• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Evil Fighter

Meadyaon

First Post
I forgot about the Entomanothrope on the D&D website. I have look at that template before. It make me think of the Manscorpion/tlincalis/Scorpionfolk. Do you think a DM would allow me to play as a Natural Werescorpion? The LA for the Werescorpion is +2.

Is getting eight levels of Rouge to much? How many levels in Fighter should I get? I want to have more level of Fighter then Rouge. The reason for the eight levels of Rouge is so I can have Improved Uncanny Dodge. What suggestions can give on how should about getting levels in both Fighter and Rouge?

Last edited:

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Do you think a DM would allow me to play as a Natural Werescorpion? The LA for the Werescorpion is +2.
I don't know, that depends on your DM and the specific campaign. If I were your DM, it would depend on the campaign. I've ran games before where a +2 LA template would be perfectly acceptable, and other where it would not be.
Is getting eight levels of Rouge to much? How many levels in Fighter should I get? I want to have more level of Fighter then Rouge. The reason for the eight levels of Rouge is so I can have Improved Uncanny Dodge. What suggestions can give on how should about getting levels in both Fighter and Rouge?
If your heart is set on Improved Uncanny Dodge for a Fighter, you could get it with 5 levels of Barbarian instead, which would synergize with Fighter better, in my opinion. You'd maintain that full BAB, get 2 rages per day and the +10 to land speed.

LiL KiNG

First Post
Werescorpion has a +2LA, but does it have racial hitdie? If so those would factor in as well and increase your ECL (ie; +2LA and +4HD = ECL 6 before class levels).

For Fighter and Rogue I can't remember what book has it but there is an alternate class feature for both where you can gain SA dice instead of feats as a Fighter, and you can gain bonus feats instead of SA dice as a Rogue.
Agreed that Barbarian is better for IUD... but the evasion from Rogue is very nice too.

Meadyaon

First Post
If your heart is set on Improved Uncanny Dodge for a Fighter, you could get it with 5 levels of Barbarian instead, which would synergize with Fighter better, in my opinion. You'd maintain that full BAB, get 2 rages per day and the +10 to land speed.
Would being able to rage twice per day help me out with two-weapon fighting and when I become dervish?

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Would being able to rage twice per day help me out with two-weapon fighting and when I become dervish?
The Dervish Handbook seems to be in favor of at least 2 levels of Barbarian. A few of the builds offered in the handbook include Barbarian & Fighter combos. It does not appear to support levels of Rogue except in builds that seem designed for versatility instead of hitting things well.

I've not ever tried this PrC, all I can do is offer advice from the handbook.

Last edited:

Meadyaon

First Post
Are their going to be any problems with me being a Fighter/Barbarian/Dervish if my attribute are the following? Str 16; Dex 16; Con 18; Int 15; Wis 14; Cha 14. Should I make my Dex 18 and my Con 16 instead of how it is listed?

When should I get the combat expertise, expeditious dodge , mobility, weapon focus (scimitar) and the two-weapon based feats? Should also go to level five of Tempest? The Dervish handbook list as of the gold standard for whirling Dervishes. Swashbuckler 3 / Fighter 2 / Dervish 10 / Tempest 5

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Are their going to be any problems with me being a Fighter/Barbarian/Dervish if my attribute are the following? Str 16; Dex 16; Con 18; Int 15; Wis 14; Cha 14. Should I make my Dex 18 and my Con 16 instead of how it is listed?
I don't know how your DM decides how stats are figured, but those seem like some across the board really good stats. If any stat should start off an odd number, I like to make it Strength since carrying capacity is affected by an exact STR score, while everything else works off stats at the even numbers. But that's just me.
When should I get the combat expertise, expeditious dodge , mobility, weapon focus (scimitar) and the two-weapon based feats? Should also go to level five of Tempest? The Dervish handbook list as of the gold standard for whirling Dervishes. Swashbuckler 3 / Fighter 2 / Dervish 10 / Tempest 5
You should get those feats whenever you intend to have them before whatever level you plan to take the Prestige class. Are you playing this character in a game starting at level 1? is this an NPC in a game in which you're the DM? In all the times you've built characters, I still have no clue how your DM works, how your games work, how you play in any way, if you build characters for writing, or if for you this is all a mental exercise (which is ok and cool if it is, I develop theoretical builds for fun).

Sometimes taking feats in a particular order end up making an awkward PC during those middle levels while you're on your way to becoming the awesome level 20 build. If I know your starting level and how the character will progress, I could give clearer suggestions. If you're starting at level 12, 17, 20, etc, it matters a little less what order you take the feats in.

Without that information, I'm not sure a truly helpful way to advise you, and you've never answered any of the questions I've asked in the past about such things.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads