• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exalted [Re-Recruiting and Re-Defining]

loxmyth

First Post
Hey Lichtenhart!

I've decided that I'll run my Eclipse for now. Quick question: do you expect this game to be extremely combat-focused? If so, maybe I'll run a more combat capable character - I got the impression that would be everyone else's shtick and I didn't want to overlap niches too much.

Oh, and by the way, I'm still interested in this game (if that even needs to be said) ;)

Mitchifer

First Post
WB Lichtenhart--

I think I'll stick with my Twilight as well...although I might consider changing it...I'm probably getting Siderals soon too, and I'm itchin' to play one. I should know by the end of the week.

--Mitchifer

Lichtenhart

First Post
loxmyth said:
Quick question: do you expect this game to be extremely combat-focused? If so, maybe I'll run a more combat capable character - I got the impression that would be everyone else's shtick and I didn't want to overlap niches too much.

Well, we may decide that together. Though my games are usually more intrigue-heavy than combat-heavy, I think you're going to get a fair share of epic battles anyway.
I like that you worry about not overlapping niches, I always thought that parties work well if they spread their skills around, so they rarely find a situation that a char can't handle. I've seen too many players caring too little about the parties on these boards.

I'd like to know if there's something in the setting that really fascinates you, so I can give it proper attention, e.g. the Houses' plots, the enigmatic Fair Folk, the mysterious Guild, the order of the Immaculates, the enchanted world of spirits and little gods, Yu-Shan's politics, the Underworld, the Cult of Illuminates and its real purposes...

loxmyth

First Post
Right now my character would probably be the resident social-skills monkey and ambassador. His niche would be the speaker/scribe of unparalleled eloquence.

As far as things that fascinate me, I'd personally like to put in a vote for politics. Realm, Yu Shan, Spirit Courts, they're all things that would interest me. In reality, everything in Exalted is so new to me that I could enjoy just about any storyline you choose to run. I'm just speaking up for the areas I was particularly thinking of when I created the character.

Aenion

First Post
Are you still accepting players?

If so I've got this really great character I created about a year ago for a TT game. I've only been able to play the character twice, due to real life time constraints. :(
I put her on Exalted Compendium, under Exalted & Spirit, an Eclipse under the name of Kabiko of Yane (I would post a link but for some reason it just redirects you to the Exalted Compendium main page), she would need a couple of changes before play, as for some reason only those two backgrounds got on there :mad: and some exp I got to spend. WARNING: background is kinda long
Of course she'll probably overlap with the other Eclipse. I could possibly change her to a Zenith, since most of her charms are already from the Zenith caste, or with a lot of work to a Night caste, but that wouldn't really fit her concept.

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
Aenion, I think there's still room for a player or two. :)
I dunno about your caste. Yes, it's true that it's probably better not to overlap, but two Eclipses can still be very different; OTOH I haven't heard from our Zenith in ages, so that slot is probably free. Choose what you feel better. :)
(I wish there was one of those tests like 'What kind of Exalted are you?' or 'What is your caste?' I know I would have some trouble choosing my caste, I love all of them. And Lunars too. And Sidereals must be intriguing. So are the Alchemicals. See? :))
If you tell me your nick in EC (mine is Radiant Heart, but I post very little and lurk a lot :)) or what is the thread name I'll look for it.

Aenion

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
Aenion, I think there's still room for a player or two. :)
I dunno about your caste. Yes, it's true that it's probably better not to overlap, but two Eclipses can still be very different; OTOH I haven't heard from our Zenith in ages, so that slot is probably free. Choose what you feel better. :)
(I wish there was one of those tests like 'What kind of Exalted are you?' or 'What is your caste?' I know I would have some trouble choosing my caste, I love all of them. And Lunars too. And Sidereals must be intriguing. So are the Alchemicals. See? :))
If you tell me your nick in EC (mine is Radiant Heart, but I post very little and lurk a lot :)) or what is the thread name I'll look for it.

There is only one Aenion :)

I've used the same nick on each and every site for years now, so you'll find me easy enough.
You can find Kabiko under Exalted & Spirit (where you can post characters on the site, although it's very buggy), I created her as an Eclipse 'cause the TT circle I was joining still needed one. She's the top most Eclipse.

If the choice is mine I will stick with her being an Eclipse.

Well the sig says it all for me ;)

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
Aenion said:
There is only one Aenion :)

I've used the same nick on each and every site for years now, so you'll find me easy enough.
You can find Kabiko under Exalted & Spirit (where you can post characters on the site, although it's very buggy), I created her as an Eclipse 'cause the TT circle I was joining still needed one. She's the top most Eclipse.

If the choice is mine I will stick with her being an Eclipse.

Well the sig says it all for me ;)

Found it. And found it very nice. :) I could see her well as a Zenith too, because she could use her beauty and skills also to inspire and convince people, and not only to fascinate them and strike bargains, but if it's alright with Loxmyth and the others, it's alright for me too.

Aenion

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
Found it. And found it very nice. :) I could see her well as a Zenith too, because she could use her beauty and skills also to inspire and convince people, and not only to fascinate them and strike bargains, but if it's alright with Loxmyth and the others, it's alright for me too.

Thx, glad you liked it :)

I'll put her in a better format to post by to night and I'll keep the option open to change her into a Zenith :)

Oh yeah, I should mention that Kariëch in the background is her Dryad spirit mentor (the other ST approved of it, but I don't know whether you will too, I've got some more info on her somewhere).

loxmyth

First Post
Lichtenhart said:

Personally, I don't care. The more the merrier, I say - I wouldn't care if everyone in the circle was an Eclipse ;) I'll drop by the compendium though, to see the character's focus and make sure we don't have entirely the same shtick. But if you needed my blessing to add another Eclipse, you have it.

Remove ads