• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Evil Fighter

Meadyaon

First Post
Would Leather Armor be good armor for me to have starting out? What could I wear to cover my face except for my eyes that is found in desert areas? I know he wears a turbine.

Last edited:

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Would Leather Armor be good armor for me to have starting out? What could I wear to cover my face except for my eyes that is found in desert areas? I know he wears a turbine.
Turban
Turban_man.jpg

Turbine
GE.LM2500.Gas.Turbine.jpg

Hm... Combined together, makes this?
galvanized-turbine-head-only.jpg

WarlockLord

First Post
I'd go studded leather or chain shirt for a lightly armored warrior type.

As for desert stuff, do you have access to sandstorm?

Clothing is pretty much "buy outfit in PHB, tell DM what it looks like."

Since you're doing TWF, you're going to need at least a dex of 19 to get the full benefit out of the TWF tree. That means you're going to want light armor to get the most out of your dexterity score.

Assuming average starting gold for a fighter, I would recommend picking up studded leather at the start. It's light, cheap, and offers decent protection. I wouldn't invest too heavily into your armor until you know where you're going to wind up at with your final dex score (ability point bumps, magical enhancements, etc.). Depending on how high your dex gets, you may want to consider eventually getting a mithral breastplate or just going for bracers of armor instead.

As for clothing, at level 1 you start with your pick out of a handful of outfits and you can always describe it however you want. If you want something with a mechanical benefit, then there isn't much you can afford at first level. However, that's when being smart will help you. Be sure to describe the GM how you're avoiding the heat such as staying out of the sun during the hottest part of the day, bringing along plenty of water (which is really heavy so be sure to get a camel or mule), traveling at dawn/dusk and avoiding unnecessary exertion. You could purchase a desert outfit (It isn't one of the free starter outfits), but its protection against the heat is negated when you put on armor.

Otherwise, you're going to be purchasing a lot of one-shot alchemical items until you can get more permanent magical effects. I would recommend trying to get the party to go in together on a wand of endure elements or saving up to buy yourself a magical vest that gives you a similar effect.

If you're just worried about making sure your face is covered, then you can do that easily enough by role-playing! :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads