'Everything Is a Story' Inside Wyrmwood Gaming's Narcissistic Funhouse

On the whole, I don't think this article is in the same category as cable opinion shows or clickbait articles.

Nor do I; that doesn't make it a non-issue.

In general, I don't hold my tongue just because I agree with someone. If I feel they could be doing something better, I say so. As mentioned earlier, with what she covered in this article, the revelations speak for themselves, and she should have let them.

Particularly because now that I think on it more, I think she actually did do this for the Bobby incident, in that it was relayed (assumingly verbatim) from the victim and left to speak for itself, but she did not take this approach with everything, and I don't think that was a good idea, for reasons Ive already been over.

But, as also said, none of this surprised me. You can still go watch videos of the CEO ranting about health insurance and safety regulations and all that.

It would've been a miracle if that was genuinely as innocuous as their media team wanted to portray it as.

See, this would be the problem of sanding off their logo. It only really matters if your stuff makes a lot of public appearances and you don't want to advertise their product. If you're just using it at home, you know whom you got it from, you've already paid for it, you're hiding nothing. You might as well just use it for its utility value - they can gain no more support from you than they already got before you knew how terrible their leadership is. This way you don't let the product of the workers who made it under less than safe, ideal conditions go to waste.

Most of the time, when I'm rolling physical dice, it's in public. When I'm at home, I'm usually using an app's built-in dice roller.

Even if I was using it at home, I still would feel bad using one of their products. That's why I got rid of my Zak S. and James Raggi penned books.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
A while back when I decided it was time to invest in a fancy gaming table I considered Wyrmwood. After reading this article, I'm very happy I decided against them. The leadership sounds terrible.
If you ended up buying one and don't mind saying, who did you end up buying a table from? My wife and I've talked about it on and off, but Wyrmwood is the only company we're aware of.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
If you ended up buying one and don't mind saying, who did you end up buying a table from? My wife and I've talked about it on and off, but Wyrmwood is the only company we're aware of.
Echoing & amplifying that.

I’m interested in some of that kind of stuff, but realistically, not likely to buy any in the near future. But knowing of quality alternatives- and boosting their signal- would undoubtedly help me and other po customers find them.

If you have ever watched any of their cringey reality show inspired videos none of this should be much of a surprise. Linda's prose was less damning than the stuff that they put out their on their own, but Linda does a great job of connecting the dots and filling in the Paul Harvey rest of the story.

Last edited:

Remove ads