TSR Example from the worst TSR adventure module(s) ever published

jsewell

First Post
Marcon said:
Since no one highlighted this part of the 2nd encounter :

"The brigands will fight until they are all dead, or until the party has been killed."

Good Lord... "Should a PC forget to tell you his character is breathing, have him roll a Con check to see if he is choking. If he fails, he is allowed a second roll, this time with a -2 penalty or he will fall lifeless to the ground."

A real gem, thanks for sharing.

-Marco
Musn't forget: "If a brigand is captured, he will offer to lead the party to his hide-out (Area 2A Map) if they spare his life. He will not volunteer any more information about the hideout, but will not lie if asked a direct question about it."

Obviously the brigand wouldn't lie... That's just unconscionable!

StupidSmurf

First Post
jsewell said:
Musn't forget: "If a brigand is captured, he will offer to lead the party to his hide-out (Area 2A Map) if they spare his life. He will not volunteer any more information about the hideout, but will not lie if asked a direct question about it."

Obviously the brigand wouldn't lie... That's just unconscionable!

Indeed...the brigand shouldn't give out false info...that's illegal.

LordVyreth

First Post
Simplicity said:
Hahahahah! That second one kills me!

A group of men head by. They are not tarrying or running. Nor are they singing. They don't seem to be making apple pies. As far as you can tell, they're not talking about sports. They neither have sombreros nor stilts. These men are not acrobats. They have no expression as they don't dally to the west.

This is my favorite bit as well. I spent a whole day at work alternating between trying to keep a straight face and giggling madly. I think "These men are not acrobats" should go into our collective lexicon of geeky inside jokes, along with "my hat of d02 know no limit."

Drew

Explorer
LordVyreth said:
This is my favorite bit as well. I spent a whole day at work alternating between trying to keep a straight face and giggling madly. I think "These men are not acrobats" should go into our collective lexicon of geeky inside jokes, along with "my hat of d02 know no limit."

Seconded!

Simplicity

Explorer
LordVyreth said:

Heck, I'm *already* using it in my jokes... :uhoh:

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
Addenda for my encounter (or any of the encounters given):

"If anyone is hit by the sleep spell, Chloe the nymph will try to revive them by slapping them, until she remembers that nymphs don't have physical attacks in 1e. Then she'll go back to wringing her hands."

Crothian

First Post
I'm pleased that I am a proud owner of this module. Got it for a buck last year used. I never read it it just went on my self for the day it could be used. THanks for pointing out this hidden gem on my shelf.

Remove ads