Exalted [Re-Recruiting and Re-Defining]

Lichtenhart

First Post
- Which books do you have access to?

Nearly everything. I still haven't got Abyssals, Manacle & Coin, and Ruins of Rathess. I think I have got all the others.

- How do you plan on doing NPCs?
I'd like to have someone play some recurrent NPCs to make the game more lively. Something like a guardian spirit, a gold faction sidereal, a deathlord. Something that doesn't die the first time the players meet it. ;) Full stats wouldn't be totally necessary unless (or until) the players decide to face them. Basically they would be a voice different from mine, and I'd love also advices on what would be the consequences of their interactions with the players.

- Are you set on having a Perfect circle before you have Caste overlap? I mean, would you consider another Night or Eclipse, for example?

No I'm not set. I'd like having a perfect circle, because it's nice, and grant versatility, but I can see the circle splitting and going in different missions sometimes so it wouldn't be necessary. I do admit I would like it though. It has something to do with me being an evil schemer. :)
Besides, the Eclipse slot may be free again soon :rolleyes:

- When & where do you plan to set the game?

The prologue begins when the Jade Prison is opened. The real game begins as soon as the party is reunited, not much after the 'official' present timeline.
Where to start it... I've not really decided it yet, I'd rather wait to have all the backgrounds.

loxmyth

First Post
Thanks for the answers!

I'd really like to play in (or in some way contribute to) this game, but I know that I'll be going on vacation in two weeks, so it's probably a bad time. However, I'll try and come up with a few character concepts that you could potentially use... the thing I find most annoying and cool about this game at the same time is how many ideas I get for it!

Lichtenhart

First Post
I'll be on vacation from 27/7 to 2/8. Well, vacation is not the right term since it's a scout camp and I have much to prepare and probably I won't be able to think much about Exalted there. :rolleyes:
I'd *try* to run the Prologue before and start the game when i'm back, but with two players momentarily disappeared I think I am being too much of an optimist.
That is, unless the players start yelling at me they can't wait for the game to begin.

Last edited:

Macbrea

First Post
Nobara Junpaku

Was born to a fairly wealthy family in the southern regions of the country. He grew up learning the arts of the sword and dedicated himself to being the perfect fighting tool. On the 3rd day in April of his 17th year, he learned that his family was called upon to fight in the war. Taking up his family sword he marched away from home. During the next 5 years he rose the in the ranks of the army but always seemed to suffer the most losses of all commanders. His unit was asked to do the most dangerous jobs and Nobara wouldn't dare turn them down.

On one winter morning during his 23rd year, he was stuck on the left leg and severely wounded. As he layed there in the bloodstained snow staring at the sky he was unable to do much about the fight that raged on around him. He passed out and awoke in the cottage of Akia, a smith from the nearby village. Nobara found out that all people fighting in the fight had either fled or been killed and it was only luck that he had survived. While Nobara's leg mended he took up basic smithing and started to fall in love with Akia's daughter Naka. When the army passed by later in the year they found the still injured Nobara working at the smithy and mustered him out.

Now, without a military to fall back on Nobara was prepared to settle down. When deserters from his old unit decided to take revenge on Nobara for getting their friends killed. On the wedding day of Nobara and Naka, the now brigands decended on the cermony and killed Naka in the ensueing fight. Nobara has vowed revenge and changed his name to Nobara Chizome.

loxmyth

First Post
Okay, how about this?

Majestic Phoenix
Born to a diplomat of a minor, but well-connected Patrician family, Phoenix lived in the Realm proper only until his parents were certain he would not exalt as a Dragonblood. With the only terrestrial blood in his lineage coming from his mother, an unExalted minor member of House Tepet, the chance had been very small. Nevertheless, young Phoenix possessed an otherworldly grace and charisma that seemed unnatural.

As soon as he graduated from primary school, Phoenix travelled with his father as an emissary of the Realm in the East, hammering out trade and fealty agreements. He learned his father's craft well, polishing his ability to compose speeches, to learn the arts of speaking and debate, and the art of calligraphy. His father was quite pleased with his facility with the qualities of a diplomat and prepared him to take over in his stead. To this end, he accompanied his father as his personal secretary and scribe.

During their sojourn in the Haltan Republic, distressing news reached their ears: it had been confirmed that the Scarlet Empress had disappeared, far longer than she was usually wont to. Additionally, an Imperial legion composed mostly of members of House Tepet had suffered almost total annihilation in the north, some say against an Anathema demon. Phoenix's mother was devastated; some of her favourite cousins and siblings had been members of this force.

With this dire news, the family headed back to Realm, with the intention of consoling their grieving families. Unfortunately, before they could do so, their caravan was attacked by the Wyld-twisted Arczechi hordes. Normally, the Realm-trained caravan guard would be enough to protect them, but the barbarians used deadly poison and had superior numbers, so there was nothing to do but run. And run they did, straight into a patch of Creation corrupted by the Wyld. Inside, the world twisted and changed, and small steps carried men across leagues while flat out running moved one inches.

In this way, the caravan was completely separated from one another. Phoenix found himself with only the company of a few caravan guards and a scribe or two, encircled by some three score Arczechi. It was at this point he knew he would die, but he felt strangely calm. Stepping away from the rest, and raising his voice so that it rumbled with the Authority of Heaven, he commanded the enemy back, and away they fled.

Phoenix could not imagine his luck, which quickly turned to surprise when he found his fellows regarding him in horror...

loxmyth

First Post
Okay, last was my attempt at the Eclipse, this is an idea for a Lunar:

Ahnk Rah Meen, Thousand-Stripes-That-Bleed-Here

The desert can be a hard, cruel place. Closer to the Elemental Pole of Fire than any other place in Creation, it is home to desolation, hardship and arid, dry sand. But life can thrive there, if it knows how. Ahnk Rah Meen knew how, born into the ranks of the Delzahn hordes who still knew the Way. Like his peers, he delighted in the raids of caravans that plied the ways between the southern cities of the Threshold and derided his soft city-dwelling cousins. Ahnk owned his own blade and had been given his own horse, and life was good.

However, one moment of mistake can change all that came before, and Ahnk's lot was no different. During a raid outside Gem, he was knocked from his horse, and knocked unconscious. His capturers did not kill him, no; he was given a fate worse than death and enslaved. Being owned as property does not sit well with the Way, however. He attacked his handlers, ignored their orders, resisted time and again. But the handlers were used to dealing with "barbarians"; liberal beatings, starvings, and torture were all methods they found unsavoury, but necessary. In the end Ahnk Rah Meen was tamed, but not without the cost of the taming ravaging his body. Every inch of his body was covered in scars left by many a lashing, and he had become deathly thin, and he could only walk at a shuffle because his legs had been so mangled and ruined that it pained him to move any faster. After extensive blows to his head, he found that he was not quite as witty as he used to be, and often found it impossible to think for too long or hard.

But his face still carried the noble bearing of a khan in it, with his deep brown eyes and hawkish nose and coffee brown skin, which attracted a Dragonblood of House Cynis to choose him for a night's dalliances. The depravities she visited upon him the night she took him into her bedchamber will not be spoken of except to mention how fatal they were. Filled with wounds and dying from a loss of blood he was dumped down a sand dune and left for dead. A less tenacious man would have given up and expired right then. But though stupid and lame, tenacity was still one of his qualities.

He crawled for a long time, trying to find his way back to the nomadic flocks of his people, the light of a swollen moon his only guide. It was then that he noticed behind him the pale shape of the Dune woman crawling towards him with a rictus smile on her thin lips and a crazed glare in her silver eyes. He should have given up then; the Dune People did not travel alone, and in his weakened state he would be easy prey. But he would not give up so. She launched herself on him, a dagger made of human bone aiming for his throat. But he protected himself with his arms, still powerful, and knocked the weapon from her grip. They struggled there on top of a sandy dune by the silvery light of the moon for what seemed an Age; and suddenly the fight was over when he hugged the woman close and crushed her spine with the last of his strength.

As he lay there breathing heavily, his life's blood spilling into the sands, the dead woman turned her head to look at him. "Quite impressive," she said, and kissed him on the lips. In that moment he felt pain flood him, a searing pain, which receded as the albino woman pushed off of him and stood. "Now rise, my child, and live a second life. You are mine now." Then she turned, and was gone.

And as he sat up right, Meen could feel the strength returning to his body. Now I hunt again, he told himself, marvelling at his broken body made whole again. Now he could ride the stallions of his people again, and hunt the desert for foods and he could follow the Way. But for some reason, he could only think of Gem.

Mitchifer

First Post
Hello,

I posted earlier about player openings. If there is still one left, I'd be happy to fill it. If not, I'll give an NPC slot a shot. thanks

Lichtenhart

First Post
As I expected, no news from Uematsu and Kamard, so recruitment is open again.

I guess Loxmyth can be our Eclipse Caste. :)
Loxmyth, I'll send you an e-mail in the next days with some proposals and questions.

Mitchifier, would you like to play the Twilight slot?

Jaik, if you're still interested, I'd like to know more about your Lunar idea.

loxmyth

First Post
Lichtenhart said:
As I expected, no news from Uematsu and Kamard, so recruitment is open again.

I guess Loxmyth can be our Eclipse Caste. :)
Loxmyth, I'll send you an e-mail in the next days with some proposals and questions.

Thanks! I'll start trying to flesh the character out in my mind. BTW, feel free to make use of the other concept I put up, in whole or in part.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases