the best man in my wedding years later).

The character turned out to be a Dwarven Gladiator (from a Dragon Mag NPC article I think).

I have never seen it done either.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I think probably twice - it's hard to be sure after so long, it might actually be one or more times beyond that. But it was pretty rare.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases